Beauties talking beauty | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

For bigger eyes, eyeliner should be the thinnest in the inner corner to the middle of the eye, then increasingly thicker from middle to outer corner and elongated with a flicked wing. Lighter shadow in the middle of your eye contrasted with a subtle warmer, darker colour in the crease, give it more dimension. A high-lighting color in the corner of your eye and a light shadow lining your bottom-lash line also help the eye look larger.

But nothing opens up the eye more than a good eyelash curler primp and mascara combo.

Do you line your inner rim? Or just the outter?

I kind of get the feeling I've been applying eyeliner wrong for the last 10 years! hahaha

On my top line, I line right on my lash line.
On the bottom ,I line the inner rim, about up to a third in from the outer corner of my eye.

XD eye liner application took me three years of trial and error to get down.

this thread is going to cost me a lot of money!!

I really need this thread... I'm such a noob when it comes to beauty and I'm a girl! :m187:

Yes, I put it on the inner part of my eye. I do pull it down slightly but not too much or you get it smeared. I use q-tips for any part that starts to look messy or even to blend a bit if I want a softer line/look rather than the sharp line.

I dunno, it's just practice that makes it easier to know what looks good. I've experimented with various looks over the years and found the look I like best. I really dislike the "wings" on the edge look for people with small eyes though because it is really hard to do where it looks good IMO.

My sister has small eyes. When I do her eye makeup, I avoid doing a strong 'line" to the eyeliner and go for a more smudged/softer look, concentrating on the outer corners (top and bottom) leaving the area nearer the nose without liner. I then use a dark shade of eye shadow at the corners with a lighter contrasting color toward the nose area.

If you can manage it, when you place the eyeliner on your upper lid, you can get a bit more depth/wide look if you can angle the line slightly upward (toward your brow) from the corner of your eye as you line toward the middle. It can be hard though and works better if you blend it rather than make it look like a "line". This works better than creating "wings" past the outer edge of your eye if you ask me.

Liner is important to learn how to use but more important is being able to use shadow and highlights to make your natural angles work best for you. Some subtle highlighting with a light eye shadow in the inner eye with the darker contrast at the edges will make your eyes really pop.

Last edited:
I am fantastic at eyeliner. I don't wear it though. I am moving in a direction of wearing as little makeup as possible. That means a tinted moisturizer around the eyes and a dot here and there if there's a blotch, and some mascara. I can't be bothered with the rest. I also have fabulous skin, though, so I don't really have anything to cover up. If it sounds like I'm bragging it's because I am.

I used to wear eyeliner, cover my whole face in foundation, blush, pressed powder, fill in my eyebrows, wear too much mascara, etc. Now if I put on too much make up I think it actually makes me look ugly and disgusting and like I am trying too hard. Strangely, wearing more make up makes me self conscious. And I am good looking.

Now, as to the eyebrows I am finding I really just think the thick, full look of eyebrows is sexy.

Reactions: say what
Well, since we're discussing our usual beauty profiles...

On most days, I work from home, so I have the luxury of bumming around with no make-up and scaring the FedEx dude at the door when I sign off on deliveries. When I go into the office or if I’m meeting with a client, I usually do put on a face, though about 85% of my efforts go into my outfit and looking neat and tidy. I make sure my hair is nicely presented, my brows are trimmed, my nails are done and that the polish isn’t chipping in places. I’m especially meticulous about keeping my teeth white and smelling pleasantly but too strong or too cloying.

In general, I like to keep things classy and neutral during the day, but I’m careful not to look bland either. I always add an element or two that pops. An unusual shirt or shoe, a wacky nail colour, or unique ring or piece of jewelry. I don’t have the best skin, so I do use BB creams and spot treat whenever I go out in public, even if I don’t do anything else. Usually, I just do my eyes with eyeliner, mascara and pinky-beige and brown shadow.

If I’m going out at night, or if I’m on vacation somewhere, however, all bets are off. I do the works or summon my inner pole dancer with a Sephora giftcard and trot out all the bright colours, glitter, falsies and vibrant lipsticks in my arsenal and go to town.

