Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 122 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

This thread did not age well

Looking at the 1 hour shouting... It's a miracle the entire white house staff wasn't infected.
I can attest first hand to the effectivity of masks and face shields now. I had a one hour meeting with a person who turned out covid positive but I tested negative. During the meeting I wore a mask, a face shield and kept my distance. He was also wearing a mask. Even if the room was air conditioned, I wasn't infected so I guess it works.

At this point all one can do is just try to wait it out and hope for the best as this crap is going to carry into next year just like everything else. Gooberment has really fumbled this one and we'll all paying the toll in some way or another.

A medical resident at the VA reported to a mutual friend that she had seen her first death, an older vet who died of Covid. She said that a couple of days before he said something like, I don't know why I am so sick, Trump was fine.

I just learned of a person visiting the area who has been meeting up with various people in their family over meals... only telling them AFTER that they were currently positive for COVID.
They are now planning on flying back to GA to avoid having to quarantine here.

Sick that there are jerks like this out there.

Last edited:
So finally, some good news on COVID. Pfizer announced results from their stage 3 trials and it’s really promising. 90% efficacy, which is way higher than anything I was reading about (saying 50-60% efficacy).

It won’t be released until next year, probably, so we’re still looking at a brutal winter. I don’t know how this mRNA technology works and if it helps in any way people already infected.

This is really good news.

I’m sure there’s going to be a ton of conspiracy theories on the timing of this announcement. I think it would have impacted the elections the same way that the Comey announcement did in 2016.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...d-biontech-announce-vaccine-candidate-against

Edited: Apparently Pfizer is not part of the government-sponsored vaccine development program, so their hands were not tied...to help or hurt Trump in his re-election bid. (Though, the government has contracted to purchase 100 million doses and an option for 500 million more, once it goes into manufacturing.)

Interesting...

Edited 2: Anyone who went in on herd immunity and unnecessarily exposed themselves...:grimacing: I’m sorry, I hope you don’t get hospitalized.

Last edited:
Another reason not to get COVID...though, I’m sure this has to be overestimated because of the crazy world we live in right now. I wouldn’t be surprise if 1/5 of the world’s population is clinically depressed.

More interesting is 65% of people diagnosed with COVID already had a mental illness...

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-mental-illness-int-idUSKBN27P35N

It is probably underestimated.
People with mental illness aren't going to have the mental faculties to be able to guard themselves properly.

It is probably underestimated.
People with mental illness aren't going to have the mental faculties to be able to guard themselves properly.

You’ve got a good point that this is incredibly detrimental to people either with, or vulnerable to, mental illness. They certainly do not make up 65% of the overall population, so yeah, this finding is really sad. (Though, if you look at just the people in the White House...)

I meant that the 20% of people who developed a mental illness within 90 days of recovering from COVID is an overestimation of COVID’s effect on mental health. You can’t really draw the conclusion that if you get COVID, you have a one in five chance of also developing depression when there’s a lockdown going on and depression is on the rise.

You can’t really draw the conclusion that if you get COVID, you have a one in five chance of also developing depression when there’s a lockdown going on and depression is on the rise.

It's not a direct correlation sure, but given the times, it's like the straw that broke the camels back, I assume.
Anyway, numbers are never super reliable.

A medical resident at the VA reported to a mutual friend that she had seen her first death, an older vet who died of Covid. She said that a couple of days before he said something like, I don't know why I am so sick, Trump was fine.
There must be something about the body that specifically attracts this virus. I spoke to someone who was positive with COVID earlier today (we spoke via zoom), it turned out he tested negative after a week of being isolated. Meanwhile some of the people in the quarantine facility stayed over a month because they still keep testing positive. I also know someone who is still in the isolation unit because she keeps testing positive. Both these people weren't completely symptomatic too--- i mean not high level critical so they're responses are very intriguing.

That first-second wave resulted in an additional 100k deaths. Mostly people living in the South and Midwest. I’ll just let people draw their own conclusions about what’s going on now.

Though, apparently letting people draw their own conclusion meant a record turnout for Trump in the South and Midwest. So, people may want to question their own ability to draw conclusions.

013166F3-F1DB-4499-99C1-59472D4A3027.jpeg

Last edited:
I can tell you that I will have nightmares about that period from March through to June going forward, but I'm relieved that the medical community has better approaches to helping those who are severely impacted and fewer folks are dying. (Still too many though.)

I wish Biden could have the power to step in and control the situation now, not two months from now. Watching these numbers, realizing each increment is yet another life impacted is hell.

I can tell you that I will have nightmares about that period from March through to June going forward, but I'm relieved that the medical community has better approaches to helping those who are severely impacted and fewer folks are dying. (Still too many though.)

I wish Biden could have the power to step in and control the situation now, not two months from now. Watching these numbers, realizing each increment is yet another life impacted is hell.

Totally. It really was a dark and uncertain time when so little was understood about the virus. As you say, the morbidity is down because the medical profession has done so much to learn to help treat it. But, I don’t see how you’re not going to have communities where hospitals are overrun and people left to die. Not everywhere, but places that are cold and rural, where flu outbreaks are typically the worst and access to care the lowest.

I’m glad Biden already worked so much to put together a plan. But, it’s pointless if people keep helping Trump block him. I’m sure more will be written about the response of Trump Americans to this crisis.