Biggest myths about love or relationships . . . | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Biggest myths about love or relationships . . .

D:

Why aren't you a lesbian?!!

Because I like...men. I can't say I haven't kissed girls, because I have a few times. But there's no sexual attraction to women, and, well, I have needs. :redface:

There will always be exceptions, but I'm just speaking from my personal experience.
I didn't mean to offend you, but I see women around me claiming they like nice guys,
but then go for the assholes.
And when you point out they're returning to their ex-boyfriend who dumped them to have guilt-free sex with other women,
it's you who's the asshole. (Okay, that does make me a bit of an ass :p)

A week ago, someone told me: yea, you just have to treat them bad.
Really, you don't know how many times I call the sluts / whores / ...
Not that this goes up for all women. But it's just an example.
Confirmation bias? Perhaps :p

Nah, most women don't like to be treated badly. It just takes some time for some to realize that assholes are not the way to go.

Because I like...men. I can't say I haven't kissed girls, because I have a few times. But there's no sexual attraction to women, and, well, I have needs. :redface:
I have needs too. Check your pm-inbox.

Nah, most women don't like to be treated badly. It just takes some time for some to realize that assholes are not the way to go.

I didn't mean that all women like to be treated 'badly', but it's just that generally nice guys aren't desired.

*prays this isn't true*...
You better be praying to God, Allah, Yahweh and Buddha at the same time, because it's true.

Too be honest, this is just true in my environment. It could be different in other environments, or I could be completely biased because I just see what I want to see.

Will you guys stop complaining :m125:They are desired! There aren't even enough of them.

I have needs too. Check your pm-inbox.

If this is a joke, I don't get it...? There's not a damned thing in my pm-inbox. And I kinda feel stupid for checking. Thanks.

I didn't mean that all women like to be treated 'badly', but it's just that generally nice guys aren't desired.
Back in the day it often felt as though guys overlooked alot of great women in favor of the ones with the most social power. The social power came from advertising sexuality, and behaving as superior so that the guy feels like he conquered the most unattainable woman and therefore the best one.

I only seriously dated nice guys. I ran away from the mean ones. Actually, it might be impossible for me to feel any attraction towards a mean guy. He could have money, fame, looks, etc. and it has zero effect on me because it's all rotten inside. That's far more potent to me than any bad smell I have ever encountered in my life.

TAKE IT BACK, DAMNIT!

Back in the day it often felt as though guys overlooked alot of great women in favor of the ones with the most social power. The social power came from advertising sexuality, and behaving as superior so that the guy feels like he conquered the most unattainable woman and therefore the best one.

I only seriously dated nice guys. I ran away from the mean ones. Actually, it might be impossible for me to feel any attraction towards a mean guy. He could have money, fame, looks, etc. and it has zero effect on me because it's all rotten inside. That's far more potent to me than any bad smell I have ever encountered in my life.

I understand why you got that impression, because it's probably true.
I actually feel intimidated by social power. And I have this prejudice that girls high on the social ladder are dumb.
I know that's bad :/ Although, some girl managed to change that prejudice.

But I find the silent, nice girls cuter, and I think they're way harder to get than the loudmouth ones who need to be the center of the attention.

hmm, prankster I think that when you're examining things from a majority-polulation perspective, those things do apply. The girls do go for the jerks, etc. But then you have to ask yourself, are we part of the majority? INs are the minority, thus those social/relationship 'truths' that are followed by S types don't necessarily hold true for us.

INs rewrite the whole social rulebook for themselves. =]

Last edited:
You better be praying to God, Allah, Yahweh and Buddha at the same time, because it's true.

Too be honest, this is just true in my environment. It could be different in other environments, or I could be completely biased because I just see what I want to see.

Hmmm. Define asshole. Someone who has a girlfriend?

I am old and taken, but was not always, and I can honestly say, beause I remember it like it was yesterday, that the first thing that attracted me to my husband was that he was kind. That was the first thing. Second was intelligent. Third was hot (I was 19). Guys who act overly aggressive and disrespect women usually just seem low class and stupid to me.

But then maybe that's just me.

hmm, prankster I think that when you're examining things from a majority-polulation perspective, those things do apply. The girls do go for the jerks, etc. But then you have to ask yourself, are part of the majority? INs are the minority, thus those social/relationship 'truths' that are followed by S types don't necessarily hold true for us.

INs rewrite the whole social rulebook for themselves. =]

It's kind of annoying if you're different than the majority.

Hmmm. Define asshole. Someone who has a girlfriend?

I am old and taken, but was not always, and I can honestly say, beause I remember it like it was yesterday, that the first thing that attracted me to my husband was that he was kind. That was the first thing. Second was intelligent. Third was hot (I was 19). Guys who act overly aggressive and disrespect women usually just seem low class and stupid to me.

But then maybe that's just me.
Yea, everyone who has a girlfriend is an asshole.
I write this because I'm bitter and all. I know you're trying to say that.

An asshole is someone who doesn't respect others and doesn't treat them as equals.

Yea, everyone who has a girlfriend is an asshole.
I write this because I'm bitter and all. I know you're trying to say that.

An asshole is someone who doesn't respect others and doesn't treat them as equals.

You'll get one. Don't worry.
You may be fishing in the wrong ponds though.

You'll get one. Don't worry.
You may be fishing in the wrong ponds though.

Actually, I'm not sure anymore if I'd like a relation.
I don't see anyone living with me, because I can be a difficult person if you get to know me.
And actually, I'm getting used to it. At least I still have my freedom.

Some confirmation / affection would be nice though.

WHY DO THESE THREADS MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A SAD HUMAN BEING?

Urgh.

Maybe I should stay out of the relationships section haha.

tell me about it...:mpff: the same goes for gay guys. They tend to overlook the nice and good ones for the dicks. So the percentage looking for nice guys times the percentage of gay guys equals my chances. :m079:

...and people honestly think we choose to be gay...

sorry, I don't have any myths to contribute, I don't have enough experience.

p.s. to those who have been following my blog: don't worry, this isn't from first hand experience.