Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 121 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Well it looks like in the US there is a recent surge in coronavirus cases. The scientists and doctors were right, it's going to get worse in the coming months.

It's interesting. When this is all over, in a few year's time, we'll be able to look back at the rise and fall of cases on a map played out over time. I think we may see a rippling pattern where the virus surges with the cold temps and people being locked indoors more with basic ventilation in the north to the humidity rising along with virus cases in the south.

As for California's numbers... well, there's no explaining CA on any front. They're just special ;)

Relative-Size-of-Particles-Infographic-full.jpg

It's interesting. When this is all over, in a few year's time, we'll be able to look back at the rise and fall of cases on a map played out over time. I think we may see a rippling pattern where the virus surges with the cold temps and people being locked indoors more with basic ventilation in the north to the humidity rising along with virus cases in the south.

As for California's numbers... well, there's no explaining CA on any front. They're just special ;)

Yes, I think we’ll find that initial cases were higher on the coasts because that’s where travelers from Europe and Asia were coming in from. It then crossed the country along the I-95 corridor, which is an unproven theory of mine.

What I’m calling the second wave, or the resurgence of the first, was in the South from those states opening up too soon. Really a waste of everyone’s hard work because we’re talking like, two weeks. Had they just kept it shut for just two weeks to a month longer, the whole country would’ve done as well as Europe did during the summer and we could’ve saved 100k lives (over the summer).

This third, or the real second wave, is spreading north with the cooler weather now, from the south, where it was never under control. So, basically the middle of America is starting to experience a very serious second wave. I think the east coast would be having it worse, but they take it much more seriously and have decent controls and monitoring systems in place.

A positive factor is that newer strains seem to be weaker. Still, Chris Christie spent 7 days in ICU after helping Trump prep for his debate with Biden. So, it’s definitely not the flu.

Simply put: Winter’s coming. Everyone’s going to die in King’s Landing.

B-But I thought it was a hoax by Nanci Pelosi, China, and the Democrats. I thought it was going to magically disappear in April. I thought all you had to do was take hydroxychloroquine, inject some bleach into your arm, and shine some light on the inside of the body and you'll be fine. I thought we were the king of ventilators. Don't let coronavirus run your life.

Yeehaw 'Murica!
Correct!

Yes, I think we’ll find that initial cases were higher on the coasts because that’s where travelers from Europe and Asia were coming in from. It then crossed the country along the I-95 corridor, which is an unproven theory of mine.

What I’m calling the second wave, or the resurgence of the first, was in the South from those states opening up too soon. Really a waste of everyone’s hard work because we’re talking like, two weeks. Had they just kept it shut for just two weeks to a month longer, the whole country would’ve done as well as Europe did during the summer and we could’ve saved 100k lives (over the summer).

This third, or the real second wave, is spreading north with the cooler weather now, from the south, where it was never under control. So, basically the middle of America is starting to experience a very serious second wave. I think the east coast would be having it worse, but they take it much more seriously and have decent controls and monitoring systems in place.

A positive factor is that newer strains seem to be weaker. Still, Chris Christie spent 7 days in ICU after helping Trump prep for his debate with Biden. So, it’s definitely not the flu.

Simply put: Winter’s coming. Everyone’s going to die in King’s Landing.

This time next month is going to be rough for those very reasons and why I kept pointing out on a couple of platforms that normalcy bias is a very real problem which was a factor in the south. They're expecting upwards of 390,000 to have died by February including the existing 219,000 already dead. These pandemics take time sometimes years to subside on their own but as always people want to rush things getting more killed in the process. All in all globally it has killed over a million but I've lost track.

B-But I thought it was a hoax by Nanci Pelosi, China, and the Democrats. I thought it was going to magically disappear in April. I thought all you had to do was take hydroxychloroquine, inject some bleach into your arm, and shine some light on the inside of the body and you'll be fine. I thought we were the king of ventilators. Don't let coronavirus run your life.

Yeehaw 'Murica!

