Do you like your voice? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you like your voice?

I really don't like the sound of my own voice. Inside my head, I sound so mellow. In reality, it's kind of high-pitched, but... not really. I don't know. It just sounds so strange and foreign.

I kinda like the sound of my voice now than before as I hear it not necessarily as everyone hears it. :)

I don't really know. xD

I have been told I have a posh voice compared to everyone else around me, but xD
In my head, my voice sounds really northern and broad, but apparently it's not XD

Its my best quality.

in general yes; it's fairly nice and low. i could enunciate more though.

Yup, I like my voice. It's not high or low and it lacks an accent (but sometimes picks up accents when around certain people). I "think" I speak quite clearly. The most important reason I like it is b/c it's mine. Plus I can be incredibly loud when needed (thank you theatre).:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Its my best quality.

Not really.

Kiu is right, I've always liked you for your diabeetus than your skill in an acappella group.

I have a soft and dry voice, almost monotone at times. It's fine for everyday conversation and bothers e very little, but it causes me problems when I preach. I have to put more thought into my inflection then I'd like.

Kiu is right, I've always liked you for your diabeetus than your skill in an acappella group.

I have a soft and dry voice, almost monotone at times. It's fine for everyday conversation and bothers e very little, but it causes me problems when I preach. I have to put more thought into my inflection then I'd like.

I didnt realize [MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION] was replying to me, not that she would have any idea. I obviously have a secret admirer.

I didnt realize @kiu was replying to me, not that she would have any idea. I obviously have a secret admirer.

I wasn't replying to you but I'll play along with the secret admirer bit. BTW, who are you? ;)

I've been told there's a nice cadence to my voice but I can't hear it.

I'm indifferent towards my voice. I've been told that I could become a great radio DJ though. Or that I'd be decent at impersonating James Earl Jones.

Edit: People describe my voice as orotund.

I've been told there's a nice cadence to my voice but I can't hear it.

do you bob your head slightly or tap your foot when you talk? everybody has a natural tempo for their speech, yours might be more naturally pronounced?

I hate my voice. I always sound stuffed up and annoying.

Depends, if I let it get high (for example if I'm getting worked up about something.) I hate it. but down low and calm it's very nice.

I don't like my voice either but it's probably because I was teased by my older brother when I was younger. It was quite horrible. In any case I'm sure I will learn to love it.

I'd prefer it if I had a higher voice...and if I could sing. I don't like my recorded voice definitely. I have a weird amalgam of accents/enunciations too, which I sometimes find rather cool and other times rather annoying...

Reactions: David54
I don't think about my voice any more. I spent 2 years working in a call center where my voice was played back to (and used against) me almost daily. The only thing I can say is that I definitely don't have the typical Brooklyn accent people expect to hear when I tell them where I'm from.

Then again, I spent 3 weeks in Ireland and by week #2 the locals were asking what part of Dublin I was from...

Reactions: jyrffw54