Difficult for you, simple for me (and vice versa) | INFJ Forum

Difficult for you, simple for me (and vice versa)

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, my question is what comes easily to you, but usually difficult for everyone else, and vice versa - what is difficult for you, but fairly easy or simple for everyone else?

Last edited:
for me, i feel hard to express my true love. Yes, this is the most hardest thing to express.

Heh. I just sat down and thought about that. I don't think I have anything that comes easily to me that doesn't come easily to others as well. It's depressing to think I'm not at all unique.

What about you, Restraint? What comes easily to you but difficult to others?

Hmmm. I think the only thing that comes difficult to me and easy to others is to lower my head and ask someone to forgive me. On the other hand, forgiving somebody else is something I easily do, but it seems that people generally have a big problem with it.

Looking at someone without thinking 'they're hot' or 'eeew'. Essentially, looking at a person for who they are and not what their body dictates to your sex drive. That's easy for me. First nature. You probably haven't thought that way since you were two.

I have a series of things, but the first one that comes to mind is this:

Organic Chemistry

I find it to be very simple, and facenating. Most others find it confusing and hellish.

I have a series of things, but the first one that comes to mind is this:

Organic Chemistry

I find it to be very simple, and facenating. Most others find it confusing and hellish.

I have two housemates who would have beat you to a bloody pulp. They're both A + students (have to be, pre-med and all) but each had to retake that class, with very minimal results.

Heh. I just sat down and thought about that. I don't think I have anything that comes easily to me that doesn't come easily to others as well. It's depressing to think I'm not at all unique.

What about you, Restraint? What comes easily to you but difficult to others?

Don't know really. Have to think about it.

Who are we comparing ourselves to? The rest of the world or the rest of the INFJ community?

Well compared to the rest of the world I would say:
Difficult for me, easy for most: ....socializing.
Easy for me, difficult for most: reading people and their intentions.

I have two housemates who would have beat you to a bloody pulp. They're both A + students (have to be, pre-med and all) but each had to retake that class, with very minimal results.

hehe, I know a lot of people that want to beat me senseless over my ochem prowess.

I feel the same way with calculus geniuses though...

Difficult:

* Caring about things I should be, like money and the future

* Multi-tasking

* Standing up for myself

* Being the center of attention

* Conflict

Easy:

* Writing (when I care to focus)

* Being empathic and understanding what a person is about

* Problem solving with less than all the information (Ni)

* Making friends (when I care to)

* Being funny (again when I feel like it)

altruism has always been easy for me.

its always been difficult to accept criticism, or complements

Difficult:

Social - Mating Cues.
Money Control

Easy:

Objective viewing
Ignoring emotions in favour of truth

I really like this topic Restraint! :)

This is a very limited list. I'm apt to think the things I'm unaware of, particularly those that are easy for me, are the ones I take for granted that other people struggle with. And the difficult things that I haven't admitted are probably the ones I take for granted and assume most people struggle with, without awarding myself the realization that other people might have it easier in those ways. But ok random things off the top of my head:

Easy for me

• learning foreign languages
  • correct spelling
  • being quiet
  • being neat and clean
  • expressing myself through writing
  • feeling purity and joy if left to my own devices in life or around happy/positive people
  • making my way around foreign places, figuring out where I'm going
  • sometimes not submitting to others if I want differently for myself
Difficult for me

• socializing
  • being seen
  • verbal/in-person communication (up to a point)
  • opening up about myself, letting people in
  • feeling at ease around others - most especially anyone I have newly met or don't know extremely well
  • opening up in the form of communicating authentically in person
  • bringing my internal self to the front of my being as I am interacting in-person (not hiding)
  • having the ideas to express through writing
  • not internalizing the world around me
  • sense of humour
  • feeling happy (contradicts the one above I know)

Last edited:
Easy for me? Negative Capability, as defined by Keats.

Difficult for me? Following.

I don't know about the everyone else bit though. I'm not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

I just thought of something.

I find exercising to be rather easy for me. I've got a pretty hardy constitution and I don't have difficulty sticking to my commitment (for most part, anyway). I think the latter is something that a lot of people seem to have trouble with.

And to borrow a few from soulful:

correct spelling
expressing myself through writing

I find those things come fairly easily to me as well.

Easy: empathizing. Difficult: hate.
Easy: calculus. Difficult: algebra.
Easy: tests. Difficult: homework.

I'm sure there's plenty of things I could add.

I think that others in general have a much easier time than me in the areas of mathematics, language acquisition, associative thinking (making associations about something), and, most of all, musical ability. All of these require the left brain (roughly, I know its not THAT simple), and I think that my left brain is somewhat weaker than average while my right brain is significantly stronger than average (so things like intuitive thinking and spatial reasoning come very naturally to me). I feel like I am operating with a special needs brain half the time and an overly powerful one the other half. As a result, I feel smarter than everyone else and I feel more stupid than everyone else.