Dream interpretation | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

I had a dream where I saw my dead cat. She came to visit, I recognized her but called her by the wrong name not intentionally.

I hope that cat has found peace and happiness beyond what she had here.

I fing hate death.

I often dream of deceased pets and people that I loved. Its usually a joyful experience because in the dream I have no recollection of their death, just them. When I wake, however, the flood of memories of their life and (my) loss come flooding back and can leave me melancholic. Yet, I am nevertheless thankful for my memories.

A few days ago, I dreamt that I was in an argument with a beloved friend who said some awful things to me (all in another language that I don't speak, by the way :D). When I saw my friend, I was still wounded by what was said and had to constantly chastise myself "It was only a dream!" to keep from being hurt and angry for no reason at all.

Anyone have reoccurring dreams?

Reactions: Misadventure
I often dream of deceased pets and people that I loved. Its usually a joyful experience because in the dream I have no recollection of their death, just them. When I wake, however, the flood of memories of their life and (my) loss come flooding back and can leave me melancholic. Yet, I am nevertheless thankful for my memories.

A few days ago, I dreamt that I was in an argument with a beloved friend who said some awful things to me (all in another language that I don't speak, by the way :D). When I saw my friend, I was still wounded by what was said and had to constantly chastise myself "It was only a dream!" to keep from being hurt and angry for no reason at all.

Anyone have reoccurring dreams?

I dream in different languages sometimes too. It's amazing how you can speak perfect (insert language of choice here) in your dreams and then when you wake up, POOF! Can't remember a single word of it, lol.
As far as reoccurring dreams go, no, I haven't ever had one.
Have you?

i dreamed that i was in a luxury shopping mall with a tour group and i was made to conduct surgery on myself by the tour guide, in a high traffic thoroughfare at the foot of an escalator where i was obstructing the paths of other visitors to the mall. i was removing numerous parts of my internal organs and musculature in the form of tubes, ligaments, and lumps of flesh. my internal parts were not red and gory, they were whitish and translucent as though made of soft plastic like latex. everything inside me was wet and sloppy and filled with liquid, like firm water balloons. there were no recognisable human organs, just lumpy shapes and strange parts. it caused me no special pain or discomfort to vivisect myself in this way and when i finished i was ready to stand up and keep walking. everything appeared to be in working order within me. i thought maybe the things i had removed had been surplus parts. these parts were on the floor around me and the tour guide gave me some white plastic grocery bags to pack the parts into. the parts all packed into the bags neatly and snugly like clothes going into a suitcase or vacuum cleaner attachments going into a case that had been made especially for them. the guide and some of the others had picked up packages of my body parts and were carrying them, and i picked up the largest package. i was relieved to be moving on from the thoroughfare where i had been in the way. i expressed my wish that my removed parts should be allowed to decompose in a natural place, and my worry that no such place was accessible. the tour guide informed me that this was not permitted and my parts would now be kept in deep refrigeration in case they were needed for some unforeseeable purpose. i was angry that my wishes were not respected but i knew that the situation was final and argument would be futile.

I saw a dream about giants who wanted to eat me and my little brother. We were running in the forest and hiding in the bushes, LOL. I haven't even watched Attack on Titan for months.

This happened about 3 nights ago. I had a dream with these two girls I don't even know. They were both beautiful in different ways. One was more sensitive, down to earth, nurturing and shy. I liked her and was attracted to her but it was more than sexual. The other girl was outgoing, red personality type, perfectionist and absolute in her pursuit and desire to have me. There was extreme, out of this world sexual chemistry between the two of us but I could only see it as a fling. The more sensitive girl walked in on me sleeping with the more outgoing girl and stormed off crying. I got up to chase after her but then I woke up with a sick feeling in my stomach.

Dreamed I must have died from a heart attack last night. Strange dream: it was more like thoughts than visions.

I just googled "man standing before too many things to do", wondering if this could be the reason for my thoughts. The very first answer was this:

http://biblehub.com/revelation/7-9.htm

I'll not worry about it any longer.

Last edited:
Last night I dreamed my eyelashes (which are now long and dark- thanks Latisse and dark brown eyelash tint), turned white blonde and fell out. I felt a little upset when I woke up.

Along those same lines, a few nights ago I dreamed many of my upper front teeth were stained/discolored (picture doggett from OITNB). Alarmingly I had not noticed the problem until the dentist pointed it out. Then I realized it would take extensive dental work to fix and I kept trying to convince myself it wasn't that bad. I went to tell my father (who in real life is totally blind) about the problem. He didn't say anything, but gave me a very gentle, sweet smile. When he smiled I noticed his upper front tooth was badly chipped (half broken off). I suddenly felt ashamed, and woke up missing my dad a lot (he lives far away and I am prevented from seeing him by my mentally ill mother).

