Beauties talking beauty | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

curious, anyone made a good homemade facial? If so, what did you use? How did it feel?

I have two homemade facials that I like to do regularly ^__^

1) Egg white & olive oil facial (Use real olive oil, not the fake stuff!)

I take one egg white and mix it with a bit of olive oil, and massage it on to my face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and voila, you face will feel a lot tighter and much more smooth :D (This mask is also amazing for your hair!)

2) Olive oil & Brown sugar facial scrub

This mask is great if you want to remove any blackheads and scrub away excess dirt. It leaves your skin with a glow!

It's important that you use REAL olive oil though (not the Bertolli stuff that you find at the grocery store). The fake olive oils can have nasty effects D:

Reactions: rawr and Gaze
Do you find the pain of getting professionally waxed to be worth it? Do you do it regularly? I am looking into abandoning razors in favour of being waxed but am terrified. Maybe because I tried doing it myself once and it was awful. lol.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Do you find the pain of getting professionally waxed to be worth it? Do you do it regularly? I am looking into abandoning razors in favour of being waxed but am terrified. Maybe because I tried doing it myself once and it was awful. lol.

I do a wax every month or so, and you get so used to it after a while the pain eventually stops. I personally think it's worth it cause I cannot upkeep my brows for shit xD I need someone else to do it for me. I hate shaving 'cause it takes up way too much of my time. Self waxing kits I find are wayy too messy. If you manage to find a reputable salon/spa I think it'd be worth it for you!

I only get waxed professionally (legs, bikini) when I'm going on vacation. Otherwise, I stick to good ol' razors. Any time I had my legs or other areas of my body waxed, it'd start growing in after about a week or two anyway, so really, I rather spend the extra two minutes in the shower than shell out $25-$40 for half a leg, arm and whatever extra for other body parts.

I personally don't find it worth it.

As for brows, I go to a lady that does threading every six weeks or so or until my shape starts getting funny ($4) and just do my best to maintain daily in between.

Hm. I think for the higher quality salons the price may not be worth it for me but I am interested in giving it a shot.

I don't have to have my eyebrows done as they just do what they do (what is in my profile pic is how they naturally are with zero maintenance). The razors I buy are over 20 dollars a box, though... So I guess the price may equal out.

You shouldn't keep makeup forever. Although nothing has expiration dates on it a good rule of thumb is a year for anything you use close to your eyes (liner and mascara) and two to three years on stuff like eye shadow/blush. Foundation and powder don't normally last for longer than a year anyway but you shouldn't keep it longer than 2 years I would think.

I do not have my nails done because they are weak and pathetic. I cut them short and keep them that way. They do not grow long without splitting and breaking. I don't really care about them anyway. I have made half hearted attempts to do the nail thing..using all the strengthening products, nail polish...meh. I get all OCD about it and end up hating nail polish. I'm like, oh god it's got a chip or it's got an impression in it...it doesn't look perfect...fix it!...oh god I messed it up worse....take it off...start over...oh god it's got a chip or it's got an impression in it...it doesn't look perfect...fix it!!!!

I dislike strange people touching me anyway so I doubt I would consider getting my body waxed by someone. LOL Natives aren't very hairy by nature, so I don't have a lot of body hair on my legs anyway. I have like 10 hairs growing under my arms...LOL I don't even have to wear deodorant because I also don't sweat a lot under my arms (face and hairline mostly when I get hot)..so no pit stains either.

Last edited:
How do you ladies spend the bulk of your money on cosmetics?

I used to be OK with buying just drug store brand products, but now that I wear a LOT less makeup I indulge and tend to spend a lot more. My foundation, mascara and blush products are all about $30 dollars each.

I spend too much money on things, but I use them daily. I figure that they last me, and so I don't mind spending money on products I really like and wear daily.

For foundation, I like to use Stila one step corrector

s1277474-main-hero.jpg

I find it's light (I hate wearing all over makeup, but this feels more like moisturiser).

Then I've recently found a power that I like: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder

s1594381-main-hero.jpg

I also have a Tarte concealer that I love.

And because I have albino eyebrows, I just recently got into filling them in. I like the look of powder, and found this nice duo from Sephora

s929786-main-hero.jpg

As for lips, I use a variety of products, but I actually really like the Revlon tinted balms. They're super easy, nice colour that lasts, and make my lips feel great!

For eye shadow and eye liner, I like to stick with Stila products- they're easy for me to use, I like their subtle colour, and they don't irritate my super sensitive eyes.

Other things: I have 2 moisturisers that I LIVE by.

Morning: Clarins

s1539394-main-hero.jpg

Night: NeoStrata

3716e6dc0d0f6196fada50a1c5b464e0_ra,w403,h403_pa,w403,h403.jpeg

^ Best thing I've ever used!!!

