Do you judge people by their handshakes? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do you judge people by their handshakes?

INFJ CROTCH-GRAB ATTACK!

INFJ CROTCH-GRAB ATTACK!

Crotch-cup* it was! Let's not get hasty.

and alt, your morals are darling. Now let's bump chests and get inside each other's heads. ...I've got a feeling I won't be shaking hands with a straight face for the next while.

I was talking to a distant relative of mine and she runs a coffee shop. She says that she judges someone she is hiring by her handshake.

It's silly. :m192:

I was talking to a distant relative of mine and she runs a coffee shop. She says that she judges someone she is hiring by her handshake.

It's silly. :m192:

It reminds me of an episode of King of the Hill, where Hank got to shake hands with George Bush and he was completely underwhelmed! Hank was shattered, he lost all respect for his idol. :D

Crotch-cup* it was! Let's not get hasty.

and alt, your morals are darling. Now let's bump chests and get inside each other's heads. ...I've got a feeling I won't be shaking hands with a straight face for the next while.
Right-on sister friend!

No, yes, I don't know:) I judge them more by face (smile, no smile...) and eyes (where they look...).

::wanders out of thread utterly confused, drinks more coffee::

I hate shaking hands ever since my editor shook mine. Cold, clammy, and stiff as a board. It was like shaking hands with a fish. She didn't make eye contact but stared at the wall behind your head. I had the urge to wash after. Also her way of speaking English was strong Dutch accent trying desperately to be English and failing. She smelled of beef tea and cats. Ew.

I think if crotch grabbing came into fashion wearing gloves might also. It would be interesting and think of what a firm, soft, or in between would mean. I think I would give firm crotch grabs.

I hate shaking hands ever since my editor shook mine. Cold, clammy, and stiff as a board. It was like shaking hands with a fish. She didn't make eye contact but stared at the wall behind your head. I had the urge to wash after. Also her way of speaking English was strong Dutch accent trying desperately to be English and failing. She smelled of beef tea and cats. Ew.

I think if crotch grabbing came into fashion wearing gloves might also. It would be interesting and think of what a firm, soft, or in between would mean. I think I would give firm crotch grabs.

I think my crotch grabs would start out soft and build in intensity. Do you just grab the crotch for a quick shake or do you grab on and shake for a measure? I'm totally stealing that beef tea and cats line, btw. I just am.

I think I'd have fairly gentle, but firm, crotch cups. Like an encouraging pat on the back.

I'd do it wrong, I know it. They'd be too aggressive and result in zero friendships formed (or business deals closed.) :m031:

I think my crotch grab would be firm and friendly. I think making friends and getting jobs could be easier if we gave crotch grabs. I miss Dutch greetings. 3 pecks on the cheeks and hallo!

Vind ik ook! The Dutch definitely had a warmer way of greeting.

I've always found this a pretty bizarre way to judge someone and find it funny that people seem to accept it and promote it. It's bordering on superstitious nonsense.

"Ohh he has a firm handshake this must mean all sorts of ridiculous things"

Does anyone do this?

And what sort of mbti types tend to make judgements like this?

I learned about handshakes through my father. He taught me shake no more than three times firmly (shake, shake, shake) and look the person straight in the eye. It is pretty silly to judge someone based on their handshake, but I believe that business people do it all the time.

I totally understand dog body language better than human, for a dog to look someone directly in the eye is a threat or a challenge.