Reactions: Scientia
I had the oddest dream and I can't describe all of it because there was too much to it. The main part of it was that I was a boy of about twelve in the 1920's and I was running from a rabid street dog. The dog caught me and tore my arm open. I killed the dog with my belt and then realized it was my dog. I got up, crying and carrying the limp dog to the doctor for anti rabies shots. I became an adult female aviator after the rabies shots and was flying a prop plane when it exploded. I jumped out and was fine but felt terrible because it was my grandfather's plane and he had let me borrow it. I woke up feeling like a complete ass who kills dogs and blows up borrowed family planes.

Reactions: PintoBean
I actually just woke up... I can't go to sleep, the dream was horrible. >.< I was in abandoned mental hospital, but actually only working there... We had to have guns because there was this scary monster (it makes me laugh now when thinking about it, because that ''monster'' was from one cartoon I used to watch as a child) so we could shoot it if we see it inside the building. The bullets didn't work, though. LOL, so the monster just came back again and again... There weren't any lights in the building either, only in the office room where I was working. Spooky!

Last night I had a dream that someone was painting the outside of my house but the paint was causing all these white worms to materialize on the inside of the house and come through the walls. Then the white worms started coming from me, they were coming from my hair and scalp. I was trying to get them out of me by scratching my head but more worms would come out of my hair and skin from my head. It was gross.

It was disturbing.

Reactions: hush
My dream last night consisted of reliving the rejection of an ex. This time however, she didn't just reject me, but suggest that I was an empty shell not deserving of enough the slightest bit of affection. That I had nothing to offer the world, nothing to offer other people and anyone who had showed any interest in me did it out of pity.

It was not a good dream.

Recently I was dreaming about having followers who I was teaching something, can't really remember what it was. Anyway I woke up and felt a bit embarrassed about the dream.

Recently I was dreaming about having followers who I was teaching something, can't really remember what it was. Anyway I woke up and felt a bit embarrassed about the dream.

Now I actually remembered where it might have come from - a friend of mine asked me if I could be his Jedi master. Ha ha. I'm not sure if he was taking the piss or being serious because it was on text chat. I don't think he was sober either.

I dreamed last night that Z., one of my beloved dogs, somehow caught fire and I had to drop and roll him on the carpet to put it out. I did this successfully, but was horrified when one of his legs fell off. Just when I had managed to convince myself that dogs with only 3 legs can do just fine, another fell off. I was very upset and woke up. I immediatly checked if Z. was okay.

I had this dream because 3 days ago Z. was bitten by a wire-haired terrier who got loose from the extendo-leash his geriatric owner was trying to keep hold of. The little orange terrier chased us down the street gnashing at our heels. We finally got a distance and his owner somehow managed to catch her wild little dog when I noticed Z's tail was bleeding badly. Apparently the terrier had got a bite in. It was such a deep bite that the bone was exposed. I took Z to the vet where they cleaned and bandaged the wound. He was upset and so was I. The vet said he might need to amputate the end of Z's tail. Thankfully the tail is healing well. For 2 days Z. looked visibly diminished and didn't want to walk past our front yard. But tonight he did his usual two mile circle around the neighborhood with me. He seems to be back to himself. The wire haired terrier was out doing victory laps near our mailbox earlier. We stayed indoors until I knew it was safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scientia
I dreamed last night that Z., one of my beloved dogs, somehow caught fire and I had to drop and roll him on the carpet to put it out. I did this successfully, but was horrified when one of his legs fell off. Just when I had managed to convince myself that dogs with only 3 legs can do just fine, another fell off. I was very upset and woke up. I immediatly checked if Z. was okay.

I have read that dogs are in dreams are often symbols of scouts that delve into our unconsciousness plucking out ripe content that is ready or eager to see the light of consciousness. These contents are idea-feeling complexes that our Self deems ready for integration.

This dream is rich with symbols, Z catching fire, you smothering him with your body to save him, his legs falling off....
The last part suggests you realizing subconsciously a disconnect from a more usual pattern of integrating unconscious content. Maybe there is something big in there that you are kinda stuck getting at.

I would also look at the fire, what feelings it evokes... cool dream.

Been dreaming of trickery recently. The common theme is that I'll be with a woman (no clue who, and she always differs in terms of features). During the dream, she always convinces me to relax and close my eyes (whispering soothing nothings, etc). After which I rest for a moment, and then open my eyes to discover the deception. Usually she's transformed into a spider (or some other creature) and she's busy encasing me in some sort of silk. Then I panic and wake up.

The odd thing is, I don't have any issues or unpleasantries with women. I've dated nothing but nice girls, and I love my Mom very much. Very odd indeed....

