Do you think you are a "catch"? ;D | INFJ Forum

Do you think you are a "catch"? ;D

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Is this because of how you feel about you? How others respond to you or treat you? Or both?

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
I think of myself more as "catch and release".....WTF is that? Better get it off the line fast!

Reactions: bagelriffic
I don't any longer because I am caught. :thumb:

OK, seriously now - the idea of someone being a catch is just that - an idea, and one that doesn't really fit my needs-based worldview as it concerns human relationships, especially those that speak to deeper and wider degrees of intimacy.

cheers,
Ian

I don't see myself as a catch at all, however I have been told on several occasions that I am one. *shrugs* I don't really know why that is.

I don't see myself as a catch at all, however I have been told on several occasions that I am one. *shrugs* I don't really know why that is.

Do you they ever explain why?

I think I am quite a catch, I have a beautiful mind, body, and soul. So the man that eventually 'catches' me, shall be very lucky :m024:

(Haha enough of my arrogance)

I think that if I had an improved sense of self-worth I would consider myself to be a fine specimen of desideratum. Unfortunately, I can't see myself in a very positive light the majority of the time. I am skilled at picking out faults and seeing the downside. I can take any compliment and rip it to shreds.

People have told me I'm pretty cool.

Reactions: Gaze and jyrffw54
Do you they ever explain why?

Disclaimer: this is not coming from me. I am not this conceited.
It's because I'm gorgeous, smart, amazing, fun, awesome, witty, talented, a nerd.... The list really can go on and on. I don't really see myself from their point of view, though. I find myself to be physically awkward at best and intellectually average. I am cold and unapproachable. The only things I will really claim are the nerdiness and the musical talent. *shrugs*

Oh, I have also been told I am a catch because I'm not really a girl. I think more like a guy and fit in better with guys.

Reactions: That Girl
Disclaimer: this is not coming from me. I am not this conceited.
It's because I'm gorgeous, smart, amazing, fun, awesome, witty, talented, a nerd.... The list really can go on and on. I don't really see myself from their point of view, though. I find myself to be physically awkward at best and intellectually average. I am cold and unapproachable. The only things I will really claim are the nerdiness and the musical talent. *shrugs*

Oh, I have also been told I am a catch because I'm not really a girl. I think more like a guy and fit in better with guys.

Nice list [MENTION=2096]DevilDoll[/MENTION]. You should own more of it. :)

Some days I do, some days I don't. It really depends. I do recognize that I do have some desireable qualities with my appearence, and personality. At the same time though I do see a lot of undesireable qualities.

My biggest issue is, the kind of guys I am attracted to are so different from me in a lot of ways that I just can't wrap my brain around the idea that they could like me and see me as a catch in a sense. It's actually that "fear" that makes me not a catch in a lot of ways.

Eh. I have my on and off days honestly. I have a wacky and weird combination that I don't think most other people have, so by that standard, I guess I could be considered a catch.

Is this because of how you feel about you? How others respond to you or treat you? Or both?

I'm not.

I'm not a very actualized person and it's because of how people have responded to and/or treated me. I'm not treated the same way by everyday people anymore but it's a little difficult to escape the mindset. As for how I am now, I'm fine around strangers, with friends....I don't really have many at all, maybe one or two....don't get me wrong, I can make friends, I could even collect them in a sense but they'd be kind of valueless.

It's funny, through a module I've taken a service is described as:

"a time-perishable, intangible experience performed for a customer acting in the role of co-producer." (James Fitzsimmons, Service Management: Operations, Strategy, Information Technology, p.4)

This is the best definition I've found as to describe a service, it also seems to fit the type of friendships that fine but not something I would want lots of because I would feel it degrades both the other person and me. It would be nothing more than a "show" and using others as tools. I'm not saying we don't use other people in that kind of way or that it's completely immoral to do that (it isn't up to an extent anyway) but I don't like to emphasize it. A true friendship for me would be something that isn't time perishable. Around good/true friends I show my insecurities a little and still they see me to be "quite a catch" though they gave reason as to why that extended past what could be construed as a general platitude.

I think given a couple of years I will be, but until that time it's more of a long term investment lol, I recognise what I've got to do to become more actualized so it's more just a matter of time and confidence.

Nope but I've been lucky enough to be caught =)

Thanks. I just really don't see myself as those things....

I do. I don't know you personally so I can only assume about personality bits, but physically you are definitely a catch. No two ways about it!

I only ever have first dates.
Though I have gone out on a lot
of dates we never mutually agree
to go out again and not just because
I find something wrong with them.
I imagine catches get marriage proposals
with almost every relationship. That's the rule.
I don't even get to the relationship stage.
Bird = not a catch.

I'm not sure I even know many people whom
I would consider a "catch".

I only ever have first dates.
Though I have gone out on a lot
of dates we never mutually agree
to go out again and not just because
I find something wrong with them.
I imagine catches get marriage proposals
with almost every relationship. That's the rule.
I don't even get to the relationship stage.
Bird = not a catch.

I'm not sure I even know many people whom
I would consider a "catch".

Caught bird = cage. :p

Ehhhh, not especially. I'm loving and considerate and all that jazz, but I can also be pretty damn flighty and all over the place.

I guess I'd say I'm a work in progress?

Reactions: Bird and That Girl