Do You Dream In Color | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do You Dream In Color

I go both ways, when I was younger I'd have dreams of being chased by mummies, and yes bears, but now a days I still have fantastic dreams but they do for the most part follow a set continuity.

I dream in colour, although I usually dont remember them :/ Its annoying especially when all I know is that what I dreamt of was interesting. Sometimes, when I wake up, I have this song playing in my head and I have no idea why

I never remember my dreams. I can honestly say I remember 3 dreams in my whole life, and do not remember if I dreamt them in color or not.

I dream in color, and often times the color is more vivid than what I see in the real world. I don't think I've ever had a black and white dream.

Last night I had a lucid dream that I was able to maintain for a good amount of time.

Also, I have had dreams that have seemed so real that I had trouble telling them apart from memories.

However, my dreams are usually so far removed from reality that I am unable to describe them in earthly terms.

Also, I have had dreams that have seemed so real that I had trouble telling them apart from memories.

However, my dreams are usually so far removed from reality that I am unable to describe them in earthly terms.

I am very familiar with this, and this has happened to me these past couple of days. Where long since childhood memories have been the centre of dreams. Although it is interesting how certain aspects I have nowadays took the form in the dream as well. e.g. 2 people from school were in my dream and how I now know as opposed to in my childhood that my grandma were against my dad sort of also became obvous in the dream.
Oh it is so hard for me to separate dreams from reality.

I am wondering if I should bring this up in therapy because obviously it means something as I have not thought about them since forever. Perhaps repressed ones are coming to the surface.

Last edited:
I dream in color. I also dream very vividly and hear things, music and such, in dreams. My dreams often times have a really good story structure, which I find interesting. Quite a few short stories of mine have begun as dreams. Also, right after I wake up, for a period of a minute or two, I can't tell dreams from reality. It's quite weird an experience.

Last edited:
I've never had an even remotely realistic dream. =(
As for black and white dreaming, mine are all in color but sometimes I get in low lighting settings where everything 'appears' black and white.

I dream in color. I've never had a black and white dream.

there are very different types of dreams for everyone.

symbolic (heart, soul, organic stuff, womb-time), realistic (as in schoollessons), archetypal (angels, devils, vikings) ...

even those who remember one or two dreams every morning are statistically unlikely to remember dreams from the first dream cycle. on the other hand these can me the most intense dreams, so someone who hardly ever remembers dreams, may possibly only remember some of those.

i don't say "one dream type per sleep cycle" its not that fixed, also there is typical symbolism that is associated with the transition of states (from dream to dreamless deepsleep and revers), like a roller-coaster for instance.

science claims, that long term memory is inactive during sleeps, so if that is true, it is only possible to remember dreams that are followed by "beeing almost awake" which happens episodically between every cycle. but those episodes are longer in later cycles (in the early morning). also dreamless sleep episodes become less frequent in the morning. so, if we sleep 10 or 14 hours we may sort of remember like 4 hours of constant dreaming (or are unaware of interruptions).

but apparently what science says about long term memory is only true for statistically typical sleep pattern, ie for typical people.

i have only heard one guy talking about black n white dreams. he was fairly scitzotypical, also intp or intj.

Last edited: