Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty of the murder of her daughter

aerosol

American trash
Jan 16, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ok, you guys can discuss this if you want here.

But - what I really would like at this point is some solid info on the background story leading up to the trial. I was not in the US for when this started and so I don't know too much about it.

From my understanding, there was lotttsss of stuff pointing to her being guilty, but no actual proof.

Reactions: jyrffw54
It's more a case of the jurors being completely retarded. Yea the prosecutors pushed for first degree murder, but there were several less severe options.

Basically, the family car had a dead body in it and this was in my opinion pretty solidly proven, they had the same duct tape that was found on the body which was a somewhat rare brand, and she lied and lied and lied about everything and changed her story about things every time she got in a corner. She showed absolutely no remorse or sadness over the death of her child because apparently she's just "different" from other people and therefore couldn't possibly have done it.

She did it, she was most certainly involved in whatever happened and the jurors even believe this to be true but it just wasn't her fault. Nothing is ever her fault, it's everyone else's because she's "different." The jury even found her guilty of lying to the police, but I guess that was just because she's different and couldn't help it, not because she was trying to cover her ass for murder.

I'd say there's no reasonable doubt she was involved. What's hard to prove is that no one else was involved.

Reactions: Wyote
See now...I'd hate to say it, but if this were a poorer mother who couldn't afford a good attorney - well, she'd be in prison before the press even caught wind of it. Justice ain't equal, no siree.

Reactions: rawr
not guilty was the verdict. more than a bit surprising to me.
I would have voted guilty; maybe not death penalty but life in prison. If it was indeed an accident and she did panic, how do they explain the child being duct taped in the trunk of her car? Part of the panicking? Okay, maybe. How do they explain the days of partying right after the death and the tattoo of "Bella Vita" that Casey Anthony got? That doesn't sound panicked or even slightly remorseful.
And what I'm wondering most of all is, how do they explain the searches on her computer of "how to make chloroform?"

not guilty was the verdict. more than a bit surprising to me.
I would have voted guilty; maybe not death penalty but life in prison. If it was indeed an accident and she did panic, how do they explain the child being duct taped in the trunk of her car? Part of the panicking? Okay, maybe. How do they explain the days of partying right after the death and the tattoo of "Bella Vita" that Casey Anthony got? That doesn't sound panicked or even slightly remorseful.
And what I'm wondering most of all is, how do they explain the searches on her computer of "how to make chloroform?"

+1

Here's our girl

Casey-Anthony-Cigar-Smoking.jpg
casey-anthony-making-out-woman-4bh.jpg
casey-anthony-in-court.jpg
casey-anthony.jpg
casey-southern-bell.jpg

From what I heard, the defense was pretty flimsy though. Something about "just not knowing anything happened" but with no proof. I asn't following it but from what I heard, she seemed like she'd be convicted. I don't think she would have gotten the death penalty though.

I think it's fucking appalling that she got off. I felt sick to my stomach when I read that.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This case would have turned out very differently had Casey's attorneys not advised her not to testify. They knew her lies couldn't hold up to the scrutiny of the prosecutors. I also believe her mother was involved.

I've been following this case for several weeks, and thought about even driving to the courthouse today, anticipating a verdict. I decided I would rather use the gas to go see the shuttle launch this Friday, being that the various news channels have covered every angle of the trial, and will surely be discussing it for weeks to come.

I couldn't believe my ears when they read the verdict. I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks she wasn't guilty. The difference is that we, outside the court, have been exposed to, and swayed by the media, whereas the jury had not. And if they think she didn't do it, or that the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did, who do they think may have done it? Someone had to put duct tape over her mouth and throw her in the woods. You wouldn't duct tape the mouth of a child who had drowned, there would be no reason. Someone murdered that child.

I hope that whatever sentence she does get for the charges upon which she was found guilty is long and unrelenting. If she did not kill her child, she certainly showed no sorrow for having lost her, and for that she ought be punished.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This case would have turned out very differently had Casey's attorneys not advised her not to testify. They knew her lies couldn't hold up to the scrutiny of the prosecutors. I also believe her mother was involved.

I've been following this case for several weeks, and thought about even driving to the courthouse today, anticipating a verdict. I decided I would rather use the gas to go see the shuttle launch this Friday, being that the various news channels have covered every angle of the trial, and will surely be discussing it for weeks to come.

