Beauties talking beauty | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

I've become fanatical about this. I've done it every night three nights in a row. My skin feels baby soft. Last night as I steaming veggies, and I realized that if I smell the food in the steam then some nutrients are lost. I hate wasting anything. So every time I lift the lid I put my face above the pot to get a little mini steam facial treatment. I assume the nutrients are getting absorbed by my skin. The fine lines are still there, but it's only been three days. Give me two weeks. I bet those baby lines will be gone. If not by then, then in a couple months. If not, I'm considering the laser treatment.
Now I just need sunscreen I can trust. I don't like products sold in stores. Can I make my own?

I've become fanatical about this. I've done it every night three nights in a row. My skin feels baby soft. Last night as I steaming veggies, and I realized that if I smell the food in the steam then some nutrients are lost. I hate wasting anything. So every time I lift the lid I put my face above the pot to get a little mini steam facial treatment. I assume the nutrients are getting absorbed by my skin. The fine lines are still there, but it's only been three days. Give me two weeks. I bet those baby lines will be gone. If not by then, then in a couple months. If not, I'm considering the laser treatment.
Now I just need sunscreen I can trust. I don't like products sold in stores. Can I make my own?

Yeah definitely! Sounds like you go it down pat. Steaming veggies is fine though, it actually hold more nutrients/minerals than sautéing or barbecuing.

An Esthetician told me that steaming your face every night if you have wrinkles/acne/or clogged pores is really great but I was told by an esthetician that it should only be done for the first week every day. Then afterwards, its best to do it 2-3 days in between. It will really dislodge all the crap under your skin, soften the texture, and brighten/tone it. But she told me that its not good for skin that has eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis since it can really irritate it.

This might help with SPF: http://www.indianbeautyspot.com/2014/03/natural-spf-wit-oil.html#_

Also, I know that Argan oil has 47-50 SPF but I suggest looking into other oils and their SPF. Also, make sure the oils are not comedogenic!!

Have any of you had luck removing skin tags with onion juice? Let's say it's not an easy to reach spot, and the tie off method would be impossible at that hard to reach angle. So other home remedies are what I'm looking at. I have thuja, but that is more for warts, which are different.

I will have to read this thread fully but I am interested in passing on tips!

Ok, I transitioned out of wearing foundation by applying honey to my skin and leaving it overnight, Manuka honey is the best. I also drank this in hot water which helped me bounce back into shape after a period of serious illness (I gained a muffin top during this period). I also used a bee venom toner and face mask which was fab but now I have settled into using a product called TEND SKIN. It stings like fuck and is meant for ingrowing hairs (yes, I have them on my chin) but basically this product seems to aid the removal of the dead top layers of skin. It-is-the-shit.

That's it really. Wrinkles don't run in the family. Consensus at work is that I look about 26 years old, which is odd as I have a 25 year old and I am 42 but people do not believe me, at all x

I will have to read this thread fully but I am interested in passing on tips!

Ok, I transitioned out of wearing foundation by applying honey to my skin and leaving it overnight, Manuka honey is the best. I also drank this in hot water which helped me bounce back into shape after a period of serious illness (I gained a muffin top during this period). I also used a bee venom toner and face mask which was fab but now I have settled into using a product called TEND SKIN. It stings like fuck and is meant for ingrowing hairs (yes, I have them on my chin) but basically this product seems to aid the removal of the dead top layers of skin. It-is-the-shit.

That's it really. Wrinkles don't run in the family. Consensus at work is that I look about 26 years old, which is odd as I have a 25 year old and I am 42 but people do not believe me, at all x

Bee venom toner??? Whaaaaa? This does not sound safe at all. What brand is it and is it legal?

I've used snail slime cream before. Pretty good stuff

It had no fragrance =]

Well, I'd try it, lol. I have gone all my life without a beauty regime but it is quite nice to have one now x

.. and face mask. Yep it's legal. Look it up on Amazon. Don't use if you are allergic to bee venom, lol x

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style...nom-facial-the-answer-to-younger-looking-skin

This is so fucked up.

The concern I have as a beekeeper is that they're taking stingers from the honeybees (which kills them) and they're putting this into "beauty products". Honeybees are already threatened as it is by a lot of man-made factors. Bee venom is not a typical thing you would put on your skin. There are a lot of rumors out there that it can help with arthritis and crap but it's not safe to continually use on yourself. Especially if you're allergic to honeybees. Even if you aren't allergic and are in good health, using this stuff everyday is literally putting poison and stress in your body. You can go into anaphylaxis shock. Did you know that the sting of a honeybee can be just as powerful as snake venom?

