Best Suited type for your mate? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Best Suited type for your mate?

INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 25 I versus E, 0 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 80 J versus P!

Your ideal romantic partner is known as the counselor. This type makes a supportive and insightful romantic partner, encouraging their mates to have dreams and work hard to make those dreams come true. Because they are so creative, they have a wealth of ideas to help them toward those goals. They need harmony so much that they are driven to resolve conflict quickly, as long as the terms don't violate their strong ethics. They feel the most appreciated when their partners admire their creativity, trust their inspirations, and respect their values. It is also vitally important that their partners be open and emotionally available - in other words, that they be willing to share themselves completely.
The group summary: idealists (NF)
The type summary: INFJ

I got INTP, the architect.

I kind of already knew that. But I love INTP's in general. I have a ton of INTP male friends.

Is it just me, or do some of the questions seemed to have a bais to make one option seem just, well, flat out BAD? Either way, this makes sense for me. I used to think ENTJ was my ideal, but I think I would be a better match for introverts, and I am not so sure I can deal with Te in a relationship, maybe.

ISFJ - The Protector

You scored 25 I versus E, 80 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 80 J versus P!
Your ideal romantic partner is known as the proptector. As a romantic partner, this type is generous and gentle. Occasionally they may be taken for granted because of this fact. they are tireless in providing acts of service for their loved ones. They run the risk of always being exhausted because they won't say no to their partners. They are sensitive to criticism and will withdraw rather than fight back. They wish to be appreciated for their loyalty and whole hearted nuturing. Their values must be respected and they thrive on consideration and kindness.

Is it just me, or do some of the questions seemed to have a bais to make one option seem just, well, flat out BAD? Either way, this makes sense for me. I used to think ENTJ was my ideal, but I think I would be a better match for introverts, and I am not so sure I can deal with Te in a relationship, maybe.

ISFJ - The Protector

You scored 25 I versus E, 80 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 80 J versus P!
Your ideal romantic partner is known as the proptector. As a romantic partner, this type is generous and gentle. Occasionally they may be taken for granted because of this fact. they are tireless in providing acts of service for their loved ones. They run the risk of always being exhausted because they won't say no to their partners. They are sensitive to criticism and will withdraw rather than fight back. They wish to be appreciated for their loyalty and whole hearted nuturing. Their values must be respected and they thrive on consideration and kindness.

Yes, I saw this too. I noticed a huge bias towards N in particular..

Yes, I saw this too. I noticed a huge bias towards N in particular..

I saw a huge bais towards J in my opinion (not too much with the others). Honestly most of the P answers just seemed like... blegh, who in their right mind would want someone like that in a relationship? That's just asking for trouble and infedelity. It could have been worded better.

ENTP - The Inventor
You scored 75 I versus E, 0 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 40 J versus P!

Your ideal mate is known as the inventor. This type is a flirtateous and energetic romantic partner, fun and engaging, always looking for something unusual to try. In their enthusiasm, they may make promises they can't keep. Their (<- I fixed) competitive nature and need to be perceived as an expert can be daunting to a romantic partner at times. They so enjoy the tug of a good debate that sometimes they act as if they don't take anything seriously. They are usually very supportive and helpful to their mates, but somewhat scattered and unable to devote their full attention there. They feel most appreciated for their great ideas, unusual perceptiveness, and ability to understand and communicate with people. They feel most appreciated when their partners understand their need for lots of social contact and their need to live life as spontaneously as possible.
The group summary: rationals (NT)
The type summary: ENTP

INTJ The Mastermind

You scored 25 I versus E, 40 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 60 J versus P!
Your ideal romantic partner is known as the Mastermind. As a romantic partner, this type can be both fascinating yet demanding. They are not apt to express their emotions, leaving their partners wondering where they are with them. They strongly dislike repeating themselves or listening to the disorganized process of sorting through emotional conflicts. They see their own commitments as self-evident and don't see the need to repeat something already expressed. They have the most difficulty in admitting their vulnerabilities. They feel the most appreciated when their partners admire the quality of their innovations and when they listen respectfully to their ideas and advice. They need plenty of quiet to explore their interests to the depth that gives them satisfaction.
The type summary: INTJ

Hmmm, I also thought some of the questions were skewed between N/S. The quiz was probably written out by an N - I've noticed that there seems to be an online trend for N bais towards S.
Not, of course, that I would ever choose to change myself into an S if I could.

