Beauties talking beauty | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Beauties talking beauty

All this talk of makeup is making me feel super lazy. I slap on sunscreen and go.

Speaking of sunscreen, you better wear it!!

OHHH I also need to try that Shea Moisture line. That and ouidad.

I am eax de naturel . . . in terms of face and hair. I still don't wear makeup even if I go out. But I wish I wore foundation more often. It would even out my complexion and soften some of the spots. Give a smoother look. Not a fan of makeup which calls too much attention to my face. I like to blend in, so not comfortable with features standing out too much. On a good day, I've been told I have a pretty face, however round like the sun it seems to be :D. I think I wouldn't mind wearing more eye shadow too. The most I wear is lip gloss because my lips get dry easily. Any recommendations for good lip gloss brands?

I like EOS for a super simple balm!

I'm more of a liptint or lipstick gal- I find my hair gets stuck in the gloss and just isn't really for me.

I received a sample of a Tarte lip balm at christmas, and it's my go to right now!

1443.jpg

Everybody goes crazy over those NYX butter glosses stuff like on YouTube (the girls who like makeup and do reviews).

Me personally, I think they're pretty good for $6, they smell like cake batter and their shiny and buttery, of course!
It comes out goopy though and reveals cracks on your lips so always use lip balm!

Even if you're not wearing makeup, lip balm is the way to go. There's nothing cool about dry and peely lips!

Burt's Bees for lip balm. I used to use Carmex all the time but changed to Burt's...love it.

I don't wear a lot of makeup at all. Just some powder (covergirl) if I remember to put it on, and eyeliner (black pencil). My hair is also brush and go. I can do all the fancy stuff but I'm too lazy to want to spend too much time on using makeup. I am however, an expert at eyeliner which I feel naked and washed out when I don't wear it.

Not really a makeup expert, but lately I've noticed I've become OCD about moisturising... body lotion, hand lotion, anti-ageing cream, night hair conditioner, lip balm and sunscreen in the summer. :tongue: I think for me its not about enhancing but keeping everything in tact as you get older :laugh:

Scratch what I said above. I freaking love lipstick. I wear it very, very often with my slap of sunscreen. My favorite color is purple. I recently bought orange too. AHHHH those orange maybelline bottles are a favorite of mine...They stay on so well.

Burt's Bee's is the best chapstick! The pomegranate is my favorite because it has just a hint of color. Baby Lips I like too...I just bought one of those a few days ago in the rose color.

I am however, an expert at eyeliner which I feel naked and washed out when I don't wear it.

Ooo! OOO!! Share your wisdom!!!!!

I'm just getting into it!

Scratch what I said above. I freaking love lipstick. I wear it very, very often with my slap of sunscreen. My favorite color is purple. I recently bought orange too. AHHHH those orange maybelline bottles are a favorite of mine...They stay on so well.

Burt's Bee's is the best chapstick! The pomegranate is my favorite because it has just a hint of color. Baby Lips I like too...I just bought one of those a few days ago in the rose color.

I'm obsessed with lipstick - but don't get to wear it too often. I find school/work is too conservative for it. Although, there are some days I just rock a bold lip!

I'm really into the purple too! Although, I kind of like the nude look- does something interesting to your face!

I'm obsessed with lipstick - but don't get to wear it too often. I find school/work is too conservative for it. Although, there are some days I just rock a bold lip!

I'm really into the purple too! Although, I kind of like the nude look- does something interesting to your face!

I wear it to school as well as church. I dress rather conservatively though, so I think it offsets the boldness of my lips. I have yet to try a nude lipstick. I always feel like it would wash me out, or worse, make me look like Kim Kardashian.

I whole heartedly second the opinion on NYX lipglosses and EOS lipbalms. For the price, the quality is excellent and they look damn good.

I usually hate wearing stuff on my lips because most lip things have that weird lipstick smell or they feel like I've outlined my mouth in caramelized sugar. But NYX is my exception.

Trouble is, I have a penchant for losing my lipstuffs to the individualized portals to Narnia that are my purses, my coats and pant pockets, and other storage compartments between my house, car and work. I keep buying lipglosses but I can never seem to find them when I need them, so I buy more. They're like socks in the dryer for me. I never know where they go.

As for creating the appearance of an even skin tone, BB creams are a very light-weight, low maintenance, all-in-one face product that do wonders for smoothing everything out without looking caked on. I thank [MENTION=9054]BrightWhiteHeart[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] for introducing me to the concept.

yeah, I'm always losing my lip gloss. :D I probably have a ton around the place.

Do BB creams replace foundation and powder? Or just foundation?

