Do you recommend your country? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you recommend your country?

[MENTION=5601]ezra[/MENTION] -_- please :)

He insulted our graveyards! He's Irish, for Christ's sake!

... Oh, alright, "sorry" [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION]

You're a "good friend" and a "scholar"!

Reactions: Jexocuha
Guys guys [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] [MENTION=5601]ezra[/MENTION] please ^^
Focus your attention on helping me to get out of here please ^^ :D I really wanna be out :D

Ezra started it.

I don't know where you're situated, but if it's in Europe it'll make things a whole lot simpler. If not, your focus should really be more on emigration and visa polices. You should be thinking about the cost, if you'll want to stay post masters, whether you'll need some knowledge of the language. Be sure to have everything planned out, before you think about making the move.

There's also certain policies in place for a working student. There's only a certain amount of time you can dedicate to working, before it conflicts with the law. And if you're going to work in a bar or restaurant, you might need to be able to speak the native language. Or just enough to get by. Even if you're lucky enough to get a scholarship, that won't cover everything. And even though college will be free there's still books, supplies and the mandatory three whiskies per class (or is that just in Ireland).

You seem dedicated and I hope it works out for you.

He insulted our graveyards! He's Irish, for Christ's sake!

... Oh, alright, "sorry" [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION]

You're a "good friend" and a "scholar"!

I'm having a hard time judging if this is for fun or for real - the whole conversation that is.
Either way it brings me to unease, even though I'm not taking part of it... I wonder why.

Be nice, guys! Please, be nice...:m068:

I wouldn't recommend Finland, because the job situation here is very bad currently, many jobless people even with many years of work experience and with high university degrees. So it's really hard to get a job currently. :/ Most universities don't have any fees or if there is any tuition fee, it's not much really. I don't know anything about the education studies, though. Also politicians are thinking about getting a tuition fee for people who are coming from other countries to here to study, such a pity. ><'' Mostly people who are coming from other countries to here to study, are coming because there are no tuition fees and studying is almost free. I don't know how much government pays student aid for foreigners but those student aids aren't much, not even for citizens here. Things aren't going so well here currently, as you may noticed from my message. But the quality of education here is very good, I believe. :)

Ezra started it.
=
I don't know where you're situated, but if it's in Europe it'll make things a whole lot simpler. If not, your focus should really be more on emigration and visa polices. You should be thinking about the cost, if you'll want to stay post masters, whether you'll need some knowledge of the language. Be sure to have everything planned out, before you think about making the move.
There's also certain policies in place for a working student. There's only a certain amount of time you can dedicate to working, before it conflicts with the law.
You seem dedicated and I hope it works out for you.

Well ... of course I'm not from somewhere in the Europe ._. I mean, If I were everything would be different.I'm from Iran...living here...so you know the story...
leaving the country has been make difficult for us by our own government and other countries.It feels like being hostages! it needs lots of money and lots of stuff to be prepared...You mentioned very helpful stuff.thank you very much friend :) Can I choose any other jobs apart form these btw? :D

I'm having a hard time judging if this is for fun or for real - the whole conversation that is.
Either way it brings me to unease, even though I'm not taking part of it... I wonder why.

Be nice, guys! Please, be nice...:m068:
Tell me about it :D .
BTW your profile picture is .... is ....is .... PERFECT IN MANY WAYS ^_^
Jacobi started it! Classic Jack.

This is totally a stupid gag, by the way. Sorry, folks.
HAHA :m129:
I wouldn't recommend Finland, because the job situation here is very bad currently, many jobless people even with many years of work experience and with high university degrees. So it's really hard to get a job currently. :/ Most universities don't have any fees or if there is any tuition fee, it's not much really. I don't know anything about the education studies, though. Also politicians are thinking about getting a tuition fee for people who are coming from other countries to here to study, such a pity. ><'' Mostly people who are coming from other countries to here to study, are coming because there are no tuition fees and studying is almost free. I don't know how much government pays student aid for foreigners but those student aids aren't much, not even for citizens here. Things aren't going so well here currently, as you may noticed from my message. But the quality of education here is very good, I believe. :)

Oh MY :( I love you country.
So you're saying the only problem is money.well...I'm trying to look everywhere but ... well...I don't know.what do you guys do there? people need jobs :(

I don't know how it is to studie in Sweden as a foreigner, and I also don't know how studies in Sweden is compared to other countries. What I do know it that I'm happy about my studies (Math and Physics Teacher).

I don't know how it is to studie in Sweden as a foreigner, and I also don't know how studies in Sweden is compared to other countries. What I do know it that I'm happy about my studies (Math and Physics Teacher).

Well I love your country :) I have an old old friend there , helping me a lot with let say everything,But I've heard your country cost a fortune to live in :p (as a foreigner I mean)

Lots of Scandinavians here and I was surfing the net to find my answers ^_^

Have you ever considered someplace like Japan?
A friend of mine went there and taught English to businessmen and they paid him housing and food and a really decent wage.
You can hang with [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]

Well I love your country :) I have an old old friend there , helping me a lot with let say everything,But I've heard your country cost a fortune to live in :p (as a foreigner I mean)

Perhaps you're right, but my guess is that it's costing a fortune for everyone in my country, but the Swedes are used to it. It's called welfare and it gives high taxes. Once you're a citizen you get a lot for free: schooling, health care, social assistance (if in need), etc. So it has it pros and cons, as usual.

