Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty of the murder of her daughter | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty of the murder of her daughter

To be fair @aeon That is all that is relevant to you (and arguably the State of Florida) Obviously, the other people who have responded are taking into account and applying importance to other factors.

I admire your attempt to keep the conversation within the acceptable realm of legal definitions and you have done an admirable job of it. Generally speaking though, the conversations revolving around the "desired" versus the "actual" outcome will invariably contain value judgments outside the bounds of law.

Hopefully people understand that the legal system isn't based upon opinion and that the details contained within the trial had circumstantial evidence that didn't meet the criteria of "beyond a reasonable doubt" in order to bring about a conviction.

I watched the trial in its entirety. The medical examiner ruled the case a homicide (no report of a missing child for 31 days, body bagged and dumped, and duct tape anywhere near a dead child let alone the face). With 400 pieces of evidence, including a decomposing body in trunk, the State did show motive and means beyond a reasonable doubt...

Yeah, it seems to me like the jury misunderstood the "beyond a reasonable doubt" part. And it also seems like there was misconduct on the part of the jury.

Well this is depressing. :\ I am in the same boat as the others wondering how on earth she didn't at least get charged with neglect. I don't understand how anyone could purposefully harm such a sweet looking little girl. Or any child.