Connection With Animals... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Connection With Animals...

I have a weird connection with animals, mostly my pets though. I have a bond with my cats and dog that's pretty hard to explain. I can tell when they're lonely, sick or bored and I know whats needed in order to get them to feel like themselves again. And my animals understand me the same way. They know when I'm sad or bored. They'll either cuddle with me until I stop crying or start playing with me if I'm just bored. :) When I'm sick they'll stay right next to me until I feel better. I love animals. :m015:

Animals understand that I'm not there to hurt them, and I think I project some sort of calming feeling to them. I've noticed it with every pet I've had, and with pets I didn't have.

I've helped someone get their cat back after it got out. She was a housecat and was completely agoraphobic after she got out.(She hid under his deck and wouldn't come out) When I went there and took a look under the deck, I just talked to her a little bit and she came over to where I was.

I had a really smart mixed breed dog(She looked part akita and something else) called Ellie that seemed to understand whatever I said to her. We never even taught her one thing, but I told her to go downstairs whenever we had dinner and she would go right away.(We'd usually give her scraps after we finished eating)

I feel horrible about the way she died. She was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and we'd bring her inside during them. We were leaving for camping for just one night, so we left our dogs at home(Her and another dog that was half akita/half saint bernard). I actually wanted to stay home at first, but I was eventually convinced to come along. I had this bad feeling about it the entire time while getting ready to leave and the entire time while we were gone. We'd left them both at home for longer periods but something just didn't feel right about it this time. During the night a fairly heavy thunderstorm passed through and it rained a ton, a lot more than usual for our area. We got back home to find most of the area had standing water. We looked for Ellie but couldn't find her. Maggie(The akita/bernard cross) showed up when we called for her.

Several weeks later, we got a call from a neighbor. There was a dead animal in his field. He said it resembled our dog in the missing animal report in the paper. My parents went and checked it out, and it turns out it was. I never saw the body, but I didn't want to look. My parents buried her near the barn. I still miss that dog to this day, and my current dog look like her except about 1/4 of the size, and is also deathly afraid of thunderstorms. She's pretty spoiled.

I feel horrible about the way she died. She was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and we'd bring her inside during them. We were leaving for camping for just one night, so we left our dogs at home(Her and another dog that was half akita/half saint bernard). I actually wanted to stay home at first, but I was eventually convinced to come along. I had this bad feeling about it the entire time while getting ready to leave and the entire time while we were gone. We'd left them both at home for longer periods but something just didn't feel right about it this time. During the night a fairly heavy thunderstorm passed through and it rained a ton, a lot more than usual for our area. We got back home to find most of the area had standing water. We looked for Ellie but couldn't find her. Maggie(The akita/bernard cross) showed up when we called for her.

Several weeks later, we got a call from a neighbor. There was a dead animal in his field. He said it resembled our dog in the missing animal report in the paper. My parents went and checked it out, and it turns out it was. I never saw the body, but I didn't want to look. My parents buried her near the barn. I still miss that dog to this day, and my current dog look like her except about 1/4 of the size, and is also deathly afraid of thunderstorms. She's pretty spoiled.

i too feel horrible about the way any of my pets have died. i have been so close to some, like family even, and then when they die, i feel its all my fault. like how can i have a brother die and no one else even care?....

I have one story i dont think i can ever forgive myself for. im gonna have to find that oneketter something thread and post there cuz all this shit bottled up is making me mad and starting to come out.

long story short-the dog was put to sleep bcuz i didnt look hard enough for a home. i will never stop blaming myself for losing someone so close to me. it is truly all my fault. this is one of the only reasons in the world i feel i cannot be trusted. if i let someone close to me die,....how can i be the man i TRULY want to be?......there is no answer for that i think.

STILL-plz. keep em coming. more post please. more post:m107:

I don't have much of a connection with animals - I supose that's because I've only had a dog, which turned insane eventually and had to be put down, and a hamster. And hamster's love for their human is pretty paralel to the amount of food you give it.

One funny thing that does happen to me, though, is that everywhere I go there's a blackbird. Not even kidding - when I walk out of my house, there's always one in the park next to it. When I go over a friend's, there's one around. There's also one in university and in any city I've ever visited. I even went to England and there it was, every morning, waiting for me in the garden! It's kind of uncanny. I've taken a liking to the little things and I often joke about them being my "guardian" animals~

It's the same for me with owels. At my old house there was an owl. I moved, there was an owl. I moved again and still an owl. I got a job and sure enough there is an owl that lives in this huge tree across the street. Also when I go places I typically hear them in the distance.

