Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 119 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

I'd make a good President, if I could only find the right people to surround myself with. Sure wouldn't be someone torn or so grim.

I’m not engaging in trading insults. If you can’t respect, then keep your opinion to yourself.

The internet is all about opinions, and I REFUSE TO HAVE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO HERE with mine. I am not a statue.

Reactions: Peppermint

Lol ahhh no, I meant ill indulge myself in passions including:
-art, either appreciating or creating it
-quotes/poetry
-music
-playing my guitar
-knowledge, learning more about whats familiar and whats foreign
-Becoming fluent in other languages, besides English
-Traveling to places that make me wonder how its possible for a place to be so beautiful

Yeah Im not that dipshit in that video, I don't even drink lol

Ok. I read about 3-4 pages of this. So here’s the skinny, things are going to be scary for awhile. It’s all going to get a hell of a lot worse, and soon, and be that way for some time.

*credentials break* I am a PhD scientist on a Pandemic team. I am actually a neurobiochemist- but they needed me for the biochem, so I’m doing that. We are working A LOT and things are getting done. There has been a lot of confusion in media about what is what from the scientific community. The reason For this is because the media wants headlines and generally ignores how science works. When something new hits us- we send in all hands and everyone tries whatever we can think of to understand and fight the problem. When something is new a trunk of data comes out and some of it will be conflicting. THIS IS GOOD. Usually if two labs find very different things it means there is another explanation we haven’t detected yet that explains both. We need this conflict to push things forward. This virus is tricky AF. A common statement in meetings of the minds across the world is that we have never encountered a virus that behaves like this one exactly. So we are hot on the trail of figuring it out. After few months of all of us trying, a pretty solid picture is starting to emerge. That’s when break through a happen. They are coming- but you all have to stay careful and sane until we get it.

The masks help. They are not perfect and they do not stop everything. But in this game, even 50% is a game changer. This is the time when your duty as a citizen to help your own society survive is the attitude to have. It isn’t about your risk, it’s about the risk to the countries you live in and the damage to the social structure you know and love.

You don’t get lung and face infections from a mask unless you let it get nasty and full of bacteria. You change your underwear for the same reason. If the masks themselves caused infections- all our doctor’s and nurses would be dead long ago. That idea is absurd. The masks are not comfortable and no one likes them. Handle yourselves- Wash your mask or change them- they are really important.

The virus is serious. What is happening is serious. You can make a difference in how this all goes and turns out. I hope that when it all goes down and life resumes that you can look back at who you were when your country needed you and be proud.

This all sucks REALLY bad. I’m sick of it. I’m exhausted. I miss my family and friends. I miss not Going to a movie. I miss having an actual weekend or a day off. I miss not worrying about my mom. I miss hugging my father. I miss restaurants, buffets, and I miss going to a grocery store and not having to notice if I am standing next to a selfish idiot. I personally support people’s right to be so, but not right now. I miss going on a f%^*ing normal date. I want to know that life is better and thousands are not dying. I miss the way everything used to be. I promise you thousands of us are killing ourselves pushing to the brink to make this so. But please for the love of god, be smart, the consequences are real, and they are potentially extreme. Not just to you in the immediate- but to you in the long run and the country you end up trying to build a future in when this is over.

It will be over someday. But buckle in. As the picture becomes clearer-we still have a big hill to climb. I promise you, If you are a lucky one, you will live to regret stupid decisions when you were careless. We will get past this. I personally care what we all are left with on the other side. Wear a mask, wash your hands, stay out of crowds and closed rooms with people in them. It sucks- but it ain’t hard. Worse is coming but so is better. Be smart.

Ok. I read about 3-4 pages of this. So here’s the skinny, things are going to be scary for awhile. It’s all going to get a hell of a lot worse, and soon, and be that way for some time.

*credentials break* I am a PhD scientist on a Pandemic team. I am actually a neurobiochemist- but they needed me for the biochem, so I’m doing that. We are working A LOT and things are getting done. There has been a lot of confusion in media about what is what from the scientific community. The reason For this is because the media wants headlines and generally ignores how science works. When something new hits us- we send in all hands and everyone tries whatever we can think of to understand and fight the problem. When something is new a trunk of data comes out and some of it will be conflicting. THIS IS GOOD. Usually if two labs find very different things it means there is another explanation we haven’t detected yet that explains both. We need this conflict to push things forward. This virus is tricky AF. A common statement in meetings of the minds across the world is that we have never encountered a virus that behaves like this one exactly. So we are hot on the trail of figuring it out. After few months of all of us trying, a pretty solid picture is starting to emerge. That’s when break through a happen. They are coming- but you all have to stay careful and sane until we get it.

