Votes: 83 51.6%
  • No I do not believe in ghosts

Votes: 78 48.4%

• Total voters
Yes, cuz I am a ghost!

Tan tan Taaan!

PS: You have been M.Night Shayamalaned

Reactions: jyrffw54
Then I would ask why. What is the criteria for a ghost to be created. It can't be a violent death or places like Omaha beach would be swimming with them. It also can't be unfinished business because nearly everyone has some unfinished business.

That is a good point indeed.. By the way I love your Baldur's Gate inspired avatar!.. So, to the point. Maybe it doesn't depend on a violent death. Maybe there are different forces at play in different world(s) that we may not understand or even guess about. .. If you know Planescape: Torment, the city of Sigil has many doors to different planes that are triggered sometimes by a gesture, a song, a spell or complete randomness. Maybe there are places not unlike those where the seal between different worlds is not as strong and some things manage to slip through, perhaps, without an intention. But that's just my speculation :)

I dont believe in sentient "spirits". I do believe in the possibility of bleed through from other dimensions \ times. I also believe its possible that certain events may get "recorded" in ...areas.

Science is starting to show data that strongly suggests we are part of a simulated universe. Kind of like a huge computer program. If so, its not hard to extrapolate sectors of "run over" data that were never fully "erased" or where if a trillion simulated universes are being processed at the same time, "fight" for processor time happens and as a result data becomes merged at some level for a finite amount of time.

That is a good point indeed.. By the way I love your Baldur's Gate inspired avatar!.. So, to the point. Maybe it doesn't depend on a violent death. Maybe there are different forces at play in different world(s) that we may not understand or even guess about. .. If you know Planescape: Torment, the city of Sigil has many doors to different planes that are triggered sometimes by a gesture, a song, a spell or complete randomness. Maybe there are places not unlike those where the seal between different worlds is not as strong and some things manage to slip through, perhaps, without an intention. But that's just my speculation :)

It's possible, perhaps numerous disappearances are down to someone skipping through an archway and ending up in Baator. It could even explain alien abductions. Still, I think we would have seen some real evidence of these gateways or of the creatures that come from them. I hope it's true. It would mean my dream of becoming an arch mage is possible.

I just finished Planescape: Torment. It's such an incredible experience, one of the most thought provoking and compelling games I've ever played. I'm still dwelling on many of the questions it posed.

Reactions: AhSver
Well, the gateways open from the other side, so we might not know what triggers them and how they do open :) That would be sad as that would just show that our universe is a dead end :D

No, but if I meet one, I will.

I dont believe in sentient "spirits". I do believe in the possibility of bleed through from other dimensions \ times. I also believe its possible that certain events may get "recorded" in ...areas.

Science is starting to show data that strongly suggests we are part of a simulated universe. Kind of like a huge computer program. If so, its not hard to extrapolate sectors of "run over" data that were never fully "erased" or where if a trillion simulated universes are being processed at the same time, "fight" for processor time happens and as a result data becomes merged at some level for a finite amount of time.

I tend to agree with this very much

I don't believe in ghosts because all the people who see in ghosts are people who WANT to believe in ghosts. We've never actually found a ghost. I know this sounds pretty close-minded, but that's what I believe.

Last summer my brother in-law hid a small mp3 player on the balcony of a vacation house he was sharing with my extended family, late at night while they were fairly buzzed he turned it on if one of them were alone on the balcony, and it faintly called out incoherent phrases. They all thought it was a ghost.

Last edited:
I think I'm agnostic about it, I like to read ghost stories though.

ghosts are just laser pointers used by aliens trolling us from another dimension

Don't chase the laser, Carl. It's what the aliens want.

image.jpg

I would very much like to see a ghost. Never have though and I suspect I never will.

I believe in something.

Sure.

I believe in ghosts as a concept, just like god. (It's my cop out answer to dodge the question.)

I still don't believe