Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty of the murder of her daughter | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Casey Anthony was found NOT guilty of the murder of her daughter

What I don't understand is if they didn't believe there was enough evidence to convict, why not have a hung jury so that there could at least be another trial? Now there is nothing anyone can do. What a farce.

Double jeopardy is a bitch... but only in rare cases such as these...

It should be pointed out, though she didn't get convicted, she burnt every bridge she ever crossed in the process. Every one in the country know she is a liar and involved with the murder, she going to have hard time trying to have anything resembling a life.

MH0ef.jpg

Reactions: aerosol
the anthony's alrdy lost their grandchild, i doubt that the parents wanted casey to be put to death also.. sad day for justice but in any case, a parent wouldn't want their child on death row which is why i think Cindy (mom) said she did the chloroform searches..

if they had discovered casey's body earlier, the case would have been a smoking gun but months had passed and most evidence was diminished when they found her...

has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt that she did it to be put to death and that was prob how she got away with it...

rly sad though, that she walks.. i would have opted for life without parole

she was only charged 4 times lying to investigators and that was it? rly?

I'm a bit surprised here. I can understand the murder charge failing, but the child abuse charge? Your child goes missing for 31 days and you don't report it? How can that NOT be child abuse?

I'm a bit surprised here. I can understand the murder charge failing, but the child abuse charge? Your child goes missing for 31 days and you don't report it? How can that NOT be child abuse?

Yes. This is a very valid point.

This is what got me as well. Its clear she should have been charged with obstruction of justice by not saying anything for 31 days. And she even said they hid the body!

Also how could she not be guilty of abuse and / or neglect of a child. Honestly I don't know if she did kill her daughter, but I do think strongly that she did. I understand that telling the truth isn't always going to do you any favors. But no one who was incconet would hide the body and not say anything for a month. Or anyone in their right mind.

I just can't fathom why she walked away. Granted I don't support the death penalty, but even still come on. I mean I get it wasn't enough for murder but what about all the secondary charges?

They didn't necessarily say this. I think they felt like there is not enough proper evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty. Like I said before, most of them probably would say that they think she had something to do with it.

Indeed, they acquitted her of the charge, hence, she did not murder her child.

Perhaps most of them would say they think she had something to do with it. Perhaps many would say they think she killed her child. Perhaps she did.

But one thing we know for certain

What I don't understand is if they didn't believe there was enough evidence to convict, why not have a hung jury so that there could at least be another trial? Now there is nothing anyone can do. What a farce.

No, not a farce. A jury of 12 thought there was reasonable doubt, and they were unanimous in coming to that conclusion. Hence, no hung jury, but acquittal.

cheers,
Ian

Wait, what?
How do we know she did not murder her daughter? Just the fact that the jury let her go?

Yes, by definition.

cheers,
Ian

casey anthony is a filthy whore.

Indeed, they acquitted her of the charge, hence, she did not murder her child.

post of the year.

without trying to be mean, thats probably the dumbest thing i've heard in a very long time.

lets say at your workplace, your supervisors accuse you of stealing money. they dont have any hardcore evidence, but they are absolutely convinced you steal.

they fire you.

you've never stole a thing a day in your life.

just because they found you guilty, doesnt mean you actually stole.

just because the jury found her not guilty, doesnt mean she didnt kill her child.

Reactions: barbad0s
z0mg one kid dies and all this coverage... wow some random m0m kills her kid cool story bro

kids are being killed and raped and sold as sex slaves and child labourers by the minute

statistic vs. tragedy i guess

personally i thought her use of the american flag as a dress was fashionable

No, not a farce. A jury of 12 thought there was reasonable doubt, and they were unanimous in coming to that conclusion. Hence, no hung jury, but acquittal.

cheers,
Ian

This is where the Scottish legal system has a useful 3 tier system.

Guilty - Done it we know it.
Not Proven - Smells like shit but we can't prove it
Not Guilty - Didn't do it.

without trying to be mean, thats probably the dumbest thing i've heard in a very long time.

You don't seem to understand how the legal system works... now the press are technically bound to say that she did not murder her daughter and thus yes, it has been decided that she did not do so after reviewing the evidence. Think about it.

Whether you want the person to be guilty or not is irrelevant when the facts have proven that they are not guilty (without doubt) and thus they are not guilty.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
Just because a jury says "she didn't do it" doesn't mean that this wench, who is going to get rich from a book dea

Well, the defamation lawsuit from the woman she claimed to be the nanny, and the class-action lawsuit from the group who conducted the searches should put a pretty deep hole in her pocketbook.

I watched an interview yesterday with the guy who runs the group who conducted the searches and he seemed pretty convinced that the whole family knew a whole lot more than they were letting on.

I don't care about what the jury said. I don't care about what their corrupted laws say.

Understood, but as it concerns this case, what the jury said is all that is relevant as it concerns her status of guilt or innocence.

Child abuse, by general moral sense, is the taking of action harmful to a child. She harmed her child by, first of all, most likely killing her; and if not, she did by going a month without reporting that her child was missing.

Thing is, we