Do you recommend your country? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Do you recommend your country?

OK
Change of plan ^^

I wanna get my TESOL/ TEFL certificate and apply for a job while I'm here in Iran.

The think is I don't know where to go first :p I mean, it doesn't matter that much where. This is a journey and I love to see the world. I just don't know where to start.

any suggestions? ^^

Reactions: Jexocuha
Living cost comparisons based on avarage saleries. that means theres people above and below this number.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries.jsp

Don't be discouraged by whatever numbers you may find there because, You can go anywhere if you can land a job and working/residence permit before going there. Without a job, any country is a bust.

[MENTION=11651]Artisan[/MENTION] WOW - How did you find that? I was thinking about finding something like that when I was in the taxi today ^^
Well I was actually dreaming about it :D Didn't know such a thing exist :D

Thanks ^^

[MENTION=11651]Artisan[/MENTION] WOW - How did you find that? I was thinking about finding something like that when I was in the taxi today ^^
Well I was actually dreaming about it :D Didn't know such a thing exist :D

Thanks ^^

I like to find things out way in advance. ^^
Came across it a while back when working on my list.

Nowhere in hell i would recomend it. Similar system to the US regarding universities, but not even near the same quality. Also it's very expensive to live here. If it was pleasure it would be different. But to live, and specially study... no, no.
Argentina haves better universities, and excelent foreign programs, they want people to come there. Also MUCH cheaper, and high quality. But i guess it's too far away from where you are, and you'll have to learn spanish... However, argentinians are fairly welcoming and fun to be around with, kinda like italians. All things considered though, the country doesn't seem to be that stable right now, economically and socially.

I would certainly pick europe over if i had the chance. And considering your location and assuming your command on english, it would be your best choice though.

Edit: Regarding your update, kinda the same thing actually. Although maybe... Brazil is another option too. Colorful place, i can see how teaching english would serve there. Australia too, lots of acquitances came there to just work as waiters and save money. Also, new zealand. Although maybe your certificate won't be that much of use in a mainly english speaking country, but i'm clueless of that.

Last edited:
I'm extremely proud of my country. Denmark's US ambassador recently said that Denmark is terrible at PR; we have an amazing system, but we're too humble to promote it.

So here I am, on behalf of my country, standing tall and fleshing it out.

My country is fucking awesome. Everyone should be jealous that they're not living here. Everyone should more here. Why? Let me recite a few things that we have going for us:

- Free health care. Subsidies for medicine. Free psychological help for young people under the age of 25. Free health care coverage all over the world when you travel. No doctors fees.

And guess what: that system is much cheaper and better than the privately-funded system in the US.

- Great unemployment benefits. 2 years paid unemployment at 82% of your previous salary before getting fired. Every college student benefit from that system as well for 2 years, getting more than $4000 dollars every month. Not a loan, a benefit. Free gym membership for unemployed people. Free counseling for how to apply for jobs and how to change life-styles, and free help on quitting cigarettes.[/B]

- Every part of education is free of charge. From kindergarten to Ph.D. You receive ~$1200 every month as a student after you turn 18, no matter if you have a job or not. Workers are encouraged to take an education later in their lives by offering them 50% of their salary on top of the normal benefit, with a guarantee that you will get your job back when you return. Roughly 35% of all high school students achieve a masters degree, and that number is rising every year. Housing guarantee for students of higher education in big cities.[/B]

- Extensive pension benefits. A substantial public pension is paid to every person over the age of 67. Saving for retirement is encouraged, and raises your benefits from the government accordingly. Cheap housing options to elderly with little means are offered.[/B]

- Great infrastructure. Taxes are automatically deducted from your account. Checking and altering your own taxes are done online and is very simple. One of the lowest corruption levels in the world. Low wages for politicians. Many political parties that represent every part of the political structure. More than 85% of all Danes vote for elections and are very proud of our democracy.

- Stronger out of the financial crisis. When the 2008 financial crisis hit the western world, Denmark spent money that it had saved during the 90's and 00's, and used it to employ manual laborers by renovating roads, making more advanced internet connections, fixing old houses and beautifying the cultural scene in the country. People were encouraged to take an education, so they would have a better chance of getting a sustainable job.

- Political agreement on big decisions. Whenever a budget passes, or a big agreement goes through, usually the two isles of the parliament both sign off on it. That way the business community is more stabile, and less worried about changing governments. Politicians get along between party lines. Strict regulations on how much money can be spent during a campaign, completely transparent who donates to political parties, and how much they donate. Super PAC's are illegal.

