Do You Dream In Color | INFJ Forum

Do You Dream In Color

VChosenOne

Community Member
Feb 25, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I remember someone asking me many years ago if I dream in color. Funny that I can't remember if it was a man or a woman,not important,but I looked at them kinda weird. I remember them saying they have never had a dream with color. They always had B&W dreams.

I have never had a B&W dream.

How do you dream? Do you think that the meaning of the dream is still a the same whether it was color or B&W?

I think I remember reading somewhere that men tend to dream in black and white, and women tend to dream in color... I'll research and see if I can find that article again.

I always dream in color, and usually remember my dreams vividly. I also hear music in my dreams.

I hear music as well. Is that a strange thing to do? I am just wondering why you mentioned that!?

No one dreams in black in white.

Because it's music I don't remember hearing in my waking life it's as if my brain is composing it and I have no musical talent whatsoever. Other people I talk to in person say they don't hear or remember the music in their dreams. That's why!

SH how do you know that no one dreams in B&W

That is interesting MerryTrees.

i dream in color, sometimes i remember music, or taste, or smell, or feelings that come along with the dream..but i think i've only drempt in black and white once or twice...

Actually I remember having a thread about this on other forums, and most answers fell under two categories, I dream in color, or I don't remember my dreams/Don't dream. However I don't think there was anyone who voted I dream in black and white. Doesn't mean there couldn't be anyone who does, I just have never heard of anyone doing so, or anything about black and white dreams outside of media eg. Telivision, Comics etc, etc.

I usually ask people when we talk about dreams. They always say color.

Except for that person asking me,I think they were the only ones that had B&W dreams

I actually did dream in black and white for a period a while back. My dreams are always very detailed and symbolic, especially the settings, and for a while they were very bleak, quiet, and lonely; shades of gray, and I never heard anyone speak (even though I understood what they said) and never saw their faces. It always felt like I was in solitude, even if there were others in the dream.
Somehow, though, I always knew who I was talking to and where I was, even if they didn't look anything like the actual thing.

Now, I dream in color, and sometimes even hear things. It's nice :)

My dreams are practially real, sometimes it is hard for me to separate dreams from reality, like dream experiences from those of waking life.

This is so interesting. I remember the dreams, but if they were generally in color or b&w is hard to say. I remember some in color and some in b&w, although with some I had neither if that makes sense.

My dreams are practially real, sometimes it is hard for me to separate dreams from reality, like dream experiences from those of waking life.

This is so interesting. I remember the dreams, but if they were generally in color or b&w is hard to say. I remember some in color and some in b&w, although with some I had neither if that makes sense.

Haha, pretty much me as well! My dreams are very vivid, and in color. I frequently confuse them with real life, which I think I can attribute to my once-a-day minimum deja vu. I will be talking to a friend about something that happened, and they will look at me confused and then I will realise "oh wait... I think I dreamed that, oops!".

Haha, pretty much me as well! My dreams are very vivid, and in color. I frequently confuse them with real life, which I think I can attribute to my once-a-day minimum deja vu. I will be talking to a friend about something that happened, and they will look at me confused and then I will realise "oh wait... I think I dreamed that, oops!".

HAHA YEA that is exactly what happens to me as well. It's so funny though ^^

Some dreams occur in just one color scheme.. Last night, all shades of red, being pursued by a demon. I read that dreams of demons signify evil intentions of a flatterer in your life.. I can see where it's relevent in my life right now. Scary.

I've dreamed in black and white, a mix of B&W with color, switch back and forth, and color.

I dream in color. Maybe I've had black and white dreams as well but none that I remember right now.

That astounds me. My dreams are so far from reality that they could never happen, and parts of me wonder what it would be like to have a realistic dream

That astounds me. My dreams are so far from reality that they could never happen, and parts of me wonder what it would be like to have a realistic dream

Now don't take it too literally ^^ I have very bizzare dreams as well. Although there are certain type of dreams, where I may have interacted with someone I know or been at known places. So then it becomes fuzzy to me whether they happened or not as they could have been 'real' in reality too xD

Last edited:

See that is interesting. My dreams arent all that far removed from reality. They are usually here, with a twist or something. It's like realisticly unrealistic.