Do you fear death? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you fear death?

Yes, I do fear death but I also fear living. I'm afraid that if dying will be painful and long. What if there's nothing ''on the other side''? Just emptiness and endless darkness? Nothing exists anymore.
Some would argue that nothing existing is the only way you can achieve absolute peace.

Oh, death; where is thy sting?

Real love? That's a fairy tale. Which is why I'm immortal.

fall-in-love.gif

Reactions: hn87c901
Some would argue that nothing existing is the only way you can achieve absolute peace.

Interesting point of view! Yeah, because then there's nothing, you can't feel or think anything... It's just nothingness.

I fear living alone.

Aw.. Me too. I hope you don't need to live alone.

Living alone would feel really scary if there wouldn't be literally anyone in my life, zero. Just me and no one else who cares or wants to have me part of their lives.

No one to call, cry, laugh with...

Hopefully that day will never come but even if it would, I know I would somehow adapt to it and be ok.

Reactions: Jet
That's interesting about the Buddhist concepts of the 4 sufferings. The analogy between birth and death grabs me. I know some hospice nurses think of themselves as midwives of death. The dying process did oddly remind me of birth when I worked in memory care unit that had a lot of hospice residents.
@PintoBean, it sounds like you have experience in health care? Yes I've heard that too, soul midwifes (can't remember what it's called), helping people in the passage to death. Nice to have someone there with you I should think.

Reactions: Siimplicity
Death's sting has been lost. It is gone. It is no longer final.

Reactions: Gust
Not to fear death would be extremely foolish as we all want to live and continue living. This is not a subject to be taken lightly.

The greater question is how do we prepare for death because it is inevitable. Buddhists (especially in the Tibetan tradition) have something to say about this. The best way to prepare for death is to live, that's the short answer. Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead for more insight.

Not to fear death would be extremely foolish as we all want to live and continue living. This is not a subject to be taken lightly.

The greater question is how do we prepare for death because it is inevitable. Buddhists (especially in the Tibetan tradition) have something to say about this. The best way to prepare for death is to live, that's the short answer. Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead for more insight.

As a non practicing Buddhist I don't know that I necessarily agree that not fearing death is foolish, but I do agree with the question of preparing for death is possibly the greater question. One of my favorite Buddhist concepts is, "There is no path to happiness, happiness is the path." This is how I live my life and why I do not fear death, because I am not hoping to reach any type of final destination ... rather my destination is where I am at any given moment.

Reactions: hn87c901