I could go on forever.

Here's the kicker: our over-all taxation is not any higher than the average European country. Germany spends as much money on their public sector as we do, and they do not enjoy half of the benefits that we do.

My country is fucking boss. If education wasn't free, I would never be able to study at the University of Copenhagen. It is one of the best universities in Europe, and it is incredibly great. Our text books are all in English, and most of them are from Harvard or Oxford curricula.

Last edited:
I recommend the USA for the best of the best.

Making it in the United States of America takes talent, cunning, ingenuity, good fortune, and perseverance. Nobody makes it to the top (excluding inheritance and nepotism) in America without being lucky and highly skilled. We're brutal as fuck here.

We've got homeless people dying in the winter streets!

We've got private prisons!

We've got school shootings!

We've got the most expensive healthcare system as a percentage of our GDP!

In America nobody will take care of you just because you're a citizen, just because you're a human being, just because you're sick. In America the fight never stops. If you come here don't expect a comfortable life of ease. If you do you'll be eaten alive.

Come to America, try to be successful.
Come to America if you've got some balls.

I fucking dare you.

Hahhahaahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahaahhahaahahahahhahahahahhaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

No not all unless you mesh well with how the culture is and are happy with the systems otherwise better have plenty of money or some way of making it quick. For the average person just trying to make it through life you will end up getting run through and shat out by corporate America like some shitty big mac or worse taco hell. This country sells a Lot of illusions and outright lies so people spend their entire lives on the hamster wheel thinking they will make it through life, have the overpriced house payed off, and be able to retire decently only to realize that the last generation that is able to do this was the boomers while everyone Gen X and younger is cluster fucked. This country along with the rest of the west is in decline in many areas of life especially in matters of culture and cost of living with wages that stagnated decades ago. There really is no where for people to run to that is the promised land so to speak but for some people other places are going to be better with some disadvantages in taken into account. The people in this country for those wanting deep connections and rich culture are going to be left very disappointed.

Making it in the United States of America takes talent, cunning, ingenuity, good fortune, and perseverance. Nobody makes it to the top (excluding inheritance and nepotism) in America without being lucky and highly skilled. We're brutal as fuck here.

In America nobody will take care of you just because you're a citizen, just because you're a human being, just because you're sick. In America the fight never stops. If you come here don't expect a comfortable life of ease. If you do you'll be eaten alive.

I fucking dare you.

Accurate

I wouldn’t recommend the UK at all unless you can afford to live somewhere nice down south. I’d avoid all major cities especially Liverpool and Manchester. Simply because It’s shit and not a very nice place, with miserable weather. Also, up north it isn’t very multicultural and people are very narrow minded. Almost like you are expected to be like everyone else or you get singled out as “not of type”.

This comes from someone who is burnt out with the UK, so take what I say with a pinch of salt :tongueclosed:

Yeah I guess
Anywhere in Europe is better than everywhere else, except London.

Fuck London.
Yeah, I guess it’s more a matter of not being able to compare it with living anywhere else. I’d probably be desperate to come back if I moved to most other places. It is very good if you want to come and get an education or build a career etc. I can think of better places I’d rather raise a family though.

Norway is great if you're not into food or alcohol.

Beer from the store costs about 7 dollars per liter (0.26 us gallons) and 20 dollars/L if you're buying it out. A pack of cigarettes 15 dollars. Coke 6 dollars/L. Red bull 10 dollars/L A small cheeseburger menu at McDonald's 9,5 dollars.

If you can't afford it, but still want to study in Norway - try to get into prison here!

I fucking dare you.

:eek:

Ok so @neko, as we agreed, we'll be living in Europe... :D

I definitely recommend France. The best food in the world, the most varied landscapes of any country, the best wine, the best museums, the best language, the best style.

Just don't visit during a dodgy time because in case of war we tend to, ummmmm, surrender :m187:

I definitely recommend France. The best food in the world, the most varied landscapes of any country, the best wine, the best museums, the best language, the best style.

Just don't visit during a dodgy time because in case of war we tend to, ummmmm, surrender :m187:
Awww! I can’t wait to live there.

My friend when I told her my boyfriend is French: “awwww, I feel so bad for French people because of their accents.” :tearsofjoy: