Astrology | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Astrology

@DopiestDegree, would you be ok posting a chart here (anonymized)?
We are doing sort of a research compendium so I'm interested in everyone's charts (there will be a conclusion/comparison eventually)

And if this is possible/acceptable - a sort of open request to the mods - if you can provide a first "opening for business" time and date for the forum, can be recalculated to UTC time without location, will still work. This will show how everyone here "relates" to the forum. /notnecessary-justthinking

Last edited:
Oh there is a long write-up coming. This was just the research portion which was just completed (it's been a hectic day at work so can't quite focus.)

Did not answer you properly - these are fixed stars, they'll be explained along with the charts. We have a particularly infamous one active in the charts.

Last edited:
over-the-moon-waterhorse-amy-s-turner.jpg
[Pegasus the flying horse]

Ch 1. - The light

A little intro, with a bit more information about my chart since we sort of began our exploration with it in this thread. Then we move onto related subjects.

The journey leading up to today's result began in 2016 when I went through an extensive read of some 40 astrology books (following Pluto conjunct AC transit), where in one the astrological elements were presented as being equivalent to the Jungian functions. Since virtually everyone I know is an N (mostly NF) it was fairly easy to pull up friends' charts and do some analyses. Interestingly enough this checked out and the pattern continued to hold into the present.

So first, what constitutes Intuition in astrology - it is known that N correlates with the element of fire and that Jupiter (a fire planet) is always found strong in symbolic and abstract thinkers. Thus any of the following can be associated with N:

- Personal planets in direct aspect with Jupiter

- Planets falling in the 9th house

- Planets occupying the fire signs of Aries, Leo, Sagittarius

- Planets also occupying houses 1 and 5 (belong to Mars and the Sun, the other fire planets)

- Planets in Pisces [co-ruled by Jupiter]

Meanwhile feeling has been easier to define as simply the element of water, however it too has a number of dimensions. Any of the water signs qualify, obviously, and the reactive planets Neptune and Pluto [both f] do as well. Thus feeling may be associated with any of the following

- Planets falling in the water signs Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

- Planets in houses 4, 8, 12

- Planets in aspect to Moon, Neptune, Pluto

- Sometimes planets in aspect to Venus if Venus is linked to N [in fire] or F [in water]

Let's see how this fits into the charts we have examined so far. Some words have been abbreviated, where for example H refers to a house.

Mine:

N = Sun conjunct Jupiter in H1, Uranus in Sag -> Venus/Mars, 12th house (housing Moon and Mercury) cusp in Sagittarius

F = Venus and Mars in Pisces, Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio, Moon, Neptune in 12th house conjunct Neptune

Sandie33:

N = Jupiter angular+exalted square PoF, Jupiter in aspect to Saturn in Pisces [co ruled by Jupiter], Venus in Aries, Sun-Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Sagittarius ---> [connects to below]

F = Sun and Mercury, Saturn, Chiron in Pisces, Jupiter in Cancer *note Sandie has Jupiter and the Moon in mutual reception - very cool*, Jupiter in Cancer <----, Neptune in Scorpio

misadventure:

N = Jupiter in Aries [in Uranus' house while opposition Pluto in the Sun's house], Mercury-Jupiter, Neptune in Sagittarius [Neptune-Jupiter aspect], Moon-Venus-Mercury where Mercury->Jupiter, Saturn in Leo [ruling 8th house where Pluto->Jupiter]

F = Venus in Scorpio, Venus->Moon, Venus->Mercury [with N link chain above], Pluto in Libra with Pluto->Mars

Ginny:

N = Sun trine Jupiter, Mercury trine Jupiter, Moon in Aries, Jupiter trine AC, Venus in Leo

F = Jupiter in Scorpio, Sun in Cancer, Mercury in Cancer, Saturn in Pisces, Pluto in Scorpio with Pluto->Venus,Mars,~Moon

hush [NF? N for sure]

N = Jupiter in Leo in aspect to Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter in 9th house, Moon-Mars in aspect to Jupiter from 7th house, Venus also in aspect to Jupiter, Mercury-Venus-Sun->Neptune

F = Chiron in Cancer, Moon trine Venus with gateway aspect Jupiter-Pluto [transfers Air->Water], Pluto in Scorpio with Pluto conjunct AC from 12th house [Neptune involved with Pluto through roundabout connection Neptune->Venus/Sun/Mercury->Jupiter->Pluto]

Peppermint [do you consider yourself an NF?]

N = Jupiter exalted in Cancer in aspect to Pluto while in 8th house [with Chiron participating], Jupiter conjunct Sirius(*), Jupiter-Neptune aspect, Venus sextile Jupiter, Moon in Sagittarius, Mars in Aries

F = Pluto in Scorpio with Pluto conjunct AC from 12th house, Moon in 1st house [connection to N above with Mars->Fire and Sag->Fire], Chiron conjunct Jupiter/Sirius trine AC [in Scorpio]

dopiestDegree:

N = Sun, Mars, Venus, Mercury in Sagittarius, Jupiter in Scorpio /with Pluto in Scorpio/

F = Moon-Pluto aspect although Moon is in Aqua, Jupiter in 8th house/Scorpio, Pluto in Scorpio with Pluto square AC, Moon in 12th house with Neptune sextile Pluto in the chart

The result is, to be honest, very pleasing - N is found as far as I can tell in all charts and quite a few show a preference for F as well - though in a few others you may prefer T modes with the airy signs highlighted.