I work pretty much alone in a very public place. I am extraordinarily vain even though I dress in battered work trousers and a solid (usually bright) colored tee shirt. I make a conscious effort to stand up straight and keep my shoulders back, showing off the squareness of my "jib". ( I keep my weight down and swim hours a week to maintain my stature). I doubt anyone realizes how much effort I put into looking the way I do.

I am fantastic at eyeliner. I don't wear it though. I am moving in a direction of wearing as little makeup as possible. That means a tinted moisturizer around the eyes and a dot here and there if there's a blotch, and some mascara. I can't be bothered with the rest. I also have fabulous skin, though, so I don't really have anything to cover up. If it sounds like I'm bragging it's because I am.

I used to wear eyeliner, cover my whole face in foundation, blush, pressed powder, fill in my eyebrows, wear too much mascara, etc. Now if I put on too much make up I think it actually makes me look ugly and disgusting and like I am trying too hard. Strangely, wearing more make up makes me self conscious. And I am good looking.

Now, as to the eyebrows I am finding I really just think the thick, full look of eyebrows is sexy.

Some of these parts sound exactly like something I'd say.

Ha! I am drunk and for boredom I clicked on this thread. I feel very out of place and exposed...

Seriously though, the first couple of posts and the only thing that popped into mind was, dont people pay a lot of money to curl their hair?

I feel out of place here. I don't dry or brush my hair. Usually a ponytail or down and wavy is the way to go. Easy easy lemon squeezy. I condition twice a week, and I use Paul Mitchell original or whatever it is. But I alternate shampoos, sometimes using my man's head and shoulders, cause it feels tingly and smells mediciney.

As far as makeup, well, I might wear it twice a month. I moisturize everyday, and I try to use some undereye concealer to avoid looking like I died yesterday. When I do wear a face, it's just lip gloss, liquid eyeliner, mascara, and a tiny bit of blush. I love eyeshadow and such, but I don't have the patience or skill, so if anyone has suggestions or tips for me, holler.

I come from a family of women who don't check the mail without being put together. I don't know what happened to me.

SpecialEdition said:
am fantastic at eyeliner. I don't wear it though. I am moving in a direction of wearing as little makeup as possible. That means a tinted moisturizer around the eyes and a dot here and there if there's a blotch, and some mascara. I can't be bothered with the rest. I also have fabulous skin, though, so I don't really have anything to cover up. If it sounds like I'm bragging it's because I am.<br />
<br />
I used to wear eyeliner, cover my whole face in foundation, blush, pressed powder, fill in my eyebrows, wear too much mascara, etc. Now if I put on too much make up I think it actually makes me look ugly and disgusting and like I am trying too hard. Strangely, wearing more make up makes me self conscious. And I am good looking.<br />
<br />

You go girl! I feel the same way about not using makeup to cover things up. Simple. Natural. A little makeup might make me look better and feel extra confident. Anything more and I feel fake. I feel like I actually look worse with the makeup on. I feel like I'm not being myself.

Now that I'm too old for acne, I don't need to cover anything up XD I actually like my freckles! Girl I don't like those ultra thin over plucked eyebrows either. Prominent dark eyebrows nicely shaped with a natural amount of thickness is just the sexiest thing on earth!

Last edited:
I tried a no sulphite shampoo today...and my hair feels so weird. It's like waxy and huge...like.....cavewoman huge!

Kind of resembles this:

2yno66s.jpg

And I don't like the feel of it!!

Just wanna talk about my favourite mascara for a moment. "They're Real" by benefit cosmetics is one of the best products that I've come across in a long while. I've got itty-bitty lashes, naturally. But this mascara makes my eyes pop. And to think, if I never got the sample baggie Sephora hands out once a year for your birthday, we would've never been introduced. The consistency and the brush is top-notch and the formula doesn't clump... even after weeks and weeks of use. The downside? The full monty is $29 a pop. The smaller size is about as much as your typical drugstore brand. But seriously? I think it's worth it.

Benefit-Theyre-Real-Mascara-UK.jpg

I even modeled it for you:

View attachment 21362View attachment 21363

I tried a no sulphite shampoo today...and my hair feels so weird. It's like waxy and huge...like.....cavewoman huge!

Kind of resembles this:

2yno66s.jpg

And I don't like the feel of it!!

Which shampoo?? Did you condition afterwards?