ENFP - The Champion

You scored 75 I versus E, 20 N versus S, 0 F versus T, and 20 J versus P!

Your ideal mate is known as the champion. As a romantic partner, they need to talk about what is going on in their lives. They are strong supporters for their partner's efforts to grow and change and be happy. They need to feel that same support from their partners. Expressive, optimistic, and curious, they are eager to enjoy new experiences with their partners, whom they wish to be their confidant and soul mate, as well as play mate. They are uncomfortable sharing negative emotion, though, and tend to withdraw from confrontation and process their feelings privately. They feel most loved when their partner appreciates their creativity, accepts their uniqueness, and sees them as the compassionate person they are. They need to hear their partner tell them how much they mean to you and would love if you did thoughtful spontaneous things to demonstrate it.

I love ENFPs!! Hopefully they would be able to tolerate my judging and slight lack of spontaneity.

INTJ The Mastermind

You scored 25 I versus E, 0 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 100 J versus P!

Your ideal romantic partner is known as the Mastermind. As a romantic partner, this type can be both fascinating yet demanding. They are not apt to express their emotions, leaving their partners wondering where they are with them. They strongly dislike repeating themselves or listening to the disorganized process of sorting through emotional conflicts. They see their own commitments as self-evident and don't see the need to repeat something already expressed. They have the most difficulty in admitting their vulnerabilities. They feel the most appreciated when their partners admire the quality of their innovations and when they listen respectfully to their ideas and advice. They need plenty of quiet to explore their interests to the depth that gives them satisfaction.

I'm more of an F person myself, but I definitely have a soft spot for INTJ's.
I feel secure around INTJ's and can relate with their thinking patterns.

I wasn't actually expecting to get INFJ on this one, it was a bit of a surprise!

INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 25 I versus E, 20 N versus S, 20 F versus T, and 100 J versus P!
Your ideal romantic partner is known as the counselor. This type makes a supportive and insightful romantic partner, encouraging their mates to have dreams and work hard to make those dreams come true. Because they are so creative, they have a wealth of ideas to help them toward those goals. They need harmony so much that they are driven to resolve conflict quickly, as long as the terms don't violate their strong ethics. They feel the most appreciated when their partners admire their creativity, trust their inspirations, and respect their values. It is also vitally important that their partners be open and emotionally available - in other words, that they be willing to share themselves completely.

I wasn't actually expecting to get INFJ on this one, it was a bit of a surprise!

INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 25 I versus E, 20 N versus S, 20 F versus T, and 100 J versus P!
Ay baby, what'cha doing later tonight?
(oh wait, I'm an INFJ)
*sheepish grin, takes off in a hurried walk with head down and hands in pocket*

Ay baby, what'cha doing later tonight?
(oh wait, I'm an INFJ)
*sheepish grin, takes off in a hurried walk with head down and hands in pocket*

OH BABY!

ISTP - The Crafter

You scored 25 I versus E, 80 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 20 J versus P!
Your ideal partner is known as the Crafter. As a romantic partner, this type is calm and handy to have around when something goes wrong. They are very responsive to immediate and obvious needs in their partners, but are less comfortable with emotional ones. They are fun, playful, and adventurous. However, at their hearts, they are something of a loner and will resist exposing their private thoughts. They want to be appreciated for their ability to size up a problem and solve it quickly. They feel most appreciated when they are left to do their own thing spontaneously.

Interesting...

INFJ - The Counselor

I knew that already! I`d love to have an Infj! Wouldnt say no to an Enfj either though! Hehe.

