Do you work well under deadlines? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you work well under deadlines?

I was known to write 10 page essays the night before they were due. What else was I gonna be doing at 2am. Sometimes I love the pressure of getting something done at the very last minute. It is like a game. It makes something that isn't very challenging a bit funner.
I do this.

I'm a perfectionist, so I will spend too much time researching information, and taking notes, then I have to shape all the notes into a cohesive, knowledgeable, fluid monologue, keeping within the guidelines, answering all the questions, and making sure a dummy could understand the subject. Then editing begins... :/

Reactions: 1 person
Deadlines themselves don't matter. It's deadline + consequence that matters. The latter forces me to stick to it.

I'll use the example of developing a mod for a game.

Pure Deadline-
a. "I'll make this mod..." *doesn't get around to it*
b. *starts working on mod intensively* *gets bored/stuck on a hard part* "Urgh, I hate looking at this." *abandons*

Deadline + Consequence:
"This part is making me pull my hair out, but I have a secret santa who I shall not disappoint."

Therefore, I try to set myself up some consequence when I want to really get something done.

Reactions: Gaze
Hello Reverie,

I really like the picture you have; how beautiful it is! Mermaid with thick floating hair and slim, toned figure! thank you

Reactions: 1 person
I was known to write 10 page essays the night before they were due. What else was I gonna be doing at 2am. Sometimes I love the pressure of getting something done at the very last minute. It is like a game. It makes something that isn't very challenging a bit funner.
I'm so guilty of this too... I painted my work for an artschool exhibition 3 days before the actual event. I also had no turpentine. It was terrible but exiting at the same time.
:m081:
It wasn't the greatest service to the world of Fine art though... strangely the best painting I actually just whipped out in a four hour mad rush the night before.
...I think if my teachers had known they would have :frusty: I got away with it...

Naturally no, I've had really work on changing my tendency to procrastinate when given deadlines. I can certainly get by waiting until the last minute, but I usually do considerably better when I'm working on something over time.

Not under pressure...oh no.....that's erme.....difficult.......so what- is the next shit that runs across my mind when fuckin shit piles up :]

This thread seems to be "stuck" in my user control panel as having new posts, but it doesn't. Maybe I'm being reminded that I have a deadline to create a powerpoint presentation on the benefits of exercise, and that I ought to be working on that. Hm...will posting fix the glitch? :)

I agree, I tend to struggle. I'm done when I am content with my work and everything is in order and it looks good! I feel pressure when I am forced to work under deadlines. I'm in high school, so, that's pretty often...

I love the structure of deadlines more than the deadlines themselves. They congregate and agitate my mind until I finish them.