Do you fear death? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Do you fear death?

Every single day yes. I think I'm having a frigging heart attack and it freaks me out. I'm not afraid of death itself, just fear the loss that my loved ones will bare if I'm gone because I have so much more work to do. Guess I need to stick around a bit longer.

Reactions: dang
I do, and one major reason for such, is that I believe I have the potential to make a significant positive change to the world. I do not believe I am necessarily a happier person than most, and so my own life may or may not be given higher weight than that of others (although, given the peculiar nature of my experiences, something along those lines may be the case) but what I do believe, is that I have the potential to do something great, and thus feel that my death would be a waste. Yet also, it is as though I fear living too, and through such a state, prevent my self from properly realising what it is that I can achieve. A sad state of affairs. It may even be that only through the acceptance of the possibility of early death could I go on to achieve what it is I am capable of - that such removal of fear would free me to do what I had never thought I was capable of.

No. It's not that I do not want to live - I most certainly do and living is an interesting, fulfilling, colourful and exciting activity which I very much enjoy. Albeit it can get very challenging at times and I did see the existences and situations that, in my eyes, are far worse than death.

However, I fear that the journey towards the inevitable might involve a lengthy agony. Thanks but no thanks. Where can I make the request for my soul to be discharged in a quick and swift manner when it comes time? Please. Pretty please.