Inviting open insecurities in deep relationships | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Inviting open insecurities in deep relationships

I’m not sure why INTJs would be most likely to sacrifice themselves for a stranger, since they can be pretty cold with people they don’t like or aren’t close to them.

It's rooted in their principals, not their feelings

I mentioned it at first as a (flawed) attempt to prove INFJs wanted the deepest connections.

I think an INFJs capacity to place meaning upon the act of connecting is unequaled.
We can feel connected and understand the value of building these bridges of connection more acutely than anyone else.

I’m not sure why INTJs would be most likely to sacrifice themselves for a stranger, since they can be pretty cold with people they don’t like or aren’t close to them.

I agree that INFJ sacrifice needs Fe first. We are highly conditional with our affections.

I agree it’s not healthy as a general relational approach, but it’s sometimes needed. I mentioned it at first as a (flawed) attempt to prove INFJs wanted the deepest connections. My Ti child was too simplistic and unexamined.
I'm glad you see that you're being overly simplistic here, because people really are far more complex than this.

Well which type is most likely to give their own life for another? That must say something.
For what it's worth, of all the people I've known, the person most likely to give their life for an other is an ISTJ. He's a firefighter, and a truly good man.

You might want to consider that it would be wrong to say that there is no depth there. It's just a different kind of depth.