This is not safe at all and should not be on the market. :/

This is so fucked up.

The concern I have as a beekeeper is that they're taking stingers from the honeybees (which kills them) and they're putting this into "beauty products". Honeybees are already threatened as it is by a lot of man-made factors. Bee venom is not a typical thing you would put on your skin. There are a lot of rumors out there that it can help with arthritis and crap but it's not safe to continually use on yourself. Especially if you're allergic to honeybees. Even if you aren't allergic and are in good health, using this stuff everyday is literally putting poison and stress in your body. You can go into anaphylaxis shock. Did you know that the sting of a honeybee can be just as powerful as snake venom?

This is not safe at all and should not be on the market. :/

Well, I don't know if you have a naturally alarmist nature but no, the process doesn't have to end in the death of bee colonies.. but I am ok with you thinking this, if this is your natural leaning.

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/bee-venom-beauty-trend-killing-bees

I would be interested in hearing a different view point though but may stay out of it if it is a bonding ritual between peers which I have no need for x

Well, I don't know if you have a naturally alarmist nature but no, the process doesn't have to end in the death of bee colonies.. but I am ok with you thinking this, if this is your natural leaning.

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/bee-venom-beauty-trend-killing-bees

I would be interested in hearing a different view point though but may stay out of it if it is a bonding ritual between peers which I have no need for x

That's not what I'm saying at all, did you even read my post? I'm not gonna sit here and agree to some BS magazine that pays fake "beekeepers" to agree to information so it can make women who use this crap feel like this is okay.

What they're doing to create these products is taking honeybees and electrically shocking them so they sting. Do you seriously think it doesn't harm them? Of course it does. And how much of this product are they making in a day? 1,000s.... so that can be up to half a colony of bees a day just to make some stupid beauty product for the sake of vanity. Plus, they're putting this product on the market that can kill 1,000s of people who can be unaware of their allergy to bees and it can cause DEATH. Is that worth it for vanity? I think not.

It is not just colony collapse disorder affecting bees. It is also procedures like this, mites, the climate change, overpopulation, and just plain ol' ignorance. Using products like honey, bee pollen, and propolis (which isn't really effective imo) is fine because taking this from their hives does not kill them and beekeepers like me and my boyfriend leave enough of honey & their goods to last them throughout the winter.

I'm alarmed because I care very passionately about bees. I am a beekeeper and I'm not giving you crap information here. They are my and my boyfriend's livelihood and it effects anyone who is on this plant.

Without honeybees and other bees, you would not have vegetables, fruits, or even meat on your plates. So by using these products, you are not only putting bees lives at risk but you are also putting your own. Is that even worth it?

That's not what I'm saying at all, did you even read my post? I'm not gonna sit here and agree to some BS magazine that pays fake "beekeepers" to agree to information so it can make women who use crap feel like this is okay.

What they're doing to create these products is taking honeybees and electrically shocking them so they sting. Do you seriously think it doesn't harm them? Of course it does. And how much of this product are they making in a day? 1,000s.... so that can be up to half a colony of bees a day just to make some stupid beauty product for the sake of vanity. Plus, they're putting this product on the market that can kill 1,000s of people who can be unaware of their allergy to bees and it can cause DEATH. Is that worth it for vanity? I think not.

It is not just colony collapse disorder affecting bees. It is also procedures like this, mites, the climate change, overpopulation, and just plain ol' ignorance. Using products like honey, bee pollen, and propolis (which isn't really effective imo) is fine because taking this from their hives does not kill them and beekeepers like me and my boyfriend leave enough of honey & their goods to last them throughout the winter.

I'm alarmed because I care very passionately about bees. I am a beekeeper and I'm not giving you crap information here. They are my and my boyfriend's livelihood and it effects anyone who is on this plant.

Without honeybees and other bees, you would not have vegetables, fruits, or even meat on your plates. So by using these products, you are not only putting bees lives at risk but you are also putting your own. Is that even worth it?

As I said, I would be interested in hearing a different view, hence the other article posted which goes into more detail. Put simply, are you stating the electronic, non death method used to extract the venom isn't true? I have no interest in your view that the the process does not work as you seem to not have tried it based on your own moral leanings. Do you have any knowledge the bees are being hurt in your experience as an alleged bee keeper? Not trying to be offensive as I have no need for that.

I am trying one last time to garner any pertinent information, then I will leave you to it. Such is life.