Death Penalty For Marijuana In Malaysia | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Death Penalty For Marijuana In Malaysia

Indeed. What most people here seem to be advocating is for them to get the US Government to change the laws of a nation in a different continent, to further reflect their own moral views.

Indeed. What most people here seem to be advocating is for them to get the US Government to change the laws of a nation in a different continent, to further reflect their own moral views.

The crime of violating a nation's s[FONT=&quot]overeignty is seems so so abstract and thus irrelevant to Sensors... most politicians are Sensors. [/FONT]

The crime of violating a nation's s[FONT=&quot]overeignty is seems so so abstract and thus irrelevant to Sensors... most politicians are Sensors. [/FONT]

i agree but there is a point where national sovereignty must come secondary to human rights. killing an individual for importing drugs is simply excessive, especially when you consider that citizens get less for murder.

sad. i've often thought these drug laws are too harsh.
They are too harsh for our societies in which we live. Such laws in our society would be far too severe and shocking.

But such harsh laws may be essential to stability in muslim countries. Take Iraq for instance; a harsh dictatorial government managed to provide better living conditions for the average citizen, than a democratic-minded western model has been able to achieve.

Of course, I am focusing on the bigger picture of the stability of a state, and the opportunity which exists therein for an average law-abiding citizen to live in relative peace and quiet - not on the rights of particular individuals who violate laws which may be arbitrary or unreasonable.

In any case, the severity of a law should be considered in regard to the degree of disruption a particular crime has on a state. I suspect that drug abuse could easily cripple Malaysia's society, perhaps because of cultural or racial disposition to such abuse. If so, it becomes imperative that drug dealing in all its forms, even of "soft drugs," be utterly suppressed.

Last edited:
i agree but there is a point where national sovereignty must come secondary to human rights. killing an individual for importing drugs is simply excessive, especially when you consider that citizens get less for murder.
This is true. We ought to all change the USA's legal system. Guantanamo, Patriot Act, Sodomy Laws, et cetera.

There was this jewish fella, 20 centuries ago, said something about logs in other peoples eyes.

Amazing.
There are people here that are of the opinion:
"Just because it's the law..."

What is it about the word law you don't understand?
Law means you will obey it. Or else.
In this case, if you don't, goodbye.

That's an effective way of keeping a country a country, as opposed to - say - a chaotic seething mass of degeneracy like most western countries have become.

Instead of whining and interesting yourselves in something far, far beyond your horizon, you might try asking yourselves why it is that you imagine you are right and they are wrong. And who are you anyway?

To all of us, here, death penalties for such things are very extreme.
But we are here, and that was there, and if you have ever been anywhere else, you may have noticed that not everyone on earth is exactly like you.

That is exactly why leftist notions of "hey man, just love everyone and smoke dope" is one day going to result in our deaths. As one clairvoyant poster observed: pot really is dangerous. It can kill you!

Appreciate being able to smoke dope without being executed, while you can. The freedom to do so will not last indefinitely.
Fer realz?

***so no one misunderstands what I've been saying***

I'm not advocating going in and changing another nations' laws. I'm simply saying that it's horrible that a man is being put to death for running a small amount of pot.

What I'm debating against is the mentality that because it's a law, there is no pity for this man.

It's hard for me to sit here and say legalize pot in Malaysia when my own country would treat the same man as a criminal, but death for 622 grams is extreme no matter where you live. That's what angers me. If the man was imprisoned for a few years. Yeah, it'd suck, but it might more fairly reflect the crime.

I'm not saying to change the law, to pressure anyone to change the law, or anything of that sort. I'm just saying I don't agree with the mentality that he deserves what he gets.

And, the only way pot will kill you, is if someone kills you because you have it.

The problem with Sharia law is that it is "the word of God." If you go against a law, you are going against the word of god and you are immediately a heretic. Even if it can be logically proven false according to Islam, it would by REALLY hard for anyone to even get enough ears to listen to it.

In the context of this law, rationality really doesn't belong in God's word because he works in "mysterious ways" that we cannot comprehend. We are simply unbelievers that are ignorant to God's way (Sari at Allah = God's way/law). This is one way I could see any sort of outside resistance to the law as being interpreted.

