Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 120 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Here we go just what the totalitarians have wanted.

Man, this is...bad. No wonder Trump is trying to bury the numbers and upping the racist rhetoric against China (don’t get me started on **#%^*#* China).

71% ICU occupancy in CA is...:fearscream:

Southern states (and Idaho) are under testing and it’s hot down there.

I am finding the titling of the graphic to be highly ironic.

https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/

View attachment 71206

I'm a little confused as to how they differentiate the different labels. There are quite a few states with decreasing averages; do these states just have to get low enough before they are counted as "trending better"?

For example, Idaho is listed as "uncontrolled spread", but the daily average has been continually improving here (their data also shows a decreasing rate of COVID and improved 14-day rate). My interpretation of this data is that if daily averages in all of these states keep decreasing, we'd see what this site considers "green" states?

Reactions: Skarekrow and slant
The media makes it seem like Americans are obsessed with assigning blame. Here the sentiment seems to be more along the lines of acknowledging anxieties, and giving people options for keeping themselves and their loved ones safe.

Everything is politicized in America (in the sense that it's tied to a party's agenda rather than being non-partisan reform/action), and many people take offense to anything that doesn't line up directly with their beliefs. Anything the government says, anything the media says, anything anyone says is considered to be part of some left or right-wing conspiracy. THERE ARE NO FACTS HERE

I'm a little confused as to how they differentiate the different labels. There are quite a few states with decreasing averages; do these states just have to get low enough before they are counted as "trending better"?

For example, Idaho is listed as "uncontrolled spread", but the daily average has been continually improving here (their data also shows a decreasing rate of COVID and improved 14-day rate). My interpretation of this data is that if daily averages in all of these states keep decreasing, we'd see what this site considers "green" states?

https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/definitions-and-criteria

“How is the aggregate score determined?
For each state, we use a bruised red, red, yellow, green scale to chart the progress towards achieving the gating criteria. This is calculated using a simple rule. The score is as good as the weakest measure. The measures included in the score are: NEW CASES PER MILLION PER DAY, % TEST POSITIVE, % OF TEST TARGET, ICU CAPACITY, and ILI.“

You can go to the definitions page and see the criteria for the individual indicators.

If you take NY as an example that followed expert opinion and managed to avoid the re-surge that you see in the South, they were successful for two reasons. One, they re-opened based on the passing of three different criteria. Not just one. Two, they waited until rates on all three criteria turned negative.

Edit: For Idaho, though the 14-day average is declining, the number of new cases per million residents is still higher than the threshold set to put it in the dark red. Also, Idaho seems to be under testing, though you can argue that with a “normal” hospitalization rate, that’s not as critical a factor.

Edit 2: Actually NY had seven criteria for re-opening.

Last edited:
I honestly did not want to believe this photo was real, and then I found 60 photos from an article by the Miami Times... I think I saw one person out of hundreds (in all this photos) wearing a mask. Wow.

Makes one wonder how things will be this fall and Florida isn't unique as other places are having similar problems as the age old normalcy bias continues to make it all worse. At least some places like New Zealand have done a good job while others not so much then there are disasters waiting to happen like Australia despite low case numbers.

Reactions: Skarekrow
In my opinion Trump is not only impeachable (again) over this, but he could be tried and convicted of manslaughter. Two hundred thousand+ cases of it.

Will he be? Probably not because that type of a trial scares the bejesus out of politicians who worry about what a conviction there could mean for their own agendas and behaviors.

Last edited:
Tbh, I am amazed anyone still cares about who will be the president of the United States of America.

Covid-19 restrictions made an entire year worth of harvest fail world wide.
The democrats thought it was smart to use color revolution tactics to win an election with the worst timing in history, spinning a social movement out of control to the point where it is very likely, there won't ever be elections for a President of the United States of America again...

You're all wasting energy sharing your opinions on who should be the president, because right now, we have already surpassed the levels of every financial crisis in the past and it is only barely starting at this point... World Wide, pretty much every country has MASSIVE unemployment rates at the moment across ALL sectors, hell even plumbers in Florida find themselves looking for work. PLUMBERS. If anyone has an abundance of work at all times it's those guys.

The USA has a VERY real risk of entering into a CIVIL WAR if they cannot direct the attention of the masses to a PATSY like Russia or China and so far, it doesn't look like it's actually working. Cities are a mess right now, Small and Medium sized businesses collapsing left right and center, and the only industries you can actually count on functioning are Agriculture and Defense. Because the already large global food shortage levels are bigger than ever and growing.

Think about it, who in their right minds would allow their resources to be exported en masse when their own food supplies are dwindling.

You should not be focusing on whichever IDIOT accepts the role of PATSY titled president next, because there is a significant chance that they have a very likely chance to go down into history as the screw up who brought an end to the United States. Instead, you should focus on securing your income, ditching that second car if you still can, down scaling your expenditure, increasing your food supplies and if possible, IF you aren't already, moving to a rural and out of the way area.

