Astrology | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Astrology

Sun signs barely scratch the surface of a persons astrological makeup. Sun signs are used as a simplistic way to bring astrology to the masses. Most people would be overwhelmed by the intricacies in their natal chart and how the energies interplay to make up the uniqueness of each person and their very unique journey through this life. Many people are shocked when they find out how revealing their natal chart really is.
Well said @Sadie ;)

In your birth chart, when a planet is in conjunction to any one of the angles, it will color your whole personality. You’ll behave, to a large extent, with the characteristics of that planet. Those characteristics will be more publicly evident than those of your Sun sign.
https://astrolibrary.org/planet-conjunction-angle/

***this Astrolibrary has a wealth of info in its pages. A reliable resourse, not just a peck of hoey ;)***

In your birth chart, when a planet is in conjunction to any one of the angles, it will color your whole personality. You’ll behave, to a large extent, with the characteristics of that planet. Those characteristics will be more publicly evident than those of your Sun sign.
https://astrolibrary.org/planet-conjunction-angle/

***this Astrolibrary has a wealth of info in its pages. A reliable resourse, not just a peck of hoey ;)***
According to this, I am a Mercurial, with Mercury in conjunction with my Ascendant. (Also, it's the only conjunction with an angle.)

Mercury-type People
Mercurial people or Mercury-type people are thinkers, communicators, masters of versatility, masters of expression, quick-witted, intelligent, clever, persuasive, effervescent, energetic, brilliant, and have a sharp/quick mind on good days. On bad days, Mercury-types can be restless, high-strung, anxious, critical, sarcastic, argumentative, deceitful, tricksters, swindlers, sly, and have a nervous tic.

The motto for Mercury-types: “I think.”

However, what if my Sun is also in conjunction with Mercury? Wouldn't that give the sun sign equally strong influence, in communication at least?

@Ginny, per Howard Sasportas' interpretation, the sun has to do with "becoming", therefore that conjunction would be read as "becoming mercurial" or that Mercury [information processing and sharing] is an essential part of the personality [sun] - and yes frequently this gives a sort of intellectual bent - very commonly people with this conjunction (Sun-Mercury) are good at learning foreign languages.

According to this, I am a Mercurial, with Mercury in conjunction with my Ascendant. (Also, it's the only conjunction with an angle.)

However, what if my Sun is also in conjunction with Mercury? Wouldn't that give the sun sign equally strong influence, in communication at least?
That would depend on house placement and cadency.
Check your chart for who and what is in 3rd house. This is the house of communication.

From site:
cadent
Those houses which fall away from the angles; the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th houses. Cadent Planets are those which occupy Cadent Houses, and whose influence is thereby weakened.

That would depend on house placement and cadency.
Check your chart for who and what is in 3rd house. This is the house of communication.

From site:
cadent
Those houses which fall away from the angles; the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 12th houses. Cadent Planets are those which occupy Cadent Houses, and whose influence is thereby weakened.
3rd house is vacant, cusp in Cancer, for about 2°.

9th house equally empty, cusp in Capricorn. The only Cadent Planets are Mars in 12th opposite Pluto in 6th. So their influence is weakened? :research:

Reactions: hush and Free
Good point @Sandie33 - forgot the house ruler/dispositor altogether.

The 12th house is a very complicated place (mundanely associated with prisons, dissolution, self-undoing, solitude) however it is also the house of the collective unconscious so it has access to a vast treasure trove unavailable to all the others. Thus you can say a planet placed there is debilitated by social standards but it will develop some very unusual abilities of a very special kind, although it is hard to describe in much detail since Neptunian territory is such a confusing place.

Pluto in the 6th is definitely not a weak placement since it would give some sort of profound attention to detail and an ability to exercise mental flexibility - the gift of the mutable signs and cadent houses is the ease with which they change direction when needed (a bit like the P in the MBTI.)

A bit more on the 12th house symbolism - the story about the fish which grants 3 wishes and the feeding the multitude in the Bible both echo some of its themes.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
3rd house is vacant, cusp in Cancer, for about 2°.

9th house equally empty, cusp in Capricorn. The only Cadent Planets are Mars in 12th opposite Pluto in 6th. So their influence is weakened? :research:
Yes.

