Dating in 2020

Am I a crotchety old man?

• Yes Grandpa.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Nah, I feel your pain bud

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Uhm. For real?

Like you have to present proof of legal spousing when booking a room together.

I didn't know that was a thing, I'm an ignorant American
(I did/do, I just wasn't thinking about it in the moment)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well, you're an N type, so I'm pretty sure you could enjoy getting to know with/talking with an interesting person, under the right circumstances.

On the other hand, I guess Te-Se combo is too action oriented and impatient, especially in your phase of development when you're still primarily focused on education/building career.

I think you should think deeply about what kind of woman you want; not only now, but also in the long run when you accomplish your goals.

I noticed from a few other ENTJs (and also some INTJs) that they care too much about women's physical appearance - at the expense of personality. That's a big mistake. No wonder you'd be bored.

Now of course you need to be attracted to her, but maybe it's better to go with 7/10 with whom you connect better mentally than with a boring 10/10.

I noticed from a few other ENTJs (and also some INTJs) that they care too much about women's physical appearance - at the expense of personality. That's a big mistake. No wonder you'd be bored.
You know, I don't think I'm shallow in that respect but maybe I am.

Now of course you need to be attracted to her, but maybe it's better to go with 7/10 with whom you connect better mentally than with a boring 10/10.
So what you're saying is, @mintoots is not the one? :grimacing:

giphy.gif

I haven't dated in some time either. My experiences have nearly always depended on happenstance. The romantic notion of elements randomly bumping into each other among the chaos and getting along for a while. It didn't take a lot of work to live that way and it's easier when one is younger. Plus, for someone afraid to be anything but alone (ahem), it can be destabilizing.

So I voted grandpa because that's what I tell myself when I think it over. I'd say I've spent my thirties designing a life of solitude. Feels a bit tremulous at times but yeah it's a heck of a lot easier.

Yup some hotels in the Philippines still don't allow "instant spousing" in hotel rooms

I didn't know this.. how come you know this mintoots? :p

I didn't know this.. how come you know this mintoots? :p
LOL! I travel a lot domestically and choose these hotels! I have an irrational fear of hearing people having sex on the next door. I experienced it once in a dingy hotel while I was handling a seminar. It ruined me for life. I literally looked for my car keys and drove back home no matter how far.