Beauties talking beauty | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

I really like the homemade facial tips. But I'm curious if anyone found any negative side effects of putting some of these food items on their face?

The only negatives I can think of is if you are actually allergic to any of the said food. Or if you're making a homemade exfoliating scrub. Sometimes the at-home scrubs can be way too harsh and damage the surface of the skin.

Doused my hair in coconut oil this weekend. Did not successfully wash it out lolol. We'll see how it feels today.

Its been quite a few years, but awhile back my mom got a book called "Save Your Money, Save Your Face"....can't remember the author's name. It had a lot of information about the beauty industry in in. Basically the beauty industry is unregulated. If we ate lipstick it would have a lot more research and data behind it. I'm sure it's changed a little since the early 90's but one of the most surprising things was about a dye called FD&C Red. This is the red food dye they used to put into red M&M's that they had to stop using in food because it causes cancer...almost every beauty product used it...or FD&C color dyes of some kind.

So this book had all sorts of natural remedies for stuff rather than stuff you buy. One of the most interesting things was about a natural astringent made with Sage. I found it interesting because a Pueblo Indian man I knew in college told me to fill a jar with water and sage and leave it out in the sun like sun tea and use it on my face to clear up the mild acne I had. I have also done the apple cider vinegar rinse to restore PH Balance to my hair...wonderful...especially if you can do it in cold water.

Natural or homeopathic remedies have less unnatural chemicals than the stuff you buy.

Reactions: barbad0s
[MENTION=9054]BrightWhiteHeart[/MENTION] I love it! You look really good in pinks. I love the NYX eyeshadow palette. It's $6 bucks and works just as great as Anastastia ipbrow. I got check out ELF though!

---

I have the first NAKED palette by Urban Decay but I'm not a big fan of it. I don't think bronzey shades work with my skintone since I'm more neutral and sometimes cool undertones. I'm thinking the 2nd palette is more for me but I really love the 3rd. It's a hard decision :(

Where do you get makeup revolution?

We're pretty limited here for anything (just got Forever 21 last month!)

Is it a drug store brand?!

I don't know if it all brands, but yeah, my experience is that mascara burns when it gets into your eyes, whether you're crying or not. The worse is when you get a clump and in your attempts to remove it, it falls right into your water line and you accidentally blink. Then its game over, because nothing is going to soothe it but removing all your make up and flushing out your eye with water.

So, that MAC mascara *BURNS LIKE FIRE IN THE EYES* when you cry. I'm not much of a crier... Before last night, I can't even remember the last time I cried. Probably some time in the past year, but, not often. In my many years of wearing mascara though, I'm sure I've cried while wearing it and I've NEVER had it sting/burn like last night. Imagine Lidocaine eye drops but without the numbing property. Just the burn. In the eyes. GAH!

Considering taking this one back.... even though, like I said, I'm not really a crier.... Admittedly, I *did* put the same kind on again today. In a rush, it was the one I grabbed on my way out the door. Bad move, as I'm still upset about last night. ):

What about you ladies? Does *all* mascara burn your eyes when you cry? Which brands are better or worse than others?

This is a first for me. ):

I have super sensitive eyes, and I find mascara irritates them. I just try to use a minimal amount. I like drugstore brands of mascara though- I find they apply easier, and just work better for me- I also don't want to dish out money on something that I hardly wear!

I used to use one of Ulta's Mascaras, but now I use a mineral based mascara from Pacifica, and it's very easy to put on and very gentle. It's like I don't even have it on.

I really like Sensai's 38C mascara! No panda eyes if crying or raining.

DON'T DO IT! lol.... seriously though... don't waste the $$$.

I've found really great 'dupes' for all the UD Naked Palettes ... well pigmented and pretty creamy. Under $10 each. Makeup Revolution London-->Palettes. I bought.... well.... I bought a lot... >_<

Their cream blush is also fabulous.

Gonna snap a few shots for you!

..brb))))

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. I'm very picky when it comes to my makeup. It has to be: 1. Gluten free 2. Cruelty Free 3. No parabens so I will have to look into the line. I've been thinking about getting a REVEALED palette from Coastal Scents (http://www.coastalscents.com/revealed-palette.html). They're a great brand that gives back to Ghana and other countries. They practice fair trade and their palettes have been called great dupes for the NAKED ones.

My Sephora is great though. They let me take back anything I don't like so I'll be taking back the NAKED palette and probably getting the 2nd one. Then I'll think about investing into a couple of other brands. I'm obsessed with the GALAXY CHIC palette from BHCosmetics (http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/galaxy-chic). They have sales and deals every week. You can get a 120 color palette for like 20.... and yes, they're VERY pigmented.

Since I'm gluten intolerant, I take it very seriously... even with my makeup and health products. I don't even like to use stuff with Vitamin E since most Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate) is derived from wheat germ oil. :| It sucks.