I think Trump believes these platitudes are a form of mercy for people who believe in him. It’s not exactly false hope that he provides, but it’s like a form of anxiety relief.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
This time next month is going to be rough for those very reasons and why I kept pointing out on a couple of platforms that normalcy bias is a very real problem which was a factor in the south. They're expecting upwards of 390,000 to have died by February including the existing 219,000 already dead. These pandemics take time sometimes years to subside on their own but as always people want to rush things getting more killed in the process. All in all globally it has killed over a million but I've lost track.

Plus you take into account deaths not directly related to coronavirus, but likely to have been triggered by coronavirus, and the numbers are higher. Plus, the ongoing health issues of survivors, which can be severe.

I've been going back and forth with thinking I'm being too cautious and should have sent my son to school instead of e-learning. Most people out here aren't very concerned about it. So I was getting sucked into that and wanting some normalcy back.
But where I am it looks like it will be getting worse during the colder months. Just have to keep doing what we (my family) are doing for an undetermined amount of time longer. Not really second guessing myself now that I see it going up again here.

I've been going back and forth with thinking I'm being too cautious and should have sent my son to school instead of e-learning. Most people out here aren't very concerned about it. So I was getting sucked into that and wanting some normalcy back.
But where I am it looks like it will be getting worse during the colder months. Just have to keep doing what we (my family) are doing for an undetermined amount of time longer. Not really second guessing myself now that I see it going up again here.
Good idea to keep him home. ;)

Numbers are growing here as well. I had to have prescreening bloodwork and a nose swab today for a surgery I'm having on Friday. When I went in March for a nose swab there was one other car and me.
Today there were 3 lanes a quarter mile long in the back of the mall with cars still coming! That was 9:30 this morning.
The gals doing the swab for me said it's packed and continual like that until 4:30 pm every day. It being one of 4 in the county and the others are the same she claimed.
The state troopers directing traffic put me in lane 3 because I had a 9:45 appointment. Lane 1 & 2 was drop by he said, no clue how long they waited, I was there an hour and a half.

My view of the fast track from the dash...
View attachment 73823

Good idea to keep him home. ;)

Numbers are growing here as well. I had to have prescreening bloodwork and a nose swab today for a surgery I'm having on Friday. When I went in March for a nose swab there was one other car and me.
Today there were 3 lanes a quarter mile long in the back of the mall with cars still coming! That was 9:30 this morning.
The gals doing the swab for me said it's packed and continual like that until 4:30 pm every day. It being one of 4 in the county and the others are the same she claimed.
The state troopers directing traffic put me in lane 3 because I had a 9:45 appointment. Lane 1 & 2 was drop by he said, no clue how long they waited, I was there an hour and a half.

My view of the fast track from the dash...
View attachment 73823
Oiy!

I've often wondered what happens when someone needs to take a pee. Do you break out of line and then start all over?

Good luck with your surgery :mask:

Oiy!

I've often wondered what happens when someone needs to take a pee. Do you break out of line and then start all over?

Good luck with your surgery :mask:
No pee zones...No way out of line, so depends it is ;)

Thank you, imma lil nervous now that it's getting closer, :wink:

We are fucked until trump is removed..thousands more will die..we are stuck watching the train wreck..still we are on our own
Agreed. There's no telling what will happen if he looses the election either. I expect the worst.

I also worry that there are too many people who think Biden will be able to magically fix everything, the virus included.

No, but he will be a better steward of the US while the rest of us work to fix it ;)
My cat would be a better steward of a bowl of Doritos than Trump is of the US.
Wait... <*crunch*> ... no he wouldn't.

But my cat would take better care of the US by just chasing down imaginary viral particles on the walls.

Last edited:
I'm sick and tired of people talking about it, as though others haven't already heard about it.

Everyone has already made up their minds about how they wish to adapt to it.

Reactions: Reason
UK is going back into lockdown from Thursday assuming the vote passes, which it will.

Schools will stay open though which, to me, is odd because there was only a spike once they reopened. The government advisors only advised another lockdown a few weeks after the schools reopened, yet, everyone else is punished.

I say evacuate all children, teenagers, and any parents who are particularly attached to their offspring out to the countryside...and then forget to bring them back when it's all good again.