Aspergers Test | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Aspergers Test

I can give a very recent example actually. Yesterday my housemate had a guest over, who is basically the brother of my best friend. I know him quite well and we get on great — he's Irish but currently doing a PhD in English Lit in Montreal. Anyway, I said hi to him; he was in the midst of a conversation with my housemate and mentioned he had been reading the complete dialogues of Plato. I got very excited and asked him which one was his favorite; and we (well, mostly I) ended up talking about Plato's dialogues for an hour or so. It took me about an hour to ask him how Montreal was and how he had been doing. And then at that point he revealed to me that he had been joking about reading the complete dialogues of Plato; he'd only read a couple, but he said he found it hard to interrupt me after that.

So yeah, I'm still not always the best at reading cues :tonguewink:

Would you mind sharing a bit more about this? In private conversation, if you prefer.
I relate a bit to repeating some things everyday and following a routine, but I'd be curious to see how that plays out for someone who's actually been diagnosed.

Absolutely. I'm always very happy to talk about it if that can be helpful :)

EDIT: But yes, perhaps privately might be better.

I can give a very recent example actually. Yesterday my housemate had a guest over, who is basically the brother of my best friend. I know him quite well and we get on great — he's Irish but currently doing a PhD in English Lit in Montreal. Anyway, I said hi to him; he was in the midst of a conversation with my housemate and mentioned he had been reading the complete dialogues of Plato. I got very excited and asked him which one was his favorite; and we (well, mostly I) ended up talking about Plato's dialogues for an hour or so. It took me about an hour to ask him how Montreal was and how he had been doing. And then at that point he revealed to me that he had been joking about reading the complete dialogues of Plato; he'd only read a couple, but he said he found it hard to interrupt me after that.

So yeah, I'm still not always the best at reading cues :tonguewink:
Everybody should own this book:
View attachment 61148
Sorry what are we talking about?

Reactions: Asa, java and Ren
Everybody should own this book:
View attachment 61148
Sorry what are we talking about?

Haha. Well, actually I don't own it — I read the complete dialogues in PDF because I hate possessing things. It's another trait ^^ Shared by Wittgenstein, by the way, who was probably on the spectrum as well. I didn't mention that in Music and Math because it's a very very sensitive thing for me but yes it's another big reason why I identified with him so strongly.

Haha. Well, actually I don't own it — I read the complete dialogues in PDF because I hate possessing things. It's another trait ^^ Shared by Wittgenstein, by the way, who was probably on the spectrum as well. I didn't mention that in Music and Math because it's a very very sensitive thing for me but yes it's another big reason why I identified with him so strongly.
Why is it sensitive for you, Ren?

Reactions: java and Ren
I got 32. Not surprised.