Been dreaming of trickery recently. The common theme is that I'll be with a woman (no clue who, and she always differs in terms of features). During the dream, she always convinces me to relax and close my eyes (whispering soothing nothings, etc). After which I rest for a moment, and then open my eyes to discover the deception. Usually she's transformed into a spider (or some other creature) and she's busy encasing me in some sort of silk. Then I panic and wake up.

The odd thing is, I don't have any issues or unpleasantries with women. I've dated nothing but nice girls, and I love my Mom very much. Very odd indeed....

Anima?

I just woke up from a dream all about disappointment. Things disappointing me and me disappointing people:
The first part of my dream I looked down at my engagement ring (which in reality is rose gold) and noticed that the metal was a fake looking yellow gold chintzy band. The stone had turned to a small black plastic dot rather than a diamond. I was embarrassed when I showed it to my sister, who said sympathetically "you can always get the stone replaced later." Later in the dream I had made my way into some kind of boutique and found a bottle of perfume (in real life I always love the idea of different fragrances, but all except one give me migraines, so scent sniffing is usually an exercise in illness for me). The bottle was just a plain glass with a medieval style botanical illustration of some kind of herb. The label said "Very pleasant, soft apple scent." My heart surged with hope. I had a sense that good things come in plain bottles. I was ready for an olfactory miracle. I pictured the soft lovely scent of an apple orchard in the evening, and just knew I had found the holy grail of perfumes. I spritzed some on my sleeve and smelled. Disappointment. It was faint, inoffensive yet vaguely medicinal (something like lavender and green tea oil), which faded away quickly. Suddenly my friend R. was there. She sprayed some on and immediately stated how much she loved it. I felt a surge of jealousy. Why was she so easily happy? Then I was with my family watching a horse show of some kind. There was all this meat being served and I was upset because there was some kind of connection to the horses performing and the meat. I had the sense I was embarrassing my family and commenced telling tall tales to impress them. They looked disgusted. I found my journal somewhere and my sister looked sheepish and said she was sorry that her sorority sisters had said mean things about me and wrote them in my journal. I looked through the journal, which had pre-dated pages, and realized the dates were long past and it was a very old journal. Later my sister and I observed a how some old houses were being rebuilt. As I looked closer, I could see the walls were already collapsing, the roofs sagging and the windows crooked. I explained to my sister that the construction was very poor and I couldn't believe how cheaply houses were being built lately. She shrugged and said she didn't see what I saw. Then my husband was suddenly there informing that an old boyfriend was at our house wanting to see me. He said the ex was downstairs lighting dollar bills on fire. In great embarrassment I realized it was a bid to get me to see him, and explained to my husband that this guy knew nothing would bring me downstairs faster than someone throwing money around. I felt very ashamed of my materialism and that I was presenting a false self to my husband, who obviously did not see this bad quality in me which really is there. At this point I woke up feeling jittery and listened to a radio show about the disappearance of Michael Rockefeller in New Guinea.

Last edited:
I had a crazy intense dream this morning, causing me to wake up with my heart racing. Without going into too many details. It was night. I heard a fight from across the woods and it sounded ugly and violent. I ran down a path, downhill and into a log cabin, that resembled an apartment my family lived in when I was four. The apartment itself was on the first floor in real life, but I ran "downstairs" into my grandmother's house, picked up a phone to call the police but there wasn't a dial tone. Someone was on the other end. It was silent. I tried to talk into the phone, but nothing came out. I became frightened. I tried forcing something out, but all that escaped were grunts and moans. Then, there was a shadow standing before me in the darkness. I tried to scream. Nothing came out. I woke up, my heart racing.

I dreamed I was I was alone somewhere and it was night. The landscape looked rainy and depressing. Lots of flat fields and mud. I was standing in lot off a field and trying to convince a man in a truck to give me a ride. The man was B., a homeless schizophrenic I have known my whole life (he wasn't always homeless and schizophrenic). He was a truck driver in the dream and for whatever reason I really wanted to get in the cab and have him drive me somewhere. I tried to be seductive to get him to let me up for a ride. He laughed and said no. I suddenly noticed he had a driving partner with him, and for whatever reason that made the possibility of a ride go to nil. Later in the dream I was discussing with my dad about going back to school. Except it was he who was going back to school (in reality he dropped out of high-school and is self-educated- he's never expressed any desire to go to college). He was explaining to me he had to take an introduction to writing class. I felt it was going to be very frustrating for him as an educated adult to have to sit in a class with a bunch of 18 year old kids learning how to write an essay. I tried to tell him this, and to say it wouldn't make a difference if he had a college degree, but he seemed sad and determined. The whole dream was steeped in a gray, rainy and gritty atmosphere. I woke up with a bad feeling.