Aspergers Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Aspergers Test

I got 8.

Better safe than sorry. A mental break followed by psychosis is a nasty beast. It will fuck you up.

Well, some people are quite harsh, if you are then you are, if you aren't then you aren't, but how would you know except by comparing yourself to others, or being compared, or taking a test devised by someone who has compared someone? I scored a 31. If everyone was autistic, would autism exist? I don't remember when they diagnosed me with aspergers. Oh how the times have changed since that time.

Hi

I scored 30 but have never been diagnosed although I believe I do have Asperger's. I guess the next step would be to look into official diagnosis but my GP has always been quite dismissive, I think this test is the official one designed by Simon Baron-Cohen
The website said if you get a score above 31 then you may want to follow up with a medical practitioner, but I got exactly 31 so I must be fine. Phew.

I scored 30 but have never been diagnosed, but I do believe I have Asperger's. I don't think it's a big deal for me, being an INFJ I can deal with it easy

giphy.gif

Seriously, this test is rigged. Basically if you like math
and you don't particularly care for others, you're going
to score relatively high on this.

I hate math(s) and work as a carer. I wouldn't say I have the capacity to care for many others as individuals, but I do care about those who are good to me and, I suppose, I enjoy my work because so many of the people I work with have their thoughts and feelings dismissed regularly, even if not especially within 'caring' settings.

I hate math(s) and work as a carer. I wouldn't say I have the capacity to care for many others as individuals, but I do care about those who are good to me and, I suppose, I enjoy my work because so many of the people I work with have their thoughts and feelings dismissed regularly, even if not especially within 'caring' settings.

I recall your current work details :)

Why do you think it is you like to make people feel heard?

I recall your current work details :)

Why do you think it is you like to make people feel heard?

This feels like a bit of a trap, because the obvious answer is obvious, but I'll step in it anyway. People, myself included, what with being a person and all, need to express themselves (duh-duh duhduhduhduhduhduh duhduhduhduh). All I do, if anything, is make space for people to hear themselves. I wish I'd coined the term 'toxic positivity' but I was railing against it way before the word 'toxic' was being applied to everything so had no point of reference. The problem, as far as I can tell, is that the madder one gets, the more the 'listener' feels obliged to 'contain' the madness, lest it 'get worse'. However, it's there anyway, and it will be expressed one way or another. Maybe publicly, maybe privately, but...inevitably. So, as much as I can talk about myself etc, it's as much a case of damage limitation as anything else...I think.

This feels like a bit of a trap, because the obvious answer is obvious, but I'll step in it anyway. People, myself included, what with being a person and all, need to express themselves (duh-duh duhduhduhduhduhduh duhduhduhduh). All I do, if anything, is make space for people to hear themselves. I wish I'd coined the term 'toxic positivity' but I was railing against it way before the word 'toxic' was being applied to everything so had no point of reference. The problem, as far as I can tell, is that the madder one gets, the more the 'listener' feels obliged to 'contain' the madness, lest it 'get worse'. However, it's there anyway, and it will be expressed one way or another. Maybe publicly, maybe privately, but...inevitably. So, as much as I can talk about myself etc, it's as much a case of damage limitation as anything else...I think.

And here I was thinking your mom didn't listen to you as a child
so you liked to make others feel heard lol.

30. I guess it's... not surprising? Hm.

I got 30 too...
Why is it not surprising? Are you diagnosed?

Yes, I am 'on the spectrum' as they say. Though not very strongly.

I had more of the features when I was younger, though. Especially not getting social cues. These days I'm much much better with that — but I am still extremely sensitive to external stimuli, obsessed with a few activities that I stick to every day (otherwise I get very anxious), very routine-oriented, etc.

It's interesting because I used to think I was an INFJ with high Ti and Si because of that, but it turns out I could be an INFP with high Ti/Te.

Being on the spectrum tends to 'power up' Ti and Si.

obsessed with a few activities that I stick to every day (otherwise I get very anxious), very routine-oriented, etc.

Would you mind sharing a bit more about this? In private conversation, if you prefer.
I relate a bit to repeating some things everyday and following a routine, but I'd be curious to see how that plays out for someone who's actually been diagnosed.