YAY!

Reactions: bamf
Fer realz?

Any time I hear "leftist" or "right-wing" in an argument it loses all credibility for me.

Last edited:
So yeah, this guy should have known the law in his country, and yes he acted stupidly knowing the law, but I fail to see how that makes this any less of a tragedy. I get the feeling that people think that because a law is known, anyone who breaks the law gets what's coming to them.

Regardless of the stupidity of the guy, it's a ridiculous law, and has ridiculous consequences. I still feel horrible for him, even if he brought this upon himself, because it's a horribly unfair law.

In other news, I find it funny that people say pot doesn't kill; it most obviously does. This guy is proof.

^^This. and the highlighted part is tragically hilarious... *shakes head and feels bad for laughing at the terrible joke*

I just felt the need to reiterate what MF said about feeling horrible for this guy. Yes, he knew the law and he broke it, but his LIFE is over now! That in and of itself is a tragedy to me.

As a human being and an extremely empathetic one at that, I feel for him and his family...and believe this situation to be a horrible one, regardless of the fact that he broke the law.

So, yes.. in my opinion it is a tragedy.

Reactions: NeverAmI
Instead of whining and interesting yourselves in something far, far beyond your horizon, you might try asking yourselves why it is that you imagine you are right and they are wrong. And who are you anyway?

As for this, Hi... I'm Dneecey. I often have opinions about the things posted on this forum, and therefore share them... Nice to meet you. I don't really consider it whining, and the fact that I'm paying attention to this thread is broadening my horizon about a government I knew next to nothing about before. I'm the kind of person who likes to do that.

And the whole me vs. them thing, I can see two sides to a story, but that wont change the fact that this young mans life is ending and how I feel bad about it.

As for who I am, I'm a member of this forum, who loves the fact that I can share my opinion here, and read others.. that's one of the purposes here right? Or did I miss something...

Reactions: Celsius100
Words are just words.
It is how we arrange them that starts pushing people's buttons.
Indeed, everyone may have their say.
Including you, including me. That's the idea.
I observed the emotional response triggered by this event.

If somebody takes their life so much for granted that he steps out in front of a bus: he dies.
That is no more, no less tragic than this story.
Ah, you say, but it is different: here, fellow humans executed somebody whose only crime was to disobey a law that carried a death-penalty.
But it is no different: the bus driver also executes the person who disregards the mass and momentum of a moving bus, and carelessly steps in front of it.

Should we mobilize the army and hunt down and re-educate buses and their drivers?

Bad things happen. We, ourselves, are generally responsible for them.

Reactions: Sithious
I think the death penalty is not a suitable punsihment for posession of a relatively small amount of marijuana, a benign drug, but I agree with Skoffin.

He knew of the law beforehand. Unjust as it may be, it was his choice to go against an obviously absurd govt law.

Words are just words.

If somebody takes their life so much for granted that he steps out in front of a bus: he dies.
Ah, you say, but it is different: here, fellow humans executed somebody whose only crime was to disobey a law that carried a death-penalty.
But it is no different: the bus driver also executes the person who disregards the mass and momentum of a moving bus, and carelessly steps in front of it.

Should we mobilize the army and hunt down and re-educate buses and their drivers?

An accidental death is completely different than a state sponsored execution. Not to mention, this is starting to look like a straw man.

Also, what emotional response are you referring to?

Don't worry, he's Suparman

Words are just words.

Actually there is this whole weird level of conciousness, and feelings, and values, and opinions.

CRAZY I KNOW, right???

Apathy FTW!!!

Last edited:
Quote: "Also, what emotional response are you referring to?"

Yours.

Quote: "Also, what emotional response are you referring to?"

Yours.
Can you explain how my response was emotional, and not rational?
Yes, I think it's tragic, but how did I respond in simply an emotional way?
I provided you my reasoning for thinking in such a way, and you exaggerated my points. An emotional response to this would be, 'omg this is terrible. How can we let such horrible things happen in the world. We need to change this".

I have a different opinion than you, but that hardly makes it simply an emotional response.