Do I have a connection with animals? I think that most people do; that's why such a large percentage of the population has at least one or two pets at home. But beyond companionship, I don't know.

I know that, for whatever reason, cats love me. I personally feel rather neutral towards them. But if I'm visiting a friend and there is an otherwise anti-social feline in their house, much to everyone's surprise, it will somehow always end up purring into my lap.

I was told that this has to do with the fact that I don't pay them any attention, and cats figure that to be friendly behavior. Or maybe its just some vibe; apparently cats are attracted to negative energy, and they feed off of it. I don't know about the latter theory, but the former seems quite plausible.

Still, despite that peculiar anomaly with normally anti-social kittens, I do love animals, but I do not feel some sort of ESP/mystical connection with them; at least, not any different than what other people might experience with their furry friends.

I was told that this has to do with the fact that I don't pay them any attention, and cats figure that to be friendly behavior. Or maybe its just some vibe; apparently cats are attracted to negative energy, and they feed off of it......

Cats feed off negative energy?

i wasnt aware of that...in fact i NEVER heard of that!:m123:

but im not saying your wrong just never heard ot if tho....

I have herd that cat's feed off negitive energy as well. I don't really agree with though. I think cat's are drawn towards any kind of strong energy.

My cat in particular does this. If me or my mom are meditating, doing energy work, preforming reiki or anything like that. Within 5 minutes time our cat will come in, meow like crazy, and try to stick to us like velcro.

Cats feed off negative energy?

i wasnt aware of that...in fact i NEVER heard of that!:m123:

but im not saying your wrong just never heard ot if tho....

Some schools of alternative medicine posit that companion animals are highly receptive to different types of energy. The theory goes that they work it through their bodies; that's why, whenever you're stressed, you're encouraged to kick back with your pets. Petting/stroking them has a relaxing quality on you. The rumor is that cats are especially susceptive to people who are going through tough times or who are pent up with negativity--an explanation for the 'cat lady' stereotype.

A quick search on google found this little google book on the subject: Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats (page 42). You might find this interesting, Whitefire. You seem very much into human-animal spiritual/healing connections.

I'm not entirely certain I personally buy into it, however, as I stand behind a more behavioral model.

I have herd that cat's feed off negitive energy as well. I don't really agree with though. I think cat's are drawn towards any kind of strong energy.

My cat in particular does this. If me or my mom are meditating, doing energy work, preforming reiki or anything like that. Within 5 minutes time our cat will come in, meow like crazy, and try to stick to us like velcro.

YOU PRACTICE WITH YOUR FAMILY ON THE DAILY BASIS!?!?!?!:m077:

o gosh, if only i grew up in a family like THAt i wouldnt be where i am now!.....>:m179:

heheh but really i really wish my family was as open to the idea of meditation. i mean i guess im conplaining for nottin cuz they dont hate it they just find it odd. i could almost swear i bleong in china or japan somewhere....:m080:

Some schools of alternative medicine posit that companion animals are highly receptive to different types of energy. The theory goes that they work it through their bodies; that's why, whenever you're stressed, you're encouraged to kick back with your pets. Petting/stroking them has a relaxing quality on you. The rumor is that cats are especially susceptive to people who are going through tough times or who are pent up with negativity--an explanation for the 'cat lady' stereotype.

A quick search on google found this little google book on the subject: Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats (page 42). You might find this interesting, Whitefire. You seem very much into human-animal spiritual/healing connections.

I'm not entirely certain I personally buy into it, however, as I stand behind a more behavioral model.

ahhh yes i see i see.:m059:

i SHALL do more reaserch on this my friend. thakyou for posting it...:m107:

Last edited:
I enjoy acting like a dog around my dog, they are far more receptive. Like I'll get down on all fours and bound over to a corner and snuffle under a rug or something. She will observe me from the other side of the room with her head cocked and then come running over and help me find whatever I may be snuffling for under the rug. Also things like copying their body language when they want to play etc. I find copying a dog (not eating shit or pissing in the pool) is a very good way to build a connection!