The masks help. They are not perfect and they do not stop everything. But in this game, even 50% is a game changer. This is the time when your duty as a citizen to help your own society survive is the attitude to have. It isn’t about your risk, it’s about the risk to the countries you live in and the damage to the social structure you know and love.

You don’t get lung and face infections from a mask unless you let it get nasty and full of bacteria. You change your underwear for the same reason. If the masks themselves caused infections- all our doctor’s and nurses would be dead long ago. That idea is absurd. The masks are not comfortable and no one likes them. Handle yourselves- Wash your mask or change them- they are really important.

The virus is serious. What is happening is serious. You can make a difference in how this all goes and turns out. I hope that when it all goes down and life resumes that you can look back at who you were when your country needed you and be proud.

This all sucks REALLY bad. I’m sick of it. I’m exhausted. I miss my family and friends. I miss not Going to a movie. I miss having an actual weekend or a day off. I miss not worrying about my mom. I miss hugging my father. I miss restaurants, buffets, and I miss going to a grocery store and not having to notice if I am standing next to a selfish idiot. I personally support people’s right to be so, but not right now. I miss going on a f%^*ing normal date. I want to know that life is better and thousands are not dying. I miss the way everything used to be. I promise you thousands of us are killing ourselves pushing to the brink to make this so. But please for the love of god, be smart, the consequences are real, and they are potentially extreme. Not just to you in the immediate- but to you in the long run and the country you end up trying to build a future in when this is over.

It will be over someday. But buckle in. As the picture becomes clearer-we still have a big hill to climb. I promise you, If you are a lucky one, you will live to regret stupid decisions when you were careless. We will get past this. I personally care what we all are left with on the other side. Wear a mask, wash your hands, stay out of crowds and closed rooms with people in them. It sucks- but it ain’t hard. Worse is coming but so is better. Be smart.

Legit

. We will get past this. I personally care what we all are left with on the other side. Wear a mask, wash your hands, stay out of crowds and closed rooms with people in them. It sucks- but it ain’t hard. Worse is coming but so is better. Be smart.
Thank you and bless you!

On behalf of myself and of all those I love and care for, we are grateful to you and your colleagues. :)

First wave: travellers and their contacts.
Second wave: almost untraceable community transmission.

We can try to slow it down, and personally try to avoid catching it, but until it's eradicated (if that's even possible?), we and people we care about are in danger of succumbing to it.

To me, there's almost a focused or concentrated unease about our own mortality and the mortality of everyone around us, tied up with contagious diseases.

I never understood why the Latin admonition, memento mori, was supposed to be unsettling. Being mindful of death is unsettling, when it's immanence is slightly elevated. It makes me ponder if I'm contented with my life so far, if it only goes so far.

As it stands, in this moment, we are fucked. Thoroughly and in absolute downward spiral here in the US. As it stands- in this moment, there is reason to feel a deep ease of foreboding and worsening despair.

Good god damn thing that also in this moment the world at large and in the US- has built the most powerful science community that has ever existed. I am biased- obviously- but it is also true. I am knee deep in it. I’m watching this unfold from a different perspective. We are gaining ground at lightening speed, from many many different angles. Science doesn’t often work well in Immediate rapid response mode. There is shuffling and a slow start as data emerges and things begin to become clear. A foundation of understanding had to be placed- we have gotten really far with it. As it stands in this moment - there are no treatments really and no vaccine. But it will not stay that way, we are going to solve this. We are not defenseless. We are not stuck in this moment.

Hang on for dear life, take care of each other. This can and will be solved. We are coming for you, I promise.

The media makes it seem like Americans are obsessed with assigning blame. Here the sentiment seems to be more along the lines of acknowledging anxieties, and giving people options for keeping themselves and their loved ones safe.

It might be just an insignificant nuance, but here I'm glad we're looking at dealing with a second wave, instead of looking at trying to tear each other a new one, just when we need to support each other.