If you check on forums, such as those on Fiverr, you will notice that even the best-selling freelancers are seeing a sharp if not near complete decrease in gigs, whilst the amount of freelancers is GROWING. Those are people who lost their jobs and are trying to make ends meet by freelancing as they search for a job. Job agencies, also see an SHARP decrease in job openings, one of those I never stopped subscribing to went from thousands of job openings to hundreds over the past few months...

So ask yourself. Does whomever sit his ass down in the Oval Office really matter? Does toppling some statue make things better? Will choosing a Patsy ensure you still have your job if you haven't lost it already by the end the month? Because I guarantee you... we're all in a terrifying world of shit right now... and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
You're all wasting energy sharing your opinions on who should be the president, because right now, we have already surpassed the levels of every financial crisis in the past and it is only barely starting at this point... World Wide, pretty much every country has MASSIVE unemployment rates at the moment across ALL sectors, hell even plumbers in Florida find themselves looking for work. PLUMBERS. If anyone has an abundance of work at all times it's those guys.

I agree that immediate prognosis is not pretty but US and the world has been through much more adversity and have survived. In comparison the Spanish flu epidemic killed some 50M worldwide, then there were two world wars and the biggest financial depression ever. And still life went on, democracy has survived...

There is only one possible exit out of current mess - super inflation. It's the one option that governments use when all other means are exhausted. FED in it's recent meetings has already cleared the way for it officially and other central banks will soon follow. They are just hesitating due to the election season. So expect at least 10-20% inflation rate in 2021. If we're lucky it will stop at 50% devaluation eventually: means all prices will double, while the debt will be slashed in half. If not lucky, then it can spiral out of control into full blown hyper-inflation. That's the reason why it's a measure of last resort.

A smart move now would be to take on long term financial debt and buy some property or gold with it. There's a good chance that you will have to return only half of it.

I agree that immediate prognosis is not pretty but US and the world has been through much more adversity and have survived. In comparison the Spanish flu epidemic killed some 50M worldwide, then there were two world wars and the biggest financial depression ever. And still life went on, democracy has survived...

A smart move now would be to take on long term financial debt and buy some property or gold with it. There's a good chance that you will have to return only half of it.

Democracy does not equal the United States, the difference here is that the United States is tearing the very fabric of its own society apart in conjunction with a financial depression BIGGER than either of those prior to the world wars. There will be no wirtschaftswunder for the U.S. when it's foolishly breaking itself apart under the banner of social justice. Hence, why I think it is exceedingly unwise for people to waste their time and energy to debate the next US president online or slam the current or prior ones when they're facing a very big shit storm. Not to mention just how much of one's internet traffic truly goes into your own personalized file, data that can and will be used against you if it works in the favor of someone with access.

Political alignments and opinions are unwise to make publically known in any country as well as the internet these days. Cancel Culture should have shown anyone that much.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
The 'Smart Move' you just mentioned is way past the point that it is smart. If you buy up gold now, you're just burning money.
No. Those only 'now' realizing there is a shit storm coming are too late for that step.

IF you are only starting to "Prepare" at this point, you should start with going over your expenditures, especially your most common needs and start stocking the products you need with as long a shelf life as possible. If for example you use 1 pack of toilet paper a month, get at least 2 years worth if it's on discount. As you say, prices will increase, by buying your necessities now, you're saving yourself a lot of grief for the period that you can avoid buying them.

Naturally, You keep buying and stocking them until the prices rise.

If you have two cars, you TRY to get rid of one. Tough most likely, you're too late for that at this point.

If possible, grow some tomatoes at home as they're rich in nutrients and easy to grow in most circumstances, even in front of your window, or simply a sunny room. Something is always better than nothing.

If you are lucky enough to live in a rural area instead of town, then it will pay off to buy up more land around you. Homes? Aren't worth as much as the land they stand upon. With the land you own, apply for government funding to work it, and try to homestead as much as possible. Housing whilst always needed in cities and bigger towns, is an expenditure that someone without a job can ill afford. It is far more likely to see people move in with their parents and grandparents or the other way around based on the most advantageous location for them.

In addition, you're forgetting that Corona opened a lot of living space worldwide, as temporary expats and foreign students returned to their countries enmasse. These people are usually situated in the bigger student rich cities and capital of a country. That means that whilst buying a place in a top location for rental before, for bottom prices might be advantageous AFTER this blows over. It won't do a damn thing whilst it's ongoing. Not to mention, your renters are likely to become squatters as they lose their jobs and fail to pay the rent.

I could list tons of more things, but honestly, people are better off just checking out prepper websites such as Doomsdaypreppers as those tend to be in full gear right now and spreading their gospel to those starting to wise up and realizing the 'crazy' people actually weren't that crazy after all and were preparing for shit like this all along. Something any person who read through required sociology study literature content could probably point out was a long time coming and actually fairly predictable.

Work wise, if you're looking for something, I recommend finding a job with a local government institution.
If you have something already, consider carefully how business is going and consider whether it will keep going, if not try to get a job at a local government institution.