Reactions: hush and Free
hard to describe in much detail since Neptunian territory is such a confusing place.
This is very true. I'm a Pisces sun, however I'm Cancer rising, Sag moon. My chart is weighted with more Moon and Jupiter than Neptune. My Neptune is 9th house, ruled by Jupiter and Sag. There's much fire in my chart; however, it is balanced by water.
I attached it here @jkxx if you don't mind sharing your thoughts, I'm curious of others perspectives on how they interpert a chart. (The colored wheel is based on Numerology Life Path 11)
View attachment 42361 View attachment 42362

@Sandie33, thank you for sharing - if you don't mind I'll reverse-engineer your birth date from this (without posting it on here to get Chiron and some other objects' positions)
I am not familiar with the life paths so will just go with the astrology. Responses will be in PM form though.

@Sandie33, thank you for sharing - if you don't mind I'll reverse-engineer your birth date from this (without posting it on here to get Chiron and some other objects' positions)
I am not familiar with the life paths so will just go with the astrology. Responses will be in PM form though.
Wonderful, thank you.
Chiron is in Pisces 9th H, 24° 53' 40"

These types of threads never have a long shelf life and have a history of being ripped apart by others who take it upon themselves to do so instead of just staying out of the thread.

Try to remember you're on an INFJ forum.
godammit I wish we still had thumbs down and negative rep comments available. It's really sad that Free even had to say this. Shame on you haters and just stay the fuck out.

So I did the astrolabe chart and here it is... tho I don't have an exact time of birth, I'll get that later then compare!

Rising Sign is in 04 Degrees Gemini

Extremely active by nature, you like to get around, meet people and do different things. Very restless, you just can't seem to stay put. You need to be involved in several projects at once in order to keep your mind stimulated. You like to read books and to write letters and to talk -- constantly. Seemingly ageless, you will always appear to be much younger than you really are. Very adaptable and inquisitive, you are always open to new ideas and experiences. A "jack-of-all-trades", you are lively and versatile. Because of the high nervous tension that you always seem to have, athletic activity would be a good way for you to burn off energy. But be careful of a tendency to experience things only superficially -- try to dig in and absorb things at a deeper level.

Sun is in 02 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.

Moon is in 23 Degrees Virgo.
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.

@Misadventure, would you be willing to make a chart from astro.com?

And nice, another capricorn.
Sure! I just confirmed my correct time of birth too, so it'll be interesting to see how that impacts everything. :D

Ok, go to astro.com, then enter your data under my astro (you will be setting up a free account), then free horoscopes, natal chart+ascendant (right-most tile/column.) Just make sure to use something like the snipping tool to block out your name and anything else you have entered that you don't want showing here. It should give you a chart similar to the ones already posted here.

godammit I wish we still had thumbs down and negative rep comments available. It's really sad that Free even had to say this. Shame on you haters and just stay the fuck out.

So I did the astrolabe chart and here it is... tho I don't have an exact time of birth, I'll get that later then compare!

Rising Sign is in 04 Degrees Gemini

Extremely active by nature, you like to get around, meet people and do different things. Very restless, you just can't seem to stay put. You need to be involved in several projects at once in order to keep your mind stimulated. You like to read books and to write letters and to talk -- constantly. Seemingly ageless, you will always appear to be much younger than you really are. Very adaptable and inquisitive, you are always open to new ideas and experiences. A "jack-of-all-trades", you are lively and versatile. Because of the high nervous tension that you always seem to have, athletic activity would be a good way for you to burn off energy. But be careful of a tendency to experience things only superficially -- try to dig in and absorb things at a deeper level.

Sun is in 02 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.

Moon is in 23 Degrees Virgo.
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.
Using the correct time of birth, here's the comparison to Astrolabe's chart:

Rising Sign is in 05 Degrees Gemini

Sun is in 03 Degrees Capricorn.

Moon is in 24 Degrees Aquarius.
Very freedom-oriented, you must always be able to do what you wish, no matter what. You become stubborn and recalcitrant when others try to force you into a mold. You are a true democrat -- you are not a follower, but you enjoy being with those who are like-minded. You appreciate emotional self-control -- you practice it yourself and you look for it in others. You solve problems, including emotional ones, with your brains and intellect, not your feelings. Try to be tolerant of those who have powerful and obvious emotional responses -- not everyone is as objective, cool, dispassionate and detached as you are.

Massive differences to say the least.

Ok, go to astro.com, then enter your data under my astro (you will be setting up a free account), then free horoscopes, natal chart+ascendant (right-most tile/column.) Just make sure to use something like the snipping tool to block out your name and anything else you have entered that you don't want showing here. It should give you a chart similar to the ones already posted here.
BnXEOkP.png

Z9vNX5y.png

Cool.. and since you have your data, you can now also go to free horoscopes, astro click portrait, and then click on any black symbols to get the reading for them. It's pretty insightful although not one of their pro reports.

...and you are a Sun square Pluto as well. Woops didn't realize I never actually posted this.