EDIT: once you pay taxes, that is. Citizen = taxes

Here’s the sad state of the US and the insane cost to become educated…(one side anyhow).

[video=youtube;xV1wzdpB9yk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=xV1wzdpB9yk[/video]​

Have you ever considered someplace like Japan?
A friend of mine went there and taught English to businessmen and they paid him housing and food and a really decent wage.
You can hang with [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]
well I know Japan needs lots and lots of teachers of English and I know one of their method they're using is very cool.So I guess I'll look into it.Thank you ^_^
Perhaps you're right, but my guess is that it's costing a fortune for everyone in my country, but the Swedes are used to it. It's called welfare and it gives high taxes. Once you're a citizen you get a lot for free: schooling, health care, social assistance (if in need), etc. So it has it pros and cons, as usual.

EDIT: once you pay taxes, that is. Citizen = taxes
It's even worse in Iran.That's why not all of us are rich considering the enormous amount of oil we have.The government put the money in its own pocket!
Here’s the sad state of the US and the insane cost to become educated…(one side anyhow).
sad but true ... I know ...
We have two kinda of educational system here (both bachelor and master courses)
If you study a lot and you pass the exam -the university entrance exam- with a good result you can enter a university and you don`t need to pay anything
but if you don`t study that much you can enter the university but you have to pay a lot of money!

If I had a good GPA in my bachelor I could have taken a scholarship.That`s why I`m also thinking about master here in a good universty with a good GPA and then I would be able to take a scholarship and no worries about money.

I`m not sure if I can make it without money after all , so this is another option!
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Oh MY :( I love you country.
So you're saying the only problem is money.well...I'm trying to look everywhere but ... well...I don't know.what do you guys do there? people need jobs :(

Yup, the money is huge issue here currently, for the foreigners and citizens. The government has made horrible decisions and continues doing more. Quality of living is going down hard, it's super sad to see... Finland won't be welfare state anymore if those silly politicians continue doing wrong decisions. Scandinavia & Nordic countries are known for the welfare and amazing quality of living. It's such a pity to see everything our ancestors have made after war going to be destroyed. I'm still amazed how quickly they built a welfare state like this in just few decades, for being such a young country. But the government isn't seeing the reality currently and it's going to destroy many lives and everything which this country have been known for, like a good education. Those highly educated people who have worked many years to get a good degree, they're most likely moving out of country to places where they can get jobs. It's like jumping out from sinking ship, lol... :p I am going to do the same, after I've decided which degree I'm interested in, then move out of country to somewhere else in Europe or outside Europe. People who don't have jobs get unemployment allowance from government for living, like paying rent, bills, food etc. People do need jobs, I agree. :/ I'm also unemployed. ><

I recommend other Nordic countries to you, because things are going worse and worse after every year here and I feel like other Nordic countries have made better decisions, so the quality of living is better for a student. :) Good luck!

Last edited:
Well ... of course I'm not from somewhere in the Europe ._. I mean, If I were everything would be different.I'm from Iran...living here...so you know the story...
leaving the country has been make difficult for us by our own government and other countries.It feels like being hostages! it needs lots of money and lots of stuff to be prepared...You mentioned very helpful stuff.thank you very much friend :) Can I choose any other jobs apart form these btw? :D

Well you could have been from a European country that was facing financial difficulties and you needed to move away from that. I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Being from a non EU/EEA country makes things a bit more difficult. Which I'm sure you're more than familiar with. It won't be an easy road, there's a few extra fees and more red tape to deal with.

Of course, it's just that those jobs are easier to get and often worked by students.

You mentioned you liked Ireland. While there are some colleges that provide the masters' you mentioned, there aren't exactly a lot of jobs in your chosen areas here. The recession did quite a bit of damage and really we're just recovering. Of course you don't need to learn any other language, which is a positive. The standard of education is also quite good. And as long as you don't move to Dublin, it's not too expensive.

No!!! I don't recommend Japan. Maybe Singapore because their productivity is bangin right now. But, teaching English is going to send your career into a nosedive right now because so many people are doing it, it is rapidly depreciating in value. Study education in Finland or something first and pump up your qualifications.

The country I reside in has some decent bachelor programs, and compared to say the USA, is way cheaper.
For my bachelor in the netherlands I pay aprox. 2000 euro a year.

That said, rent prices can be pretty high ranging from 200-600 euros for the same size room (gas, electricity, water and internet incl) depending on which city you study in.
I also pay between 120-200 euros a month on groceries.

Side jobs wise, I think domino's pizza or a cleaning company are your best bet since you don't speak dutch, and it's not that easy to find a side job even if you are dutch.

The country is kinda overcrowded tbh. If something were to happen here, I'm pretty sure we're on cannibalism within 3 days of the stores running out of food.
That said, Education wise for bachelors, I would recommend The Netherlands. We get a lot of students here from Germany as well because it is cheaper for them to get a bachelor here than in germany.
And most bachelor programs are given in English.

That said, we don't have scholarships here to my knowledge or any other means for schools to help lessen the load for international students.
The system dutch people do have basically is a study loan system that we have to pay back and whilst the interest rate is not as high as at a bank,
It still is a loan, and it's pretty darn much if you pay your rent, food and school from it like pretty much everyone does.