Difficult for you, simple for me (and vice versa) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Difficult for you, simple for me (and vice versa)

I think that others in general have a much easier time than me in the areas of mathematics, language acquisition, associative thinking (making associations about something), and, most of all, musical ability. All of these require the left brain (roughly, I know its not THAT simple), and I think that my left brain is somewhat weaker than average while my right brain is significantly stronger than average (so things like intuitive thinking and spatial reasoning come very naturally to me). I feel like I am operating with a special needs brain half the time and an overly powerful one the other half. As a result, I feel smarter than everyone else and I feel more stupid than everyone else.

omg are you my twin?!!

I find it easy to easy to understand others,

while I find it difficult to relate to many if not most.

(relating as in sharing similar beliefs and values to a less concentrated degree than my own) *hope that makes sense*

Easy:

writing
biology
chemistry
intuiting
feeling
sensing
logic
mercy
locating water with a stick
connecting with my spirituality
keeping busy
thinking
reclusing
being quiet
being happy with my own company
responsibilities

Difficult:

math
languages
selfishness
justice
trying to be bored
apathy
crowds
loud people
yacky people
facing responsibilities
having a 'relateable' sense of humor
paperwork
answering the phone

Easy

Anything math related(For the most part.)
Computer Science Data Structures and other CSCI things.
Will to exercise/hike/bike, etc.
Memorization of terms(So long as it isn't dates, I'm terrible with dates,too many similar numbers)
Most sciences.
Martial Arts
Joking
Heat

Difficult

Remembering to talk louder than I normally do so people can hear me.
Making small talk.
Dealing with obstinate, rude, authorative people.
Going without sleep.
Getting a serious relationship
Asking for help
Hurting someone/something.
Cold

I feel like I am operating with a special needs brain half the time and an overly powerful one the other half. As a result, I feel smarter than everyone else and I feel more stupid than everyone else.

I'm with Ria, this sounds so much like me. I've felt this way prolly most of my adult life. You have a deep understanding of things others just can't comprehend, but yet you feel waaaaaaaaaaay behind the world in other things (especially those things which society values such as basic social skills or what most consider common sense).

Just to add:
- Like many of you, I'm pretty good at spelling (I'd still love to compete in a spelling bee . . . for fun of course)

Last edited:
Easier for me, difficult for others:
- good grammar, good language
- logic, math
- drawing people/objects in the right proportions etc
- dance moves, keeping in rhythm, singing in tune etc
- doing well in exams
- empathizing, understanding/accepting another's point of view

Difficult for me, easier for others:
- keeping things tidy
- the social graces
- practical problems (like cooking)
- short-term memory
- getting jokes or finding them funny/laughable
- taking criticism, accepting disappointments (I often get teary and shocked when faced with criticism even if I know it's constructive and there's nothing to be ashamed of... it's just so horrible to have done something wrong!)
- finding my way in strange places

And no, I'm not a genius in the things that I think are easier for me than for other people in general... nor am I a retard in the things that are more difficult for me and easier for others.

Last edited: