Biggest myths about love or relationships . . . | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Biggest myths about love or relationships . . .

I don't want this to turn out to be some gay vs anti-gay thread, but I think it's ignorant if people say that.

It's already hard to be gay in this society (no matter how hard groups have fought for gay rights)
and then there are people who claim it's a choice?

I think most people would love to be like the stereotypical average person.
sorry, random comment, pay no attention (I'm not entirely awake right now).

btw, I'd edit that out rather than derail the thread, so please continue.

Last edited:
only if other people pick up the debate and completely derail the thread. Otherwise, lets not destroy forum history.

:focus:​

The whole 'women liking assholes' thing is just evolution. Its not that women are just these sadistic ninnies. Assholes are more aggressive and in turn more aggressive providers. Wouldn't think twice about cutting another caveman's throat to provide for his own mate and offspring. Nice guys want to be fair and take care of everybody. Its survival of the fittest, not the fairest. Assholes get shit done.

That being said, we're more than our instincts. I toy with bad boys for my own amusement, but I always settle down with good men.

Reactions: sassafras
Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Sorry if this was inappropriate, it's a team america quote, and it just felt right to post it here.

The whole 'women liking assholes' thing is just evolution. Its not that women are just these sadistic ninnies. Assholes are more aggressive and in turn more aggressive providers. Wouldn't think twice about cutting another caveman's throat to provide for his own mate and offspring. Nice guys want to be fair and take care of everybody. Its survival of the fittest, not the fairest. Assholes get shit done.

That being said, we're more than our instincts. I toy with bad boys for my own amusement, but I always settle down with good men.

I disagree. Girls are attracted to all types of guys, and only some are attracted to the "asshole" type. Therefore, I don't think it's evolution. I think the psychology is deeper than that.
I like your explanation though. :D

Last edited:
I don't know any women- I only know girls. To me, it takes a women, someone who has grown physically and psychologically to be able to make the right decisions. People who are attracted to 'assholes' and chose to act on that attraction, despite what their logic may tell them, are inherently immature and simply 'girls'. It surprises me how many people I know are like this, who lack the ability to reason and see beyond 2 minutes of pleasure or 2 months of 'the best marriage ever' until the divorce hits and they are left to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.

Myth: Romantic love is a recent invention of the last century or two.

Contradicted by: The Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) in the Bible. If this isn't romantic love, nothing is.

Regarding the dominant theme of this thread (so far), it is pathetic when a nice woman of 40 or 50 is still married to an asshole. Talk about suffering the folly of youth. How sad.

Contradicted by: The Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) in the Bible. If this isn't romantic love, nothing is.

I agree.

I don't know any women- I only know girls. To me, it takes a women, someone who has grown physically and psychologically to be able to make the right decisions. People who are attracted to 'assholes' and chose to act on that attraction, despite what their logic may tell them, are inherently immature and simply 'girls'. It surprises me how many people I know are like this, who lack the ability to reason and see beyond 2 minutes of pleasure or 2 months of 'the best marriage ever' until the divorce hits and they are left to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.

What would be the boy/man side to this? Or should we assume it's only females who are often the immature ones?

Also, at what age does one evolve from an immature 'girl' to a reasonable woman? When do girls realize that it's not about having the most aggressive alpha-male? Does the age vary for different people? Do some just never mature to this? Are some mature from the start? ..

..i'm so confused...

Last edited:
replace girl with boy and woman with man

It isn't really a matter of age; it's a matter of being able to make the right rational decisions. Those who repeatively date 'assholes' and people who aren't exactly the most healthy of people aren't matured. They may be matured physically but not psychologically. Some people never mature to this; I don't think there is an average age, it's different for everyone. Generally I think in someone's 20's they'd start to realize this, but I've seen people in their teens and people who only notice this when they are forty. So there is a variety of degrees. People don't have the capability to see it at first, from birth; it's learned. Some learn it before they start dating, some learn by experience.

Last edited:
I seriously do not consider myself a 'nice guy'. I'm not nice to people. Even attractive females. But I am good to people. Most of the time I'm just that stern, guarded, kill-you-with-my-eyes guy. Does that make me an asshole? I'm not sure. But if I'm definitely not a nice guy, I must be? But I don't get anyone.

I seriously do not consider myself a 'nice guy'. I'm not nice to people. Even attractive females. But I am good to people. Most of the time I'm just that stern, guarded, kill-you-with-my-eyes guy. Does that make me an asshole? I'm not sure. But if I'm definitely not a nice guy, I must be? But I don't get anyone.

How do you define "nice"? Because there quite a bit of misconceptions associated with this word. It means different things to different people.

Many people are nice, but not good. Many are good, but not seemingly very "polite." So, I think we have first figure out what it means to be "nice."

If you're considerate and respectful, I consider this to be nice. If you're thoughtful, and willing to consider other points of view, then this is nice.

But today, nice it seems is defined entirely through the lens of extroverted politeness, which is a limited or restrictive understanding of the term.

Edit:

Additionally, too many mistake niceness (or kindness) for weakness or cluelessness, so those who're traditionally "nice" will often hide this aspect of their personality from public view.

Last edited:
How do you define "nice"? Because there quite a bit of misconceptions associated with this word. It means different things to different people.

Many people are nice, but not good. Many are good, but not seemingly very "polite." So, I think we have first figure out what it means to be "nice."

If you're considerate and respectful, I consider this to be nice. If you're thoughtful, and willing to consider other points of view, then this is nice.

But today, nice it seems is defined entirely through the lens of extroverted politeness, which is a limited or restrictive understanding of the term.

Yeah, I realised that we do need to establish what 'nice' means.

Thinking back now, I realise I was thinking nice as in, people don't find me nice to be around. I don't warm people when I'm around them. I don't offer anything fun or witty. I do by others, what I feel is right.

For dating, being a nice guy is being a pushover and unassertive. I don't do that in order to increase my standing with people, which is why I'm not nice.

Additionally, too many mistake niceness (or kindness) for weakness or cluelessness, so those who're traditionally "nice" will often hide this aspect of their personality from public view.

Then people even mistake kindness and generosity for weakness. People don't know the difference between nice and good.

Yeah, I realised that we do need to establish what 'nice' means.

Thinking back now, I realise I was thinking nice as in, people don't find me nice to be around. I don't warm people when I'm around them. I don't offer anything fun or witty. I do by others, what I feel is right.

For dating, being a nice guy is being a pushover and unassertive. I don't do that in order to increase my standing with people, which is why I'm not nice.

*sees people are asking questions*

What??? Are you questioning the whole nice guy thing??

GOD, you're all such T's!