Chronicles of Narnia Mafia Game Thread | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Chronicles of Narnia Mafia Game Thread

Is this all the conversation that's going on? Come on players! It's hard to play a game when there's nothing to go on.

Well ok, here is something that might get conversation started... does anyone know the books/movies well enough to know if any of the baddies (especially the white witch) might have preferred one of the options for where we went overnight? Could there have been info out there?

It sounded like we all went wherever we voted for, rather than there being a winner and we all went to the same place.

I don't think the white witch would prefer any of them. Maybe tumnus cave but that's a stretch. Tumnus originally lured Lucy there to give her to the White witch. But he had second thoughts and he let her go. Later the place was ransacked by the witch's wolves. But then they had to flee from the dam too because the wolves were on them, they escaped through tunnels. The lamp post is kind of the border of Narnia, can't think of anything else of interest there.

Oliviapope, I never played at stv. Did you play at Lostpedia? And I am very anti drama myself.

I never really got into those stories. I know there's a lion, a witch, and a wardrobe and some kids. Seems odd there's no lion in this game. But you could be onto something Golden because it doesn't seem like there was anything to be gained by the choices. I don't know if there's anything to be read into Disgruntled Porcupine being the only one to pick the lamppost.

Spacedaisy, I never played LostPedia. I played a few games at RevolutionMafia before I decided to retire. I haven't played anywhere in a couple of years.

Well ok, here is something that might get conversation started... does anyone know the books/movies well enough to know if any of the baddies (especially the white witch) might have preferred one of the options for where we went overnight? Could there have been info out there?

It sounded like we all went wherever we voted for, rather than there being a winner and we all went to the same place.

I would have expected the baddies to want to be at the lightpost (because that was around near where the witch met Edmund). The Tumnus cave and Beaver Dam are both good guy friendly areas.

But only one player voted the lamppost, so I don't think it's as significant as I thought it would be. Or the baddies just fell in line with the rest of the players.

Yeah, it's weird. I wasn't really sure what was going on with having to pick a place for the night. I also thought the lamp post was going to hold some significance, but who knows if only one person stayed there. Why you'd want to stand next to a lamp post all night is beyond me! haha

I am quite familiar with the books cause my mom read them to us before bed when I Was a kid. It does seem really weird that Aslan isn't in the game!

Night 1

The inhabitants huddle silently on a worn rug before the fireplace in the Tumnus Cave. A good-sized
fire crackles, devouring dry logs with a fury, as shadows flicker and dance about on the stone walls.
One can almost hear the lute playing an old Narnian folk tune beneath the ominous howling of the
wind.

“We should talk,” OliviaPope finally begins. “Find out who—”

A sudden pounding on the door, followed by a tremendous crash, interrupts the completion of her
sentence.

Maugrim, Captain of the Witch’s Secret Police, stands at the open doorway, breathing heavily. He
slowly advances into the Cave, eyes glinting in the moonlight. “You,” he snarls as his murderous
gaze snags on Jacobi.

As the Wolf bares its fangs, OliviaPope, TinyBubbles, fingersplints, drummergirlbk, and MetalMarsh89
scream in unison, making a mad dash for the entrance of the Cave.

All but Jacobi, whose escape route is obstructed by the large frame of the Wolf.

As the creature lunges forward, Jacobi leaps up, yeowling at the top of his lungs. In a frantic attempt
to get away, he swipes a paw at the Wolf, and the outstretched claws catch on the Wolf’s snout, leaving
behind three stripes of red. Not waiting to see what happens next, the terrified Jacobi hisses, tail bristling,
before tearing out into the cold night air.

(Edit: Jacobi is written as a cat based on his avatar.)

It is now Day 2.​
Who tried to kill Jacobi?​
1. [MENTION=5297]Katniss Neverbeef[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=13654]DFaraday[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=13630]DisgruntledPorcupine[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=13661]golden[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=11868]drummergirlbk[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=13634]OliviaPope[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=11651]ArtFirst[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=13639]Spacedaisy[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=1926]TinyBubbles[/MENTION]
11. [MENTION=13645]fingersplints[/MENTION]
12. [MENTION=13637]Metalmarsh89[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting...

I don't know if this post clears everyone in the cave from being the wolf, or if that is misleading. Even before that post, I was thinking it was also possible that the wolf would have to kill only from people in the same location. The post seems to contradict that theory, but I'm not ruling it out.

Jacobi looks pretty good, though, to me.

The only thing that confuses me about Jacobi is that it says he swipes with his paw? That seems really strange to me as the only other charachters with paws are the beavers.

And it says his tail bristles.

Reminder: You now have 48 hours to decide who to lynch today. Choose wisely and bold your vote in the thread

The only thing that confuses me about Jacobi is that it says he swipes with his paw? That seems really strange to me as the only other charachters with paws are the beavers.

I wrote Jacobi as a cat based on his avatar, so sorry for the confusion! That has nothing to do with the roles.

Good catch! Could a mouse have a paw too? The character who survives an attempt on their life is Mr Tumnus, who does have a tail, but not a paw (paw could be slang for hand, but I don't think a hand would easily leave behind three streaks of red.)

In any event, I think Jacobi is fairly clearly a good guy :)

Ahh okay thanks for clearing that up heiots!

And [MENTION=13661]golden[/MENTION] Tumnus has human hands!

man im so glad it was a misunderstanding because of his avatar, one moment the wolf attacks the next its as if the wolf attacked himself through the use of some messed up secret ability! >.>
Which brings me back to my original suspect...

[MENTION=13661]golden[/MENTION] You were already suggesting lynching somebody before the first night was even over... was being involved in one attempted murder not enough for you ?

I don't know you and I don't like that this is my first impression of you. I really hope I am mistaken, because you sound like the kinda guy who's charismatic enough to have anyone follow his every word...
You also seem to be like: " oh jacobi must be a good guy then. "as if you're clearing yourself by instantly affirming hes a good guy. Why play the captain obvious card unless you think it benefits you in someway ?

I'm sorry golden, but unless someone has a better idea I am going to vote that it was you.

Last edited:
I never really got into those stories. I know there's a lion, a witch, and a wardrobe and some kids. Seems odd there's no lion in this game. But you could be onto something Golden because it doesn't seem like there was anything to be gained by the choices. I don't know if there's anything to be read into Disgruntled Porcupine being the only one to pick the lamppost.

Spacedaisy, I never played LostPedia. I played a few games at RevolutionMafia before I decided to retire. I haven't played anywhere in a couple of years.

Did you play on RM as OliviaPope or a different name?

Yeah, it's weird. I wasn't really sure what was going on with having to pick a place for the night. I also thought the lamp post was going to hold some significance, but who knows if only one person stayed there. Why you'd want to stand next to a lamp post all night is beyond me! haha

I am quite familiar with the books cause my mom read them to us before bed when I Was a kid. It does seem really weird that Aslan isn't in the game!

I almost picked the lamppost because it is the start of Narnia so seemed to be a good place to start the game, but it didn't really suit the question of where to survive the night. I'm not sure a baddie option would be that obvious anyways.

Interesting attempted kill choice. Going to have to think about that some

Jacobi looks pretty good, though, to me.

Well unless I somehow transformed into a wolf and then attacked my non-wolf form at the same time, then yeah, odds are I'm a good guy.

At this point there's little evidence to go on, so I plan to use random.org which generates a random number, for voting. Unless, that is, someone has a plausible theory on who the bad guys are.

Reactions: rawr