I couldn't believe my ears when they read the verdict. I have yet to talk to anyone who thinks she wasn't guilty. The difference is that we, outside the court, have been exposed to, and swayed by the media, whereas the jury had not. And if they think she didn't do it, or that the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did, who do they think may have done it? Someone had to put duct tape over her mouth and throw her in the woods. You wouldn't duct tape the mouth of a child who had drowned, there would be no reason. Someone murdered that child.

I hope that whatever sentence she does get for the charges upon which she was found guilty is long and unrelenting. If she did not kill her child, she certainly showed no sorrow for having lost her, and for that she ought be punished.

You should elaborate more on the possibility of her mom being involved. That's an interesting theory. I'm trying to find info on Casey and her accusing her dad of molesting the little girl, but I haven't found much. It seems like she was turning her parents against her pretty hard.

Well, what I think was done was the fact that the defense was not able to prove that she was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There was no hard evidence as such. I appreciate that they're doing things the way they should be done (as in needing evidence to find someone guilty), but this case was... special. I bet you some members of the jury thought she was guilty, if not all of them.

The duct tape thing - now let's say the death of the child was an accident. The scenario would then have to be that Casey got so freaked out and paranoid that she not only didn't tell anyone but also buried the kid because she was so scared people wouldn't believe her story. Putting duct tape on the child could have been something she did to make it seem like murder, and then her coming up with a story of someone else abducting the child (which is kind of what her story was originally). This is definitely not clear, rational thinking on her part, but I would not put it past her. She apparently had a history of mental problems and imaginary friends and all that, so I can see why she would be very, very irrational in an accident situation.

However, I do think she is guilty. Just kind of playing Devil's advocate I guess.

Wow, I'm very surprised at this, but at the same time, a part of me knew this would happen. My heart goes out to the child. People like this make me lose faith in humanity for just a tiny bit.

She may have killed her daughter — we (here on the forum) have no real way of knowing.

That said, she didn’t murder her daughter — so says a jury of twelve.

Tragic nonetheless. Both the death of a child and the media masturbation about the defendant.

Namaste,
Ian

You should elaborate more on the possibility of her mom being involved. That's an interesting theory. I'm trying to find info on Casey and her accusing her dad of molesting the little girl, but I haven't found much. It seems like she was turning her parents against her pretty hard.

Well, what I think was done was the fact that the defense was not able to prove that she was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. There was no hard evidence as such. I appreciate that they're doing things the way they should be done (as in needing evidence to find someone guilty), but this case was... special. I bet you some members of the jury thought she was guilty, if not all of them.

The duct tape thing - now let's say the death of the child was an accident. The scenario would then have to be that Casey got so freaked out and paranoid that she not only didn't tell anyone but also buried the kid because she was so scared people wouldn't believe her story. Putting duct tape on the child could have been something she did to make it seem like murder, and then her coming up with a story of someone else abducting the child (which is kind of what her story was originally). This is definitely not clear, rational thinking on her part, but I would not put it past her. She apparently had a history of mental problems and imaginary friends and all that, so I can see why she would be very, very irrational in an accident situation.

However, I do think she is guilty. Just kind of playing Devil's advocate I guess.

According to testimony, Cindy (?) Anthony tried to tell the court that she was in fact responsible for the Google searches on how to make chloroform, and that it was a pop-up ad she had clicked on. Her work records indicate that she was at work. She then tried to say that she is a salaried employee, and could have been at home while work records showed her at work. The expert witness testified that she was logged into her work computer and entering data at the time the Google searches were conducted. Not only that, but another witness for the prosecution testified that it was impossible that the chloroform search was a pop-up, as it had to have been physically typed in to the Google search bar for the web address to feature the q= command as it did with this particular search.

In my opinion, this shows, at very least, that Cindy was trying to cover for her daughter, if not fully involved in the murder/body disposal.

From my understanding, George Anthony was accused of molesting Casey, not Caylee. I got the feeling they were using this to garner sympathy for her defense.

i wish there was a way the chief suspect could be forced to testify, and stand cross-questioning (with her lawyer there of course, but her answering)...then again seems like people's rights would be violated all over the place. or so they say...

it's also a shame it took them so long to find poor Caylee's body...some 6 months. If it had been sooner, they might have hard, physical evidence, and a smoking gun.

What I don't understand is if they didn't believe there was enough evidence to convict, why not have a hung jury so that there could at least be another trial? Now there is nothing anyone can do. What a farce.