Failing that, your best bet is agriculture or working for your local town hall.
Failing even that, especially if you're a city dweller, signing up with the military or police will at least see you fed and watered. Tough your home in the worst case scenario will probably be broken into and looted if things get horrible and you're away. So it won't hurt to ditch stuff whilst you can.

(unless you're an American, and they actually do the worst thing in this situation and "Defund" the police, honestly most of their police issues are caused by dumping the work that is normally done by other institution on the police, whilst they're not trained for half the situations they then find themselves in. Which more often than not results in things like mentally ill people escalating to violent crime and being put in jail where they receive no help, when in most countries that delegate better, they are simply taken to a psychiatric institution to get the help they need before things can escalate to that point...)

Your best bet tough is still living out of the way in the countryside with good connections in your nearby small rural town, a bunch of land to work, bees to keep, chickens in the pen, and a digital workplace to attend.

In my case most of my returning clients, primarily from America at that, all had their businesses fail and it's exceedingly hard to get a contract with pretty much every digital professional losing their jobs trying to make ends meet with freelancing. (basically there's an influx of freelancers with the main source of income for a freelancer drying up as small and medium-sized businesses fail)

I don't have chickens, but I got the rest, (chickens and I don't get along together) and I now use most of my spare time either doing necessary repairs and maintenance to my home, or creating stock contents that might not sell until everything blows over, but at least I am productive and instead of binge-watching netflix or something like it and sticking my head in the sand, I use that time to hopefully build up a stock of digital things that will give me a boost when things get back to normal again in the future whilst building up my portfolio with more creative stuff that I otherwise never would have gotten to make. I don't think any stock I make will sell till things get better though.

The whole Corona thing itself hasn't found a single affected person yet in my Municipality so far, my country on the whole is doing rather well on that front and only the influx of tourists actually saw it rise at the coast, but since I am inland, and most people here take preventative measures seriously, including 2 weeks of self-isolation when coming from another country, with police making periodic checks to ensure you keep to it, it's pretty safe.

What I do notice is that like the rest of the world, freelancing which a lot of people do here has taken a hit, and most people are making a run for building a gardening supplies to sure up their homes and expand their vegetable gardens. They've been through a shit hits the fan before and are all closet preppers anyways.

The government where I am at is also spending A LOT in agriculture, where before it was tourism, as they realize that tourism is a fair weather only source of income and the country cannot run just on that. Luckily that was already decided upon earlier in the year before the whole corona thing, and is now seeing a massive acceleration to push through the bureaucratic obstacles.

The capital, which holds the largest population center of the country, is seeing an uptake in its city dwellers moving into nearby towns and village as opposed to the city center. Primarily, believe it or not, by starters and young families.

To me the biggest issue with Corona is not the virus itself, or even the lives it take, in global numbers it doesn't really change THAT much to make a difference. Instead it's the financial fallout it has caused world wide and the reaction people had to it. For example the already long waiting lists for specific hospital treatments getting delayed and a lot of those people dying as a result. Why? Because the hospitals are in virus mode and who goes in or out is HEAVILY restricted in most countries.

Likewise, it's the failed harvests as seasonal workers couldn't come to harvest and thus a years worth of produce was lost, or the civil unrest in some places as people get cagey from countermeasures and taking to 'Protesting' against them, spreading the virus itself along with ruining the last few small business owners who managed to somehow hang on in those places after months of lockdown, only to have their stores burned down and inventory looted in some countries.

The virus itself had done less damage and ruined fewer people than the reactions people had to everything around it, and to me, that is the worst part of it. That a bit of fear and incompetent people in all the vital places brought us to this point in time, with nothing to show for it other than that we as a species suck horrendously when it matters.

Reactions: Kgal
In my opinion Trump is not only impeachable (again) over this, but he could be tried and convicted of manslaughter. Two hundred thousand+ cases of it.

Will he be? Probably not because that type of a trial scares the bejesus out of politicians who worry about what a conviction there could mean for their own agendas and behaviors.

Like him or not, I love his standing to enforce our current anti-dumping laws. All our port authorities, the ILA, and Customs are just as guilty as China.

Now HE and his wife have the virus.

What a twist: Now Kellyanne Conway, Ron Johnson, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Chris Christie, etc...have the 'Rona. It's almost as if the entire GOP is getting the virus! What a twist; 2020 just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
giphy.gif
Wow. And those are just the names we know, imagine how many people in the white house have been infected. Walking in there seems akin to walking into a hospital, all precautions being the same.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
This seems redundant for the thread. It is larger than politics. People all over the world are acting the way they do with no regard to what anyone says but their own brains.

Pelosi is like a cancer. This is much larger than her hateful, little brain. This is bigger than us all. Everyone is reacting, and a very few trying to act. How many reefer units full of death will it take for us to understand?

A good old history lesson, the rest of the channel is really good for those wanting to watching history documentaries.