Astrology | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Astrology

Ah yes, and I subscribe to what @Sandie33 just posted as well.

@Ginny,

Ok, I'll use mine -

upload_2018-5-4_9-49-18.png

When looking at it there are a couple of immediately obvious patterns - 9 of the 10 (11 with Chiron) planets are placed in earth or water which are part of the introverted spectrum so this chart strongly leans toward introversion. 5 of the 10 planets are placed in earth (Capricorn) which also means Sensing is prominent in this chart - and it is likely to be extroverted sensing with the planets falling in the angular 1st house (of self) or in connection to the ascendant. Also the chart ruler (planet ruling ascendant and sun) is in its own house which is also a Sensing house so again a highlight for S. Thus this view of the chart shows these planets can operate with S as the primary function.

Feeling is indicated over thinking very obviously - there are several personal planets in water signs and no planets at all in air; thinking is instead shown as a secondary by the placements of Mercury and Uranus which make important connections (aspects) to other planets.

And finally intuition - this is represented by the Sun-Jupiter conjunction in the first house (which is also a fire house) and Uranus in a fire sign aspecting two other personal planets (Venus and Mars) - with contributions from Neptune (connected to Moon and Mercury), Uranus (connected to Venus and Mars with asteroid Pallas sandwiched between them), and Pluto with its aspects to Sun, Moon, and Mercury. The "flavor" of intuition represented by each outer planet is a bit different though and that's a whole another discussion.

So the chart almost shows two personalities, one dominated by sensing and one by intuition unified by feeling which connects them together. Normally you would be able to tell someone is an intuitive by the planets falling in the fire signs - Aries, Leo, Sagittarius. And Jupiter is the one planet most associated with this through its connection to symbolism and symbolic understanding.

I think we could take a step even further back and discuss the very nature of belief and knowledge, the tension between them, what they are, how we use them, how they use us. I'm fascinated with that subject, but that may well need a whole new Forum rather than just another thread - it would go way outside the scope of this Forum to explore properly. I'd better shut up now, or I'll be off down the Yellow Brick Road!

The Yellow Brick Road sounds like an interesting place. :)

@Ren vous êtes un gentleman et un érudit.

Usually they say "It's not you, it's me". But in this instance I'm happy to say "It's not me, it's you".

With the slight amendment to Free's gender: gentlewoman, or lady – to her heart's content.

Viva astrologia :smile:

I am going to eviscerate every nonsensical claim in this thread with my rational artillery.
You have every right to do so, but please create your own thread and do it there.

These types of threads never have a long shelf life and have a history of being ripped apart by others who take it upon themselves to do so instead of just staying out of the thread.

Try to remember you're on an INFJ forum.

You have every right to do so, but please create your own thread and do it there.

These types of threads never have a long shelf life and have a history of being ripped apart by others who take it upon themselves to do so instead of just staying out of the thread.

Try to remember you're on an INFJ forum.
Ok! I'll be nice.

Ok! I'll be nice.
giphy.gif

Sun signs barely scratch the surface of a persons astrological makeup. Sun signs are used as a simplistic way to bring astrology to the masses. Most people would be overwhelmed by the intricacies in their natal chart and how the energies interplay to make up the uniqueness of each person and their very unique journey through this life. Many people are shocked when they find out how revealing their natal chart really is.