Do INFJs have exceptional memories? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs have exceptional memories?

She was so introverted and buried in herself that she needed to store memories as references and creative fodder.

I think if you aren't very social then you won't have much to remember, and in that way it makes remembering a few things a lot easier.

Reactions: Ren and Free
I have a great memory but my boyfriend who is also an INFJ.... not really haha. He keeps being surprised when I remember something that he had already forgotten.

My memory is not so great. As the years have gone on, I have become increasingly absent-minded. It has become problematic since I sometimes forget to do important things.

I also feel much more apathetic now. Not sure if it is related, but it feels like it is.

Can relate to most of what's being said here. Especially "Let's face it: If you had a friend who could quote you from a conversation held three years ago to illustrate how you've evolved, it could seem eerie." because that does freak people out since I just assume they'll remember it as vividly as I do. Notable exception being other INFJs.
But yes, what was it I needed to buy at this store? Or what's the name of that movie and who starred in it - a total bust in both cases.

Reactions: James, Free and Ren
Can relate to most of what's being said here. Especially "Let's face it: If you had a friend who could quote you from a conversation held three years ago to illustrate how you've evolved, it could seem eerie." because that does freak people out since I just assume they'll remember it as vividly as I do. Notable exception being other INFJs.
But yes, what was it I needed to buy at this store? Or what's the name of that movie and who starred in it - a total bust in both cases.

Haha, I can relate to that :smile:

"No, that didn't happen on 17 November but on 13 October 2014", my Si-dom friend corrected me last week.

Oh well - only three days and one month far from the truth. And he doesn't know that I remember the most unlikely things about him ;)

what was it I needed to buy at this store?
*writes a list to thwart goldfish memory syndrome*

*copies list to phone since lists are always forgotten*

*enters store*

"What'd I come here for again?"

*searches for phone*

*insert picture of phone randomly placed on bookshelf where it won't be found for another two hours*

*buys everything not on the list*

Just another Monday. :laughing:

*writes a list to thwart goldfish memory syndrome*

*copies list to phone since lists are always forgotten*

*enters store*

"What'd I come here for again?"

*searches for phone*

*insert picture of phone randomly placed on bookshelf where it won't be found for another two hours*

*buys everything not on the list*

Just another Monday. :laughing:

déjà vu incoming after reading this..

Reactions: flower and Wyote
I have barely any autobiographical memory, and I honestly don't care. We can only live in the moment, and the past matters not. It also makes that chameleon effect even greater, when I really don't have much more than logical thought and neutrality without my Fe getting some use. I think being an empath can be inducive to deficient autobiographical memory, as my feelings aren't tied to my personal experience unless I'm totally alone. However, I do have a 100th percentile working memory, and my semantic long-term memory isn't total trash either.

My iconic and echoic memories are very good. I can remember most of the information in a book in detail. I can remember what some random person said a few decades ago even though it's trivial but I always having a hard time remembering people's names so I give them a nickname.

Reactions: Hba5h65
I think I've a great memory. I've always thought before that I've a bad memory, because there are many blank spots in my memory about the past. However, it's probably due to having a very traumatic childhood.

I can remember conversations from years ago verbatim ( word for word ). I can remember what was said, what people meant by what they said, and their intent for saying what they said too. I've noticed that my memory is mostly great with words, intentions, concepts, and people. Dr. Dario Nardi's EEG work on MBTI types shows high auditory activity for INFJs and auditory recall. Time tough, nope, I always lose track of time. For a while, when I was going through a lot, I was always late. Overall that's unusual though. I completely remember what I read, but that's words too.