Do you think you are a "catch"? ;D | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you think you are a "catch"? ;D

I suppose if you were insane, and had somehow been able to figure out the mysteries of life and therefore caught my heart... then i think it would be a yes.

No , not anymore. Maybe once 10 or so years ago but now. I fear that won't change no matter what I do.

why ten years ago and not now? 25 is young.

10 years ago I had a positive attitude (less anxiety). a healthy body (I've gained a lot of weight and stretch marks thanks to my sucky skin), and my life is not where I would have thought it would be. Trust me no one is going to want this bag of crap that is me.

Granted I'm working on getting back on track with my life but its taking some time.

Reactions: middle1 and rawr
10 years ago I had a positive attitude (less anxiety). a healthy body (I've gained a lot of weight and stretch marks thanks to my sucky skin), and my life is not where I would have thought it would be. Trust me no one is going to want this bag of crap that is me.

Granted I'm working on getting back on track with my life but its taking some time.

that's ok, a lot of guys have stretch marks. you seem basically lovable to me, don' t stress out too much.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
When I was like 19 or 20, some old pervy man said "Enjoy your good looks now because they're gonna go downhill in a few years."

That asshole was kinda right. Like for some reason there is 2-3 days out of the month when I feel like a total milf. Then the rest of the month is like wtf happened?!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
hmm . . . maybe, it's better to see potential or possibility rather than less or lack?

Some days I do, some days I don't. It really depends. I do recognize that I do have some desireable qualities with my appearence, and personality. At the same time though I do see a lot of undesireable qualities.

My biggest issue is, the kind of guys I am attracted to are so different from me in a lot of ways that I just can't wrap my brain around the idea that they could like me and see me as a catch in a sense. It's actually that "fear" that makes me not a catch in a lot of ways.

+1

I would stay away from me if I were anybody else--but I've been told by the smartest & most observant people I know that the things that make girls stand out to me are reeeaaally hard to understand and impossible to predict, so I'd imagine there're some similar girls out there who'd pick up on equally unpredictable traits of my own and go for them too. It's not that I don't think I have any characteristics that make me valuable, but they don't scream "grab this one while you can!", so it'd take a very odd point of view to look at them and think "damn, I would be lucky to have him!"

If it wasn't clear from the post: I do strongly agree about it all being relative.

I would stay away from me if I were anybody else--but I've been told by the smartest & most observant people I know that the things that make girls stand out to me are reeeaaally hard to understand and impossible to predict, so I'd imagine there're some similar girls out there who'd pick up on equally unpredictable traits of my own and go for them too. It's not that I don't think I have any characteristics that make me valuable, but they don't scream "grab this one while you can!", so it'd take a very odd point of view to look at them and think "damn, I would be lucky to have him!"

If it wasn't clear from the post: I do strongly agree about it all being relative.

Interesting.

I think i'd get a swell head if i was thought of as a catch. hmm . . . and being caught is not really a goal anymore. I can handle someone thinking "you know, that woman, she seems pretty cool," better than "OMG, you're such a catch or YOU ARE SMOKIN'!" :D

Last edited:
When I was like 19 or 20, some old pervy man said "Enjoy your good looks now because they're gonna go downhill in a few years."

That asshole was kinda right. Like for some reason there is 2-3 days out of the month when I feel like a total milf. Then the rest of the month is like wtf happened?!

i was very pretty in the past but it's faded significantly and i feel the same as you. still some similarly pervy creep said the same thing to me a couple of months ago so maybe the situation isn't as bad as i thought.

Do you think you are a "catch"? ;D

I'm a voluptuous (finally!) 62-year-old woman, intense, creative, moody as hell. What's not to like? Oh, and did I mention my souped up wheelchair?

Sorry, though...like Aeon, I've already been snagged.

Reactions: rawr and invisible
i was very pretty in the past but it's faded significantly and i feel the same as you. still some similarly pervy creep said the same thing to me a couple of months ago so maybe the situation isn't as bad as i thought.

Awww. Let's go get a makeover together k?

Well, most would consider me to be a very acomplished young woman.
I can cook, clean, sew, sing, and I can even play the piano.
:m027:

I can say with utmost confidence that the majority of people I have encountered on this thread all have qualities I would consider to be of the 'positive catchitude' variety. We are an intelligent, caring, talented, and (dare I say it) F-ing funny group.

I think of myself more as "catch and release".....WTF is that? Better get it off the line fast!

Heehee...I think I heart you Sonyab. :)

I agree with Indy...yep I'm jumping in here givin' nicknames and such. I flip flop back and forth. I think I know my worth, therefore I have self worth...if that makes sense. When I don't think I'm that great of catch I am hung up on my idiosyncrasies and my oddballness. I know that was a lot more vague then I had intended it to be. I'm not very articulate tonight...sorry. :)

[MENTION=3212]oddgirlout[/MENTION]

Heehee...I think I heart you Sonyab. :)

I agree with Indy...yep I'm jumping in here givin' nicknames and such. I flip flop back and forth. I think I know my worth, therefore I have self worth...if that makes sense. When I don't think I'm that great of catch I am hung up on my idiosyncrasies and my oddballness. I know that was a lot more vague then I had intended it to be. I'm not very articulate tonight...sorry. :)

You have to embrace your outlandish peculiarities or you'll just end up disliking who you are. It's not what we have in common that defines us, rather we are our divergence.