Date!

Wyst

Are you there?
Jun 30, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So I've got a date tonight. Actually, it's only coffee. But it's my first date in about a year and a half. I'm really proud of myself that I asked this girl out - it was a huge step and I'm excited about it. But I'm also worried that she's just giving me a sympathy date because she couldn't tell me 'No, thanks.' My worst nightmare is that I'm walking into a date only to get the "You're a nice guy but..." kinda convo.

One thing I have no regrets about - this girl is incredible in every way I can think of - if I asked anyone out, I'm glad I asked her.
Ok, now that that's out of my system, I can focus on looking forward to my date!

Reactions: invisible and Gaze
Good luck, sir! :]

[MENTION=1403]Wyst[/MENTION] !!!! Nice to see you. You'll do fine.

Long time no see! :D

Good luck on your date. Just focus on having fun for both of you -- and you'll do well! :D

Be happy :)
[video=youtube;yv-Fk1PwVeU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU[/video]

Reactions: Gaze
[MENTION=3096]Stormy1[/MENTION] ok, you obviously know me but I don't know your new name - what's your old username?

Thanks [MENTION=2172]Trifoilum[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3240]Jill Hives[/MENTION]!

Reactions: Nixie and This
So I've got a date tonight. Actually, it's only coffee. But it's my first date in about a year and a half. I'm really proud of myself that I asked this girl out - it was a huge step and I'm excited about it. But I'm also worried that she's just giving me a sympathy date because she couldn't tell me 'No, thanks.' My worst nightmare is that I'm walking into a date only to get the "You're a nice guy but..." kinda convo.

One thing I have no regrets about - this girl is incredible in every way I can think of - if I asked anyone out, I'm glad I asked her.
Ok, now that that's out of my system, I can focus on looking forward to my date!

you asked her out, she said yes, obviously.
it's your chance to be yourself and let your qualities shine - try not to sabotage yourself with insecure thoughts about how she feels. you can't know how she feels, and she did accept your offer of the date, no?
as for it not going any further...don't think that far ahead. you are excited that you asked her out, and she said yes, and you have no regrets about asking her because she is so terrific, then enjoy that.
don't look for anything to come out of it except a nice evening. not every date is going to morph into a relationship. if not her, then someone else.

my first date with my partner was a coffee shop date and within five minutes i was hoping he was going to ask me out again. we are together 8 yrs later...so ya never know!

Hey Wyst!

It's good to see you!

I'm proud of you for asking her out! I cannot see any reason why she wouldn't like you and have a wonderful time.
Just try to be curious about her and you'll be fine.

Good luck! :D

Good advice everyone!

I keep telling myself, "Hey dummy, give her the same change you're hoping she gives you and let her make up her own mind. Don't decide for her!"

How sweet. Good luck! :)
It will be wonderful. You asked her out, enjoy it! :)

Last edited:
Good luck and have a great time! :D

Awesome, man!

In contrast to my extremely introverted true self, in graduate school, so many years ago, I realized I was lonely and wanted to meet my destined one. I took on an extroverted persona (extremely uncomfortable) and started to date woman after woman, totally outside of my comfort zone. One weekend, I had three dates with three different women. Once I met my great love, the woman I married, that was it. I've been romantically and happily monogamous ever since. So, I wish you the best of luck. If things don't work out, try, try again. The law of large numbers works for all things...eventually, but, sometimes sooner.

just be yourself. . that is enough. .
hope it ges well. . .

Well don't worry about it going bad unless it actually goes bad. If you do, then you're inflicting upon your mind that which has not even come to pass yet and probably wont come to pass.

The date was a smashing success. we both enjoyed one another's company, find each other interesting, and have a lot in common.

But she feels like she's supposed to work in the middle east. I'm open to that but am in grad school for at least three more years. In her own words, I am "really amazing and an interesting, sweet guy" and though she's "kinda kicking" herself about it, she thinks we shouldn't go out again.

Snap!

The date was a smashing success. we both enjoyed one another's company, find each other interesting, and have a lot in common.

But she feels like she's supposed to work in the middle east. I'm open to that but am in grad school for at least three more years. In her own words, I am "really amazing and an interesting, sweet guy" and though she's "kinda kicking" herself about it, she thinks we shouldn't go out again.

Snap!

Yay! I'm glad it was a smashing success!

As for her goals holding her back from being with you: I've been there - done that - and changed my mind eventually.

Ask her out anyway! Again and again.

:tongue:

Reactions: invisible