Beauties talking beauty | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

No, going to braid those and present it to him as a gift displaying my love

Oh man, let me write that down. That's an excellent idea!

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] What about your pootie tang???

I went today at random for my first ever pedicure. How is it that I've never done this before?

I went today at random for my first ever pedicure. How is it that I've never done this before?

I went for my first one back in March, and I share the same sentiment. I did NOT want it to ever end :)

Anyone use Clarisonic?

I indulged in some new facial cleansers and lotion the other day. I also bought a brow kit to fill them in a bit. I notice that one of my brows tends to grow thicker than the other so they always look a bit weird. Now they are 100% perfect.

I have just been feeling the desire to indulge myself in beauty stuff lately. Sometimes this happens.

My hair is trained back on shampoo now. It was a bit sketchy but I am comfortable going 2-3 days without shampoo now which is really nice, and even when I DO use it I use a very minimal amount. My hair is much better now.

Anyone use Clarisonic?

I indulged in some new facial cleansers and lotion the other day. I also bought a brow kit to fill them in a bit. I notice that one of my brows tends to grow thicker than the other so they always look a bit weird. Now they are 100% perfect.

I have just been feeling the desire to indulge myself in beauty stuff lately. Sometimes this happens.

My hair is trained back on shampoo now. It was a bit sketchy but I am comfortable going 2-3 days without shampoo now which is really nice, and even when I DO use it I use a very minimal amount. My hair is much better now.

I use this dupe http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/olay-prox-advanced-cleansing-system/ID=prod6041301-product from OLAY and it's really good. It's like 80% less than the price of Clarisonic at 30 bucks but I've seen it in some stores like Walmart and CVS for 20.

What brow kit did you get?

BTW, Pedicures are the best! Super relaxing. Although, I'll only go if my legs are shaved. I don't want the women looking at me like Im a hairy beast.

Funny you ladies are talking about hair. I'm getting really annoyed with mine as of late.

I could usually go about two or three days without washing it, but lately, my hair seems more oily than usual. I fight the good fight and refuse to give into daily washing and just wear it in a pony most of the time, but it's starting to get a little out of hand now.

I've been using the same shampoo for months and nothing has really changed about my diet. Is it time I switched shampoos?

I'm currently using Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner. I used to use the Argan Oil along with it, but lately, my hair gets so greasy so fast, I forego it all together.

marc_anthony_oil_of_morocco.png

Any recommendations? I don't want to spend a crazy amount on shampoo, but I also want something that's sulfate and paraban free that works. The max I'll go is about $14 USD.

Note: My hair is currently coloured with lots of low lights and a few piece-y highlights. I've taken a 4 month break from colouring it, but I will have to get it done again soon. I have about zero volume and my hair is thin, but I have got a LOT of it.

Funny you ladies are talking about hair. I'm getting really annoyed with mine as of late.

I could usually go about two or three days without washing it, but lately, my hair seems more oily than usual. I fight the good fight and refuse to give into daily washing and just wear it in a pony most of the time, but it's starting to get a little out of hand now.

I've been using the same shampoo for months and nothing has really changed about my diet. Is it time I switched shampoos?

I'm currently using Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner. I used to use the Argan Oil along with it, but lately, my hair gets so greasy so fast, I forego it all together.

Any recommendations? I don't want to spend a crazy amount on shampoo, but I also want something that's sulfate and paraban free that works. The max I'll go is about $14 USD.

Note: My hair is currently coloured with lots of low lights and a few piece-y highlights.

I think a lot of it has to do with the summer and constant heat. Especially if you live in a humid climate, it can cause a lot of oil buildup. I've had to switch my shampoo/conditioner cause of this. I definitely suggest using a shampoo and conditioner that is lighter in consistency and doesn't have argan oil. It's already a thick oil so that can be another thing that is weighing it down. I would use this during the winter/late fall instead. Is your hair more fine or thick?

I use this dupe http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/olay-prox-advanced-cleansing-system/ID=prod6041301-product from OLAY and it's really good. It's like 80% less than the price of Clarisonic at 30 bucks but I've seen it in some stores like Walmart and CVS for 20.

What brow kit did you get?

BTW, Pedicures are the best! Super relaxing. Although, I'll only go if my legs are shaved. I don't want the women looking at me like Im a hairy beast.

I get the feeling that these women have seen some shit lolol. They do waxing and the whole bit there, too. I don't think they would be offended by hairy legs haha. It was a sort of spur of the moment choice. I had shaved that day so was not too worried.

I am not too concerned about price, honestly. I have not read a single truly bad review of the Clarisonic. I will probably end up with it in a few weeks... after I pay off my latest spending spree.

The kit I picked up from Sephora. http://www.sephora.com/bulletproof-brows-P384063?skuId=1578038

That's the one I grabbed. My eyebrows need next to no maintenance they just don't fill themselves in well. This seemed like a nice basic thing and came with the little tools, so it was perfect. And the colour suits me really well. I like my brows to be a shade or two darker than my hair and the colour was spot on!

Reactions: Odyne

Note: My hair is currently coloured with lots of low lights and a few piece-y highlights. I've taken a 4 month break from colouring it, but I will have to get it done again soon. I have about zero volume and my hair is thin, but I have got a LOT of it.

I use an Aloe Vera shampoo by Jason. http://www.jason-personalcare.com/product/aloe-shampoo

I thought it was a good idea to trim my hair.
2 hours later....I have homemade bangs.

Still not sure if I should pay to have someone touch them up or not....I also haven't had bangs since like....grade school!

16708_10100443088025789_8764605082225050236_n.jpg

The more I look at them...the more uneven they become! But the more I trim...the shorter they get!!

Gah! Why is the thumbs down button so sticky on the ipad? Thumbs up, you malignant such-and-such. THUMBS UP! THUMBS UP x 1,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...

I love the bangs on you, my lovely. They suit your face and really bring out your eyes. Kudos for being brave enough to DIY! But nothing ventured, nothing gained. You look awesome!

Reactions: say what
I LOVE them [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION]!

They really do frame your face nicely

Reactions: say what and rawr
I've spent at least 1500 in the last month on various things. Such as:

Eyebrow kit
Foundation
Face wash/moisturizers/toners
Clothing
Pedicure
Highlights and Hair cut
etc

This is insanity. However, my hair turned out fabulous. I got some highlights and some lowlights done. I got a proper cut and style. It looks fabulous.

I am trying to remember at what point I stopped glamming myself up. That is to say, why did I think I felt okay walking around with frizzy out of control hair and wearing cheap ass clothing that shrinks into a square shape? I kept telling myself I'd wait until I'd lost enough weight or until X, Y and Z happened. Next thing I knew I was sloppy and not feeling very sexy or confident at all. Don't get me wrong, I've never thought I was ugly, but I notice a distinct bounce in my step when I take the time to take care of myself, to do my hair, to put a little extra mascara on and actually get in a routine of pampering myself once in a while.

I don't know why I've spent so many years just not caring when I used to always love wearing something nice, doing my hair, etc.