Back to my chart with a few traits (configurations) which relate to INFJness and some fixed star coverage. Then I'll go through the list for everyone with a small diversion into astrology denier land.

moonsextilemc.PNGmoonneptune.PNG mercurysextilemc.PNG mercuryneptune.PNG pluto9.PNG
sunjupiter.PNG

The "psychic-ness" is explained by the Neptune (and 12th house placements) while Pluto in 9th with its aspects gives the psychology and research interests. Unfortunately Pluto being so powerful here (on the MC and aspecting 4 planets while having the chart ruler in its own home sign) means I tend to scare many people away, which exacerbates the avpd traits.

Fixed stars active in my chart include Acrux "astrologers and occultists" conjunct the midheaven, paran to Ras Alhague, paran to Scheat, paran and aspect to Algol (yuck), Sirius on the DC, Alhena opposite Mercury, paran to Aculeus, paran to Deneb Algedi, paran to Merkab, paran to Alnilam.

The Saturn-Chiron connections will be saved for part 2 so we'll skip them for now.

Detour: astrology deniers

So now that we have a pretty good feel that astro makes sense and explains us decently enough there comes the question of astrology deniers - does astrology explain them? Let's see and try to figure it out.

Astrology is ruled primarily by planet Uranus "the awakener", the planet of progressive thinking and epiphanies (with some help from Jupiter, planet of the higher mind and lateral thinking.) Thus we start by zooming in on the sign of Aquarius which Uranus rules.

There is one planet which deals with our shame and fears* and that planet is Saturn - if our Saturn is placed in Aquarius we will be afraid of and likely feel an initial repulsion to the things represented by Aquarius or Uranus - including astrology. However technology can also appear particularly unpleasant to be around for people with this placement. For those of you here with this placement, give yourselves a pat on the back because you have done a brave thing giving astrology a chance and remaining open-minded through the whole process.

*Saturn is only initially about these things so should not be considered a "malefic" planet as it was in the ancient days. Additionally Saturn is one of the two strongest relationship attractor planets (the other is Chiron) which will be discussed in another chapter.

Famous denier example

Carl Sagan has the Sun conjunct Venus in Scorpio square Saturn in Aquarius - Saturn has a hold of Sagan's Moon as well through its sextile aspect to the luminary. When Saturn squares a person planet that planet's confidence is "sucked away" as if a vacuum cleaner is always connected to it and draining it of all of its specialness and confidence - instead we usually see a sort of compensation involving much hard work to develop the planet along Saturnian lines. Thus Sagan's naturally inquisitive being is nailed down to the cross by the punishing super-ego [Saturn in square aspect] in a way which does not allow "nonsense" like astrology to exist or have any value. This is echoed in Sagan's writings and speeches on the subject.

flight-of-the-salary-men-eric-fan.jpg
[The rational mind's reaction with its facts when astrology is introduced]

Connection to and influence on me

It is immediately obvious that Sagan would have an enormous impact on me - his Ascendant is conjunct my North Node, his Sun-Venus falls in my 10th house and trines my Venus-Mars, his Pluto opposes my Jupiter, and his Midheaven is just a few degrees from my own sun with his Mars-Neptune opposing my Venus-Mars - and indeed I remember being glued to the screen the second he started talking about humanity and the stars in the first episode of Cosmos.

Connection to developing an interest in studying astrology

The Pluto in Scorpio placement predisposes one to look below the surface of appearance and this includes indulging into taboo or occult subjects, thus astrology is highlighted with this placement. Likewise I have seen a regularity of Jupiter in Scorpio and Pluto in the 9th house (mutual reception here) placements in the charts of those with an interest in astrology.

Around the circle: the highlighted traits for everyone in aspect form

phoenix_by_genzoman-d3cqnzj.jpg[
[Pluto in Scorpio]

This generation cares not about things as they appear but as they really are – Pluto here gives the compulsion to dig to the very fundamentals of existence and such a person is ready to take this quest to an extreme, if necessary, to find the truth. This is especially true if your personal planets (Sun,Moon,Mercury,Venus,Mars) are also in aspect to your Scorpio Pluto.

Pluto has equally profound effects in Virgo and Libra although they concern somewhat different spheres of life. However the same applies if Pluto is aspecting any personal planets in these signs.

Sandie33

Jupiter, Pisces, Moon in Sag
jupcancer.PNG

(part 1 of many, will have to split this up)

Last edited:
@Ginny, some aspects and star alignments

g1.JPG g2.JPG g3.JPG g4.JPG g5.JPG

Fixed stars

Moon conjunct Acamar
Mars conjunct Algol, Pluto opposition Algol [that's the one we have in common though you get Mars-Pluto vs Saturn-North Node in my case]
Sun conjunct Alhena
Venus conjunct Merak
Uranus conjunct Terebellum

(will be adding more of this throughout the day for everyone on the chart list)

Fixed stars

Moon conjunct Acamar
Mars conjunct Algol, Pluto opposition Algol [that's the one we have in common though you get Mars-Pluto vs Saturn-North Node in my case]
Sun conjunct Alhena
Venus conjunct Merak
Uranus conjunct Terebellum
Looking at these right now :thumbsup:

Just... take it slow once you get to Algol.. the rest should be fine
Do you mean this?
Mars conjunct Algol: or if Mars be elevated above the luminaries when Algol is angular, the native will be a murderer who will come to an untimely end.

I'm not very perturbed.

Last edited:
Took a walk but for now - that stuff is not meant literally as half the stars say weird things like this. However Algol does seem like a problematic star from my experiences.