ISTJ - The Inspector

You scored 50 I versus E, 60 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 60 J versus P!
Your ideal mate is known as the Inspector. As a romantic partner, this type is dependable and predictable. They usually like things done in very specific ways. They tend to appreciate tradition, and they work hard to achieve goals. They have trouble sharing their feelings, though. In their eagerness to be organized and productive, they can also be unwilling to examine or embrace alternative points of view. They like to be appreciated for their practical contributions, their common sense, and the efforts they make to keep your lives on track. They like to be thanked often, both informally and formally and are most likely to be upset when their partners forget a tradition they hold dear, such as an anniversary.

I don't like 2 answer tests. Multiple choice should always be 4-5 possible answers.
I also recall taking a similar test and it said INFJ was my ideal choice, I accepted that answer. I've never met a female INFJ or ISTJ in person, I figure I'd get along pretty well with another INFJ but I'm not quite so certain how well I'd get along with an ISTJ.

Last edited:
HelloQuizzy said:
Your result for The Best Personality Type for You Test ...
INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 0 I versus E, 0 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 60 J versus P!

I could have told you that without the test. I think the strong introversion may be the most important part.

My first (unrequited) love is the only confirmed INFJ I know, but her I and F preferences are not particularly strong. She is not as introverted as I'd like though. Sometimes she seems like an introvert but when we met yesterday for lunch (just as friends) was one of those times that she seemed to be in an extremely extroverted (and judging) mood. The first time that I saw her in the past five and half years she seemed more introspective, relatable, and empathetic, and just seeing her pulled me out of a depression. This time she was physically more attractive but her personality much less so, and I felt worse afterward rather than better. She did not seem to want to hear much about on saddening things that had happened lately (like my grandfather's death) and I felt somewhat judged for being too lazy and not ambitious enough. We also got into a political debate that seemed too much like an argument. (I care not for her full fledged Anarcho-Capitalism, her limited definition of force, or the idea that it is perfectly moral to claim and monopolize unowned land without giving anything back to society so long as one is strong enough to defend the claim, either alone or by hiring a private defense agency. She did not care for my Geo-Libertarian emphasis on the Lockean Proviso, the idea that one cannot claim a monopoly on a scarce natural resource without being indebted to recompensate those denied access to property. She also did not like my idea that citizenship should never be automatic but instead be a contract entered after testing to ensure informed consent, although we both support open borders and think the only problem with illegal immigration is unjust laws.)

I suspect that the almost girlfriend I had 5 years ago (this was just a couple months after I was rejected by my first love; I was not ready to move on and she had moved on before I first tried to contact her after the summer program ended.) was also an INFJ, but she tested as an ISFJ. She is extremely Introverted (on MyType she is the only person I've seen more introverted than myself) and also strongly Feeling, which I think is better for me. I can see some Si from her facebook (now that she is a wife and mother, and her politics seem to have become like those of the Tea Party), but in person back then she seemed like perhaps the most intuitive person I'd ever met.

The girl I've most recently been thinking of asking out reminds me a lot of the almost-first-girlfriend. She is obviously a very strong Introvert with very strong Extroverted Feeling. She seems quite intuitive, but I've been wrong about that before. (She is on the other end of the political spectrum, having worked on the Obama campaign and being currently employed by the Democratic Party. That could cause issues with such a partisan Republican as my INTJ father.)

Last edited:
INTJ The Mastermind
You scored 25 I versus E, 20 N versus S, 60 F versus T, and 80 J versus P!

The type summary: INTJ

-------

Mastermind?? It's no wonder i'm single..! At least it's somewhat justified now :)

And my INFJism was confirmed again.

I got INTP, the architect.

I kind of already knew that. But I love INTP's in general. I have a ton of INTP male friends.

Does everyone you ask agree to the 'take the test?' I asked a girl once and she thought I was weird for asking.

INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 50 I versus E, 40 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 80 J versus P!

INFJ - The Counselor

You scored 50 I versus E, 20 N versus S, 40 F versus T, and 100 J versus P!