Reactions: sassafras
curious, anyone made a good homemade facial? If so, what did you use? How did it feel?

I have several. Even my bf has done them with me and they made his face super smooth and reduce pimples. I recommend them to all my girlfriends:

1) Nutmeg, Pure Honey, cinnamon: helps reduce inflammation, cleanse oil, and exfoliate. Massage it off gently as you wash it off.

2) Steam your face for 10-15 minutes to open up pores (especially pesky blackheads). Then make a 1 tbsp baking soda and mix with a bit of water for a paste. Keep it on until it dries (like 5-10 mins). Then take a slice of lemon, dab some honey on top and gently rub it across your face. You'll see the blackheads and whiteheads melt away. Its also a great toner.

3) Take a little coconut oil, splash it on your face with water and then wipe it off. Your face will feel butter smooth.

4) Take a lil honey, lil yogurt,and some oatmeal into a paste. Pat it on your skin. You will have to pat the oatmeal on it. Keep it on for 10-15 mins and you will see a MAJOR difference.

Reactions: Gaze
I used to buy expensive face masks but have toyed with the idea of trying a more organic DIY method. I will try those [MENTION=3799]bionic[/MENTION]

How do you ladies spend the bulk of your money on cosmetics?

I used to be OK with buying just drug store brand products, but now that I wear a LOT less makeup I indulge and tend to spend a lot more. My foundation, mascara and blush products are all about $30 dollars each.
Most of my Make up collection pieces come from gifts. When I do buy,there are things I will splurge on and things I will skimp on.

Splurge: Concealer($34) ,Cleanser,Moisturizer($25 together), Hair products($7-11 each)

Skimp: Mascara(8 dollars or less), eye makeup of all kinds,(6 dollars or less) nail polish,lip colour(6 dollars or less), blush (10 dollars or less)

I don't have to have my eyebrows done as they just do what they do (what is in my profile pic is how they naturally are with zero maintenance).

What!! :m063: You're so lucky, man! They have the perfect shape.

Now, if I didn't groom mine, I'd end up looking like a caveman.. Life is unfair~ haha

Now, if I didn't groom mine, I'd end up looking like a caveman.. Life is unfair~ haha

Yeah I don't know why it is. I just landed some good genetics somehow... Sometimes I pluck them because I like the feeling but that's very rare lol.

2) Steam your face for 10-15 minutes to open up pores (especially pesky blackheads). Then make a 1 tbsp baking soda and mix with a bit of water for a paste. Keep it on until it dries (like 5-10 mins). Then take a slice of lemon, dab some honey on top and gently rub it across your face. You'll see the blackheads and whiteheads melt away. Its also a great toner.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is amazing.

[MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION] re rep comment: I only use the neostrata 1-2 a week in the summer (I don't want to burn otherwise), and then 2-3 in the winter. I always use it at night though, as it's too heavy for a day cream.

I use the clarins every other day in the morning!

I really like the neostrata, I don't find it dries me out at all! I have combination skin, and it works great for me! I use level 2 (I know I posted 3), and it's really helped with my t-zone (which is awful!)

I've also been using Clarins for about 6 years now, and I really like it. I've switched between others, but found they were too heavy for my skin- Clarins is so light and isn't greasy at all!

I agree! [MENTION=7838]SpecialEdition[/MENTION] your eyebrows are gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

[MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] Neostrata is a great product, I agree (I actually repped for the line once upon a time), but it's more that you shouldn't be using ANY exfoliating product more than once or twice a week as the act of exfoliating can really dry you out if you do it too often. You mentioned in your post that you use all these products things daily, hence my rep comment.

Last edited:
[MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] Neostrata is a great product, I agree (I actually repped for the line once upon a time), but it's more that you shouldn't be using ANY exfoliating product more than once or twice a week as the act of exfoliating can really dry you out if you do it too often. You mentioned in your post that you use all these products things daily, hence my rep comment.

Oh yeah! That was my bad! The moisturisers were an after thought >.<

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it! Lord knows I need them!

I really like the homemade facial tips. But I'm curious if anyone found any negative side effects of putting some of these food items on their face?

I really like the homemade facial tips. But I'm curious if anyone found any negative side effects of putting some of these food items on their face?

I've stopped using stuff from the drugstore (except a body scrub and shampoo/conditioner from shea moisture... they're an organic company). I can honestly say that I see more change in my face by using organic stuff than when I used drugstore masks, cleansers, etc. I've been using these masks for years and haven't had any side effects. I would suggest saying away from using oils or foods on you're face you're allergic to. That would obviously give a side effect.

Reactions: Gaze