Beauties talking beauty | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

*Delta hopes Bionic comes up with something interesting.

As I said, I would be interested in hearing a different view, hence the other article posted which goes into more detail. Put simply, are you stating the electronic, non death method used to extract the venom isn't true? I have no interest in your view that the the process does not work as you seem to not have tried it based on your own moral leanings. Do you have any knowledge the bees are being hurt in your experience as an alleged bee keeper? Not trying to be offensive as I have no need for that.

I am trying one last time to garner any pertinent information, then I will leave you to it. Such is life.

You are honestly not making any sense. I have given you tons of information in my last posts. Why would I choose to harm bees or ANY living creature? Do you seriously think electrically shocking bees is okay? You're killing off a creature that helps pollinate your environment and keeps food on the table. I don't understand how anybody could believe it's okay. You're buying "beauty products" that are killing off an endangered species. That's like buying a coat that was made from the fur of snow leopards. It is morally wrong.

You are being offensive by calling me an alleged beekeeper and trying to discredit me.

Reactions: SealHammer
You are honestly not making any sense. I have given you tons of information in my last posts. Why would I choose to harm bees or ANY living creature? Do you seriously think electrically shocking bees is okay? You're killing off a creature that helps pollinate your environment and keeps food on the table. I don't understand how anybody could believe it's okay. You're buying "beauty products" that are killing off an endangered species. That's like buying a coat that was made from the fur of snow leopards. It is morally wrong.

You are being offensive by calling me an alleged beekeeper and trying to discredit me.

Ok, thanks for your time on this matter. I can't get any further with you. I will put it down to cultural differences of expression and clear understanding. If you can't see my line of interest, you can't see it. It is clear to me and that is all which matters. All the best Bionic x

Last edited:
Back on topic. Plucking or waxing? Never waxed, ever. Seems like self harm x

Wow. Who knew a beauty thread could deteriorate so quickly?

Okay, so I will be posting something I hope will be both neutral and helpful. I recently purchased a BellaFace and love it. It reduces pore size and regenerates collagen. I think I paid around 130 USD or so.

Back on topic. Plucking or waxing? Never waxed, ever. Seems like self harm x

Eyebrows? Both waxing and plucking but relatively lucky that I am decidedly not hairy. Legs/arms/bikini? Ouch.

Last edited:
Wow. Who knew a beauty thread could deteriorate so quickly?

Okay, so I will be posting something I hope will be both neutral and helpful. I recently purchased a BellaFace and love it. It reduces pore size and regenerates collagen. I think I paid around 130 USD or so.

What is a bellaface? Can you tell us more about it?

What is a bellaface? Can you tell us more about it?

It's a handheld device that uses red light. It is made by Silk'n. You can google it. Some people don't like it but I think it works really well, like a spa treatment. I don't have a lot of wrinkles yet (only when I smile) but I definitely see a difference in my skin tone and texture.

I recently gave up using store bought shampoos/conditioners and soaps due to the high amount of sulfates (detergents) that strip the hair and skin of it's natural oils and replaces it with "fake" silicone fillers found in conditioners and moisturizing creams. But my main reason has been that most of the chemicals in commercial beauty products cause cancer in the long run and hormonal imbalances. I decided to go all natural with my beauty products. Anyone has gone this route?

I am using various organic soaps and shampoos that only have about 4 or 5 ingredients in them. So far I noticed my hair is not falling out as much; less dry and my skin is not experiencing dry combination imbalances due to inbalanced ph levels on my skin and scalp.

I've heard of Argan oil, my cousin uses products with it. I really need a good face and hand moisturizer. My hands get dry very easily and I tend to use a lot of cheap store bought lotions, which don't really work long term. They usually feel greasy, slimy, etc. and don't last. Especially since the weather is a little cooler, I'm interested in recommendations for inexpensive but effective hand lotions and facial moisturizers.

The solution that is working for my skin tags is onion juice. And boy, does it work fast.

The Body Shop products smell divine. *__* Sadly just not good for sensitive and atopic skin. Does anyone else like Body Shop here?

Reactions: Switchgirl
I've heard of Argan oil, my cousin uses products with it. I really need a good face and hand moisturizer. My hands get dry very easily and I tend to use a lot of cheap store bought lotions, which don't really work long term. They usually feel greasy, slimy, etc. and don't last. Especially since the weather is a little cooler, I'm interested in recommendations for inexpensive but effective hand lotions and facial moisturizers.

I started using Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Facial Cleansing Milk for facewash and it is very gentle and leaves my skin soft and not dry afterwards. perfect for winter months.

Christina Moss Naturals Moisturizer- i use for as a moisturizer. it's organic and feels very gentle and absorbs well into the skin. It does have a smell of licorice but i don't mind it. the smell goes away after a while.

I found both from amazon and they were reasonably priced.

If you don't mind spending a little more L'Occitane Provence hand creams are very good. I buy them as gifts and many people love it. smells good and really does moisturize the skin.

For cheaper alternative I got O'Keefe's Working Hands cream for my boyfriend who gets bad calluses during winter months. Its a little heavy duty and is in most pharmacies but it does work very well.

Reactions: Gaze
I started using Avalon Organics CoQ10 Repair Facial Cleansing Milk for facewash and it is very gentle and leaves my skin soft and not dry afterwards. perfect for winter months.

Christina Moss Naturals Moisturizer- i use for as a moisturizer. it's organic and feels very gentle and absorbs well into the skin. It does have a smell of licorice but i don't mind it. the smell goes away after a while.

I found both from amazon and they were reasonably priced.

If you don't mind spending a little more L'Occitane Provence hand creams are very good. I buy them as gifts and many people love it. smells good and really does moisturize the skin.

For cheaper alternative I got O'Keefe's Working Hands cream for my boyfriend who gets bad calluses during winter months. Its a little heavy duty and is in most pharmacies but it does work very well.

Great suggestions. I like the idea of the milk based cream. Checked out prices on amazon for Avalon facial cream, and I'm planning to try it. O'Keefe's may also be the next on my list. At least there are more options. Thanks.

I'm convinced that people who know how to apply liquid eyeliner flawlessly are wizards.

Also, false lashes.

Any time I attempt either one, the end result for me is always:

1393.jpg

good point bringing up hand moisterizer. most don't think to do the backs of their hands, as well as neck and chest.

So how exactly do you use the Tend skin product? How often? Diluted at all? Just dab it on I would guess.

• think for yourself
  • take care of yourself
  • don't bother other people
  • don't be annoying

I'm convinced that people who know how to apply liquid eyeliner flawlessly are wizards.

Also, false lashes.

Any time I attempt either one, the end result for me is always:

1393.jpg

I used to do the liquid eyeliner. I wear contacts and have somewhat sensitive eyes so the pencil has always been too painful for me. When it's all you have you learn to adjust to it and figure it out. Fortunately about a year ago I found elf's cream eyeliner at walmart and it makes for a much better compromise.

I can't say I've ever done false lashes, however. I have naturally long eyelashes so I've never needed it, I guess. And how do those eyelash curlers even work? I'm so confused every time I see them lol.