Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 118 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

the virus is now out of control. .states are showing their highest case numbers since this started. . the administration is tired of it, but it is an ever increasing threat. . this is not the result of more testing, its the result of no leadership and foolish people that place going to church, bars, restaurants above common sense. the other thing I have heard is. . "well, the death rate is very low.." hmm 1588 people in Arizona would have an issue with that. . and to quote a doctor friend, "Plus, many people who survive this disease, even with minimal symptoms, emerge with lung damage, heart muscle damage etc. Weeks of hospitalization and months of rehabilitation and who knows how many will have shortened life span..."
for God's sake people wake up to the reality and truth. wear a damn mask and social distance yourself. . or stay the fuck home

Schools will be opening up here in August. My son is supposed to start kindergarten but the state is now requiring all kids K-12 to wear a mask all day on top of a whole bunch of other rules. I think I'm just going to keep him home or start him later if this ends sometime late this year or 2021. I don't think it's realistic to expect a 5 year old to follow all these guidelines and keep a mask on all day long. He had to wear a mask at his annual checkup and he tried so hard but it was really difficult for him. I don't want some teachers hands in his face fixing his mask all day long.

Maybe for older kids who are able to understand better what is happening, but not for little ones. I've heard from other parents who are also homeschooling as they are able to do so.

This Onion headline nails it:

City Enters Phase 4 of Pretending Coronavirus Over

Our state has been opening in phases however, just the past 2 weeks 5 restaurants by me closed due to staff testing positive. The US has done a real shit job of managing this. I know it can be difficult with 50 different states determining how to run things... But we should have had more Federal guidance and support leading the charge. After all, it is the governments job to protect the lives of it's citizens. Just because it's a pandemic and not a war doesn't mean they are off the hook.

Last edited:
the virus is now out of control. .states are showing their highest case numbers since this started. . the administration is tired of it, but it is an ever increasing threat. . this is not the result of more testing, its the result of no leadership and foolish people that place going to church, bars, restaurants above common sense. the other thing I have heard is. . "well, the death rate is very low.." hmm 1588 people in Arizona would have an issue with that. . and to quote a doctor friend, "Plus, many people who survive this disease, even with minimal symptoms, emerge with lung damage, heart muscle damage etc. Weeks of hospitalization and months of rehabilitation and who knows how many will have shortened life span..."
for God's sake people wake up to the reality and truth. wear a damn mask and social distance yourself. . or stay the fuck home

Seriously, like most of people I see outside are not wearing masks!

Also I'm so fucking over everything. I need a vacation but we at the college I work at have to make sure summer school is still taken care of. Also we found out we have to be furloughed for a day each week for a month. Which throws a wrench into that. I could have taken some time but one of my coworkers took two weeks right before the start of summer quarter (July 1st). I need a real break from all this. I'm so beyond done!

It’s like, everyone is living my nightmare now. My advice is to drink more soup. Should be obvious, but I like chicken.

How to survive? Vote for Hillary. And yeah, don’t sit there and fantasize about wishing a narcissist in power. This is what happens. People die.

Still looking at all this that some of it could have been prevented had it not been for human nature where business and social noise comes first regardless of the outcome ultimately making one hell of a mess. More than anything this is a social virus that it hits people who have to work and it nukes the most vulnerable like nursing homes while the rest of the population gets to go hurr hurr fake virus then carry on with their parties ect..

I'm out enjoying the summer while it lasts! Everyone knows shit is shutting down during the fall and winter until next spring. That's a long ass time to shelter in place so I'm going to enjoy myself while it's summer and we can go out. It's promising that the young folks who are going out are getting infected. I believe by next spring this will have aided in creating resistance to the strain.

Yay summer! Boo the terrible depression that is going to follow it

Schools will be opening up here in August. My son is supposed to start kindergarten but the state is now requiring all kids K-12 to wear a mask all day on top of a whole bunch of other rules. I think I'm just going to keep him home or start him later if this ends sometime late this year or 2021. I don't think it's realistic to expect a 5 year old to follow all these guidelines and keep a mask on all day long. He had to wear a mask at his annual checkup and he tried so hard but it was really difficult for him. I don't want some teachers hands in his face fixing his mask all day long.

Maybe for older kids who are able to understand better what is happening, but not for little ones. I've heard from other parents who are also homeschooling as they are able to do so.

This Onion headline nails it:

City Enters Phase 4 of Pretending Coronavirus Over

Our state has been opening in phases however, just the past 2 weeks 5 restaurants by me closed due to staff testing positive. The US has done a real shit job of managing this. I know it can be difficult with 50 different states determining how to run things... But we should have had more Federal guidance and support leading the charge. After all, it is the governments job to protect the lives of it's citizens. Just because it's a pandemic and not a war doesn't mean they are off the hook.
I certainly support your notion. this is serious and I know everyone is "tired of it". . but it is out of control, and there is no end in sight. . the US has not managed anything, the administration pretends it is going away. . listen to science and medicine

I certainly support your notion. this is serious and I know everyone is "tired of it". . but it is out of control, and there is no end in sight. . the US has not managed anything, the administration pretends it is going away. . listen to science and medicine

I'm definitely conflicted. School is very important and he needs to be there. He is looking forward to it, too. But I read through 38 pages of guidelines, protocols and rules in order to open schools and it doesn't seem realistic to expect a 5 year old to be able to abide by all that. Maybe older kids who can understand better what is happening and why these measures are important.