Ooo! OOO!! Share your wisdom!!!!!

I'm just getting into it!

Perhaps I should of said that I'm an expert at putting it on my own eyes! I used to wear Maybelline liquid eyeliner but they changed the formula several years ago and now it doesn't stay as well and it irritates my eyes. I loved the crisp look of the liquid black line. I use Maybelline black pencils.
300.jpg

I use a lighter and heat the tip a little bit. You just want to pass the pencil through the flame for a short time, not hold it there. It softens it up and it glides on easier. If you heat it too much, it will glop on your eye when you go to apply it. I follow the inner lid of my upper and lower eye. I also apply it halfway on my outer lid above my eyelashes. I have nice wide eyes so the eyeliner on the bottom and top don't make them look small. Like I said I feel nekkid without it.

If you have small eyes you shouldn't apply it to both lids. Sometimes blending it outside your lashes on the top from the middle to the outer edge will make your eyes appear wider and look good. Sometimes doing the same thing but on the bottom looks better. Often it is a matter of just fooling around and noticing which looks better.

If I want to really do my eyes up I will add mascara and some eye shadow to the lid but during the summer months here in Kansas, the less makeup the better with the cruddy humidity. I also don't wear foundation. I hates it. So I go for powder. My normal routine takes less than 5 minutes. Eyeliner, powder, brush hair, go.
eyes.jpg

[MENTION=3096]Nixie[/MENTION]

Thank you!!

I have really small eyes, so I suppose it's good that I stick to just the upper lid. Also, I always line right above my lashes, rather than the inner part of the lid. How do you do that? Do you pull it up a little? I always find my eyes get irritated, and I figure I'm doing it wrong!

[MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION]

If your inner rim can take it, a trick I use when I want to make my eyes appear "doe-like" is taking nude coloured eyeliner and lining my inner rim. I also sometimes blend some white around the corners of my eyes.

[MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] - BB creams are Blemish Balms - created by plastic surgeons to help aid people who have scars, plastic surgery irritations, burns and any skin problems that occurs after surgery. It's sole intent initially was to help in the healing process of damaged skin; now they are making it a normal part of makeup routines. It is very popular in Asia and Koreans make the best BB creams. BB creams are not the same as tinted moisturizers which is what the American BB creams are all about. Authentic BB creams usually come with high spf protection and various healing elements and most importantly it conforms to your natural skin tone after applying. It can replace foundation as I use Misha BB creams throughoutt he summer due to it's high spf properties and does not clog my pores. It is very thick though so I combine it with Clinique moisturizer to make it more easier to apply. You can apply powder over it or keep it powder free. it depends how oily your skin is; Missha BB cream dries matte and I don't use powder.

I have yet to find american BB cream that is not a tinted moisturizer.

I see a lot of people posting things about makeup, hair, nails, etc. and thought instead of creeping around on people's blogs, maybe we could have a place where we post questions, tips, photos, etc.

Great Thread! - Every women should at least make an effort to learn to bring out their best features with makeup and beauty routines. Not to mention studies show that women who wear makeup make 30% more doing the same job as a woman who does not wear makeup. I'm also up for the au-natural makeup free look but there is a distinct advantage to highlighting our features with makeup.

Great Thread! - Every women should at least make an effort to learn to bring out their best features with makeup and beauty routines. Not to mention studies show that women who wear makeup make 30% more doing the same job as a woman who does not wear makeup. I'm also up for the au-natural makeup free look but there is a distinct advantage to highlighting our features with makeup.

I wear a lot more makeup now than I use to- and I notice a difference in how I act and how much more respect I get - I think it shows a little be of preparation. That being said, i think the au-natural look is great too- but I think makeup does add a bit of an 'umph' to a woman's look!

I'm glad you mentioned that BB creams are just tinted moisturisers here, because to me, that's what they seem to be. I have a cheap drugstore one and never found it gave me much coverage and didn't think it was worth the hassle.

I've only recently gotten into full face coverage - foundation, concealer, powder - and I have to say, I notice a MASSIVE difference to my look now...I don't know why I waited so long!!

[MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION]

If your inner rim can take it, a trick I use when I want to make my eyes appear "doe-like" is taking nude coloured eyeliner and lining my inner rim. I also sometimes blend some white around the corners of my eyes.

Do you line your inner rim? Or just the outter?

I kind of get the feeling I've been applying eyeliner wrong for the last 10 years! hahaha

Yea I agree. We live in a hyper visual world and how we are perceived and how we present ourselves have strong impact on how others treat us. Of course when it is all done with class and cleanliness.