Last edited:
LOL, did I kill this thread?? :(

I've been using this Organic wear mascara by Physicians Formula (http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...d=183541&aid=339081&aparam=519723&kpid=519723). It's pretty amazing. I already have very long lashes but since I'm scared to use a lash curler and fuck up my lashes, I just use a coat or two to lift them up. This is definitely doing the trick. I also have sensitive eyes so I haven't had any issues with this. That's a big plus since my eyes get irritated with the THEY'RE REAL! mascara by benefit. I got this at ULTA for like 7 bucks with a coupon.

I've been using Clinque's CC cream which is more water based and has aloe and stuff in it. I find it very hydrating and it definitely masks a lot of redness I get ( I have dry, sensitive skin). It's super lightweight too. I've been applying it with my Sephora #45 brush but it just doesn't look as great and with my beauty blender, it's not as great either. :( So I brought the kabuki brush from Ecotools (http://www.ecotools.com/brushes/face-tools/sheer-finish-kabuki-brush) and omg it gives my skin such a glow. Here is some proofs: (Mind my brows, I'm growing them back in so I can change my shape a bit)

Been waning myself off of shampoo this week. I used to shampoo all of my hair, and just am using a smaller and smaller amount every day. Now I am up to using just enough to barely do the roots of my hair. Over the next week I'll cut down to shampooing every other day, and then flipping over to baking soda and water with a lemon juice rinse. Within the next 3 months (from what I've read) I should be able to go quite a long time without having to "cleanse," so to speak. I am booking myself an appointment next week to get my first real haircut in a very, very long time to chop off all the dead ends and just clean everything up, followed by a long coconut oil treatment.

My hair has a shit ton of volume as is, but this seems to keep it more tame.

I am really starting to stray from using anything with a lot of synthetic chemicals.

Been waning myself off of shampoo this week. I used to shampoo all of my hair, and just am using a smaller and smaller amount every day. Now I am up to using just enough to barely do the roots of my hair. Over the next week I'll cut down to shampooing every other day, and then flipping over to baking soda and water with a lemon juice rinse. Within the next 3 months (from what I've read) I should be able to go quite a long time without having to "cleanse," so to speak. I am booking myself an appointment next week to get my first real haircut in a very, very long time to chop off all the dead ends and just clean everything up, followed by a long coconut oil treatment.

I am really starting to stray from using anything with a lot of synthetic chemicals.

That works. I just went cold turkey since I wanted to see and didn't use shampoo for a few months.
I just washed it with hot water and made sure to massage my scalp properly whilst washing.
It was greasy for about a week then it was back to normal...a bit thicker if anything since it goes very fine after shampooing.
I think I used it again after going swimming or something when I needed something more industrial lol.

Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar to clarify? I suggest doing it after you get your hair cut. Also, you might want to "shampoo" your own hair before you get it cut since salons looovveeee to use shampoos and conditioners that strip hair of it's natural oils. :|

Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar to clarify? I suggest doing it after you get your hair cut. Also, you might want to "shampoo" your own hair before you get it cut since salons looovveeee to use shampoos and conditioners that strip hair of it's natural oils. :|

I have a bottle of apple cider vinegar at home but have never used it on my hair.

I always hate how my hair feels after getting it cut. It takes a few days for it to get back to "normal." I am going to ask them not to use any shampoo in it. I always tell them I don't want product, either. I don't give a shit if it's styled nicely or anything either lol. I just want it to be healthy.

I have a bottle of apple cider vinegar at home but have never used it on my hair.

I always hate how my hair feels after getting it cut. It takes a few days for it to get back to "normal." I am going to ask them not to use any shampoo in it. I always tell them I don't want product, either. I don't give a shit if it's styled nicely or anything either lol. I just want it to be healthy.

OMG, try it!!!... your hair will feel a thousand times softer and stronger. You can use it after the salon too.

Yeah I agree. I hate when they use their products on my hair. I notice it makes it much more oily. Plus it saves so much $$$ if they don't shampoo.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/01/6-ways-to-use-apple-cider-vinegar/

i always leave the salon with wet hair
there's no point in them trying to do anything with it because i'm only going to go home and fuck around with it until i like it again

Gotta say- I love the gold eyeliner look!!!

Okay so I struggle with my dry, sensitive skin. Up close, I have deep pores along my nose that create ridges so dirt easily get trapped in them. I plan to get some laser treatments on my skin in the far future to hopefully repair these gaps/scars 'cause I find them unsightly. I've been wanting to find something that might help with my uneven skin texture though and I swear on the world... that coconut oil works. I've been cleaning my face with it for the last 3 days and I see a huge difference. I've read so many articles on coconut oil and I've come to the conclusion that some people don't find that it clogs their pores and some people do. I guess it just depends on your skin. Thankfully for me, it does not.

It's definitely has changed the texture of my skin and has made it more smooth. I also no longer have a lot of redness so the tone of my skin is improving. I would do a before/after but I forgot to take a pic. :(

I've also have been oil pulling which helps whiten my tee, kill tarter, and help my gums. It has seriously changed my life and has whitened my teeth more than ever before. Here is a video on it:

[video=youtube;mL3NUJYycEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3NUJYycEw[/video]

Reactions: say what