I'm concerned that it will just put undue stress on him and cause much distraction from actually learning. Imagine trying to keep a room full of kindergartners in masks and 6 ft apart and not playing together, etc. The kids can't even sit together for snacks or lunches. They can't do circle time or group work or activities together. They are all in a room together but kept apart. And by law, he isn't required to attend school until age 7 here so we are just going to teach him from home the best we can and when this is all over, he will go. This just sucks.

I'm definitely conflicted. School is very important and he needs to be there. He is looking forward to it, too. But I read through 38 pages of guidelines, protocols and rules in order to open schools and it doesn't seem realistic to expect a 5 year old to be able to abide by all that. Maybe older kids who can understand better what is happening and why these measures are important.

I'm concerned that it will just put undue stress on him and cause much distraction from actually learning. Imagine trying to keep a room full of kindergartners in masks and 6 ft apart and not playing together, etc. The kids can't even sit together for snacks or lunches. They can't do circle time or group work or activities together. They are all in a room together but kept apart. And by law, he isn't required to attend school until age 7 here so we are just going to teach him from home the best we can and when this is all over, he will go.
unfortunately, many guidelines are driven by political factors, not medicine. another year, and hopefully there will be a vaccine or at least treatments available to lessen the spread and allow him a more normal experience. .

It’s like, everyone is living my nightmare now. My advice is to drink more soup. Should be obvious, but I like chicken.

How to survive? Vote for Hillary. And yeah, don’t sit there and fantasize about wishing a narcissist in power. This is what happens. People die.

Hillary would be the last person to vote for.

20200713_165638.png
Or risk a $500 fine...Ahhh Pure Michigan lol
I mean $500? Really? A seatbelt is around here is roughly $60. I could see maybe around $100.

Last edited:
View attachment 70953
Or risk a $500 fine...Ahhh Pure Michigan lol
I mean $500? Really? A seatbelt is around here is roughly $60. I could see maybe around $100.

Someone has to scare those doubters and extroverts into wearing masks otherwise it all ends up being another Florida or Texas. Found out yesterday that power companies are stocking up on everything from food to beds in case things get that bad.

It's crazy the federal government refuses to fund plasma therapy.
Someone has to scare those doubters and extroverts into wearing masks otherwise it all ends up being another Florida or Texas. Found out yesterday that power companies are stocking up on everything from food to beds in case things get that bad.

I think this whole pandemic is just something bigger at play. I don't trust a government that has stricter penalties for someone who is manufacturing/selling drugs vs a murderer. Selling a product to a paying consumer who in the end is only harming themselves is different than taking a life without consent. Why? Because the amount of money that can be made through drugs sales is worth more than one person can make on average in a lifetime. It's not taxed and that means no income for the government. Same with prostitution, I highly doubt its about the morality of the situation.
Marijuana vs Alcohol in terms of both long and short term effect..Alcohol has no medicinal properties, it's poison yet can be snagged at every convenience store. I bet prohibition ended on the governement saying something like this...

Government: "Look, all we want is a piece of the pie, 'cause you got a lucrative thing going here. Imposing a tax will benefit both parties here and THAT is the definition of a good business transaction. :wink:"

Our government doesnt give a shit about anything that doesn't get them something lol. Like you said, there will be people refusing to, and at $500 a crack at least here, they're still making something lol.

Reactions: Wyote
It's crazy the federal government refuses to fund plasma therapy.

I think this whole pandemic is just something bigger at play. I don't trust a government that has stricter penalties for someone who is manufacturing/selling drugs vs a murderer. Selling a product to a paying consumer who in the end is only harming themselves is different than taking a life without consent. Why? Because the amount of money that can be made through drugs sales is worth more than one person can make on average in a lifetime. It's not taxed and that means no income for the government. Same with prostitution, I highly doubt its about the morality of the situation.
Marijuana vs Alcohol in terms of both long and short term effect..Alcohol has no medicinal properties, it's poison yet can be snagged at every convenience store. I bet prohibition ended on the governement saying something like this...

Government: "Look, all we want is a piece of the pie, 'cause you got a lucrative thing going here. Imposing a tax will benefit both parties here and THAT is the definition of a good business transaction. :wink:"

Our government doesnt give a shit about anything that doesn't get them something lol. Like you said, there will be people refusing to, and at $500 a crack at least here, they're still making something lol.

In the end the world dies with politics.