Cognitive Processes | Page 26 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Processes

But I would never ever ever decribe it as that. All the questions about Ni were complete BS and flaky gibberish to me. I have ZERO mysticism about how I think. Just cause some consiger Ni to be magic, doesn't mean another strong Ni does too. I'd like to see a complete revamp of this test and the site's decription of Ni to be something that ALL Ni's could relate to and recognize.

In fact, I wanted to NOT pick any of the Ni question just because the mystical way it was portrayed offended me.

Yeah, they do make it sound a bit flaky. I've never saw it as necessarily mystical either. But, stuff like that has happened to me before; it just didn't seem "magical" or anything.

Yeah, they do make it sound a bit flaky. I've never saw it as necessarily mystical either. But, stuff like that has happened to me before; it just didn't seem "magical" or anything.

+1

We shall tell them to fix it or we break their knee caps?
Nah, lets just find a good test for once.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.3)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.9)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTP

Go figure. Never had INTP as a possibility before.

You're an E. This is proof! Join us, won't you?

You've gotta be truuuuueeeee to yourself. We are having our bi-hourly meeting of extroverts in a couple of minutes, and you are more than welcome to come along. It's an hour and a half filled with excessive talking, talking over each other, and lots of physical contact. You'll love it. The half hour between meetings is killer, but that's what the internet was made for, non-stop interaction with other people.

In response, I must pull out all the monkey stops:

:m194::m100::m169::m104::mcunni::m097::m041::m071::m181::m162::m040:

You've gotta be truuuuueeeee to yourself. We are having our bi-hourly meeting of extroverts in a couple of minutes, and you are more than welcome to come along. It's an hour and a half filled with excessive talking, talking over each other, and lots of physical contact. You'll love it. The half hour between meetings is killer, but that's what the internet was made for, non-stop interaction with other people.

LOL..I just tested as ENFJ xD.

Last edited:
Trust me, it will be good for you. Give me five minutes, and I'll free you from that shell of introvertedness.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.4)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
Seriously?

I'm determined to get through this test anyway.

Edit:
23. Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
Another one! Seriously, fuck off with these mumbo jumbo questions.

Edit2:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************************** (42.5)
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************************** (42.3)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.7)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******* (7.6)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.1)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.2)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.8)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29)
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ESTJ
Bwahahahahaha!

No.

There is no way in any universe that I'm an E.

Last edited:
21. Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions.
Seriously?

There have been a few times in my life where I've experienced this and I'm not even Ni dominant, nothing untoward about it as long as the "profound realisation" they're referring to involves noticing the underlying relationship(s) between different things.

Edit:
Engage life's magical moments and meaningful coincidences as they happen.
Another one! Seriously, fuck off with these mumbo jumbo questions.
I'm kinda with you on this one. The "meaningful coincidences" part could be Ni (because, like I said before, it looks for the underlying relationships between things, even if it has to invent them), but IMO the first bit doesn't have anything to do with any of the functions.

There have been a few times in my life where I've experienced this and I'm not even Ni dominant, nothing untoward about it as long as the "profound realisation" they're referring to involves noticing the underlying relationship(s) between different things.

I'm kinda with you on this one. The "meaningful coincidences" part could be Ni (because, like I said before, it looks for the underlying relationships between things, even if it has to invent them), but IMO the first bit doesn't have anything to do with any of the functions.

To me it seems that they could put it in a logical way which would at least be easy to understand (for me at least). Yet instead they use words such as "mystical" and "magical".

In my opinion there is no such thing and all 3 Ni dominant type people I know (two INFJ's, one INTJ) will agree with me.

I should feel like I'm taking a psychology test, not having a tarot reading. The MBTI ones get away with making sense to me, why not this one?

Is there any other cognitive functions tests out there that work?

Last edited:
To me it seems that they could put it in a logical way which would at least be easy to understand (for me at least). Yet instead they use words such as "mystical" and "magical".

I should feel like I'm taking a psychology test, not having a tarot reading.

Yeah, I agree with you there. According to this test my Ni use has dropped off dramatically over the last couple of years, which seemed strange to me because if anything I feel like I'm using it a little more these days than I used to. Then I realised it's not really my Ni use that's changed, it's my understanding of Ni itself. The descriptions of Ni on that test just don't jive with the way I currently understand Ni to work.

The MBTI ones get away with making sense to me, why not this one?
I suspect the person who wrote the test didn't really understand Ni. It can seem to pull strange answers out of nowhere, and sometimes those answers are hard to put into everyday words and so tend to get expressed symbolically. So if you don't know what's going on "behind the curtain", Ni can seem like a pretty strange function.

In my opinion there is no such thing and all 3 Ni dominant type people I know (two INFJ's, one INTJ) will agree with me.

I think that depends on what's meant by "mystical" and "magical". I tend to interpret mystical to mean spiritual or meditative frames of mind, rather than any external force. And the same sort of thing goes for magical, I mean you can have a "magical" moment with your SO sitting on a park bench on a lazy summer's evening, but that doesn't mean that anything "inexplicable" happened or that anybody started pulling rabbits out of hats.

If you approach it that way the test tends to make a little more sense, in my experience, but it could still do with a pretty significant rewrite.

Is there any other cognitive functions tests out there that work?
Nope. :lol:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************************** (51.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************** (18)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.1)
good use

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)
*************************** (27.9) average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.9) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.7) average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.7) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.7) average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.9) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.9) good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.7) good use

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni):
Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe):
Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Ive been questioning if im an infj or an infp. Nice to have this test to give me a little indication of which functions i use most.

Even thou they have some pretty wierd questions that is hard to fully understand, they have some pretty neat accuracy in defining type (80 % according to themselves).

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use

extraverted Sensing (Se)
*************** (15.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.8)
good use

The last time I took this test I got an ISFJ result, but it seems today I've got INFJ. I think my results fluctuate heavily based on my moods and what's going on in my life. Today I'm feeling pretty neutral. Some of the percentages stayed almost the same and some are completely different. It's interesting to see the changes.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
limited use
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.5)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation​

I thought I'd take it again since I haven't in months.

No surprises here.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

(Fe)
************************************** (38)
(Fi)
************************************* (37.1)
(Ni) ************************************ (36.9)
(Se) ******************************** (32.1)
(Ne) ************************** (26.8)
(Te)
************************* (25.9)
(Ti) ************************ (24.8)
(Si) ******************* (19)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe):
Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Intuiting (Ni):
Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFP

Last edited: