Do you fear death? | INFJ Forum

Do you fear death?

I'm a little bit fearful of the idea of being aware of the physical decomposition process, but I guess that's just an inevitable and natural part of dying. I once talked to a mortician who said that people have brief moments when they "wake up", but they're not really aware, like a patient under an anaesthetic who is flushed with midazolam.

Aside from that no I don't fear it. I make the most of life but I don't want to live forever, life is painful. When I die I'll mostly be relieved that I don't have to work anymore, I don't have to miss loved ones anymore, and I don't have to feel pain anymore. I don't believe in an afterlife as any kind of unified consciousness, so it's not really a worry for me.

I used to when I was younger. When you suddenly realize your own mortality. But being faced with some real near-death experiences, I've lost the fear of dying part and now just fear for those I'm responsible for if I go too soon. When my nephew graduates college, then I'll be free to die. Till then, death can kiss my ass.

Do I fear death? I fear loved ones dying as it's an experience in Hell. But for my own mortality? At times I do as i fear that I may miss out on something. But being dead I imagine would release all the stress of life - the BS work and bills and heartache and worry about stupid things, the inevitable degeneration of one's body and perhaps mind. I know others' would go through grief when I pass on which I hate for them to endure. But being non existent or resting doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Free and Sandie33
No. As proof I post on an infj forum.

I fear the Pain of dying....yes....that I do.
I'm 60 years old now and have watched many loved ones move through the dying process. ...and I've seen a lot of pain.

As for death itself.... there is no such thing as the essence of the person dying. I know it for a fact because a man I loved died on a Monday morning in 2014 and then fully manifested the next day in a room in my home. He came to tell me that he was all right on the "other side" and to thank me for all that I had done for him all those months of being with him and listening to him while he slowly died.
He demonstrated for me there is "life" after "death".
He has since acted as a mentor for me communicating telepathically with me when I ask for assistance.

So do I fear losing the body and transitioning to the next vibrational dimension? No. I know "I" will continue on pretty much as me.....just without the pain.
Will I miss my body and this beautiful blue orb we spin upon? Oh yes....very much....and I have cried buckets and buckets of tears knowing I will leave this place one day.

Why do you ask?

Spock: Fear of death is illogical.

Bones: Fear of death is what keeps us alive.

Last edited:
If you fear death then why? If you don't then why?

Yes I fear death. This is why I practice. Not to overcome it but simply to accept It. That I will die.

What do I fear specifically? I fear not remembering who my wife is. Not remembering love and her not remembering me. What a cold world that would be. It is like starting over not knowing what I have learnt and yet so much left to master.

Some days the end cannot come too soon....Other days I appreciate every single delay. In the present moment I will stay.

That is the way.

I'm not afraid of the process of death.

I fear the pain of dying. I do not fear being dead.

I see it somewhat like the pain of ending a relationship. Ending it with all of the emotion and pain is awful. After the pain of emotion has dissipated, the lack of relationship is not awful and it can be a new beginning.

If you are an INTJ, you have the right to brag that Death fears you ... :m095:

Ingmar_Bergman-The_Seventh_Seal-01.jpg

INTPs are more like this:

latest

INTPs are more like this:

I wonder what I meant by that statement. In retrospect, it is clear that Ne can be really annoying when it is not focused on discussing something relevant.

Well, in this clip they were poisoned by canned food. But it could have turned out differently if they were eating vegan stuff.

I guess so. I don't want to die. However, upon completing my 'opus' (so to speak) my fear of flying dissolved because I felt like my life had the meaning I desired it to have, so I wasn't afraid of dying anymore.
Right now I really love my life again, so I want to stick around to enjoy it and have more fun and accomplish more.
I'm also in my 40's, and 40-somethings go through all this weird crisis stuff about life and death. (We really do!)

Ok so honestly I do not fear death. However I had always envisioned going quickly. Getting hit by a car or something. Lights on lights off.
But envision this, a long suffering (perhaps painful, perhaps not) death. Where every second of every day you feel deaths hands around your being.
If you can imagine that you can imagine what my life was like for 3 years. About 6 months into I became scared because no doctor could give me any idea what was wrong. A year an a half into it I accepted that death was enevitable.
I expected to die and did not. Some days im pissed off about it.

Reactions: Siimplicity and Asa
A long, protracted/undignified death, yes. A short, painless death, no. As I watch my parents go through various mortifications of the flesh associated with the body outliving the mind or the mind outliving the body, I really do fear old age more than death per se.

no....and yes
The path wends amid synchronicities through actions, experiences, hopes, dreams and tragedies; a challenging equation that begs for balance. The natural inevitable, death, suffices in rest. The living Gift must seek repast in struggle, yet in this breath and flesh, such worth, such beauty. The wheel turns as it must. Fear is completely aside from this, yet threads through each. Gather then these threads to find and follow where they catch, and find graceful repose instead.