Are You Very Close to Your Parents? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Are You Very Close to Your Parents?

Is dat sum Batman R.I.P.?

nope, that's sum Batman: Journey into The Knight.

Story about how bruce became a cold hearted dark knight, it's not canon, but it's useful insight into the joker, and rather amusing at that. it's from one of his frequent nightmares

Last edited by a moderator:
mom wanted to keep me home, i wanted to move out...

so i moved out and moved on, far away... i'm just too independent

its nothing about her, we have such a deep and profound understanding of each other... but at 19, i felt it was time for me to move out and grow up

i'm always in such a rush...

My dad and I are close. Even though I live with my dad, I dont get to see him much because I am never home. :p I am kinda close with my grandparents too, however I really dont tell my family much about me.

I Find that I have a better understanding of myself by knowing and watching both of my parents. I feel so lucky to have the ability to see them daily because I know it won't always be like that. It really makes me love my life...

Interesting that those of us who have fathers are close to them! My father is like many of yours. He is quiet, but understanding. I don't know other ISTP's, but he is very gentle with us girls.

My mother . . . let's not go there. My mental image of her is something along the lines of a 45 year old overweight cheerleader still trying to live the glory days and making everyone in her path miserable . . . (shudders).

Efromm, i'm with you on this one-when my father passes away, I may never recover. I'll just fade into a depressing non-existence.

Perhaps you'll just need someone to hold you tight, and keep you there while you recover.

I'm not close with any of my family.

My parents gave me every opportunity they could give a child. They're the most awesome people ever; my mom's an INFJ, and I don't know about my dad. They know exactly when to party, when to be serious, when to be disciplinarians, when to be friends...

All I know is that as far as I've gotten and as far as I have yet to go, my parents are the ones that allowed me to get there.

I'm close to my parents, although they can be frustrating, they are ISFJ and ISTJ (I think). I think they are disturbed by my recent lack of direction.

Probably, shai! Here's hoping my greatly esteemed father sticks around for another twenty years at least!

Stone, I've been gone awhile. What's causing your quagmire of stagnancy?

Probably not all that recent actually, just struggling to make a start on a career since finishing University, I picked about the worst time to try and start one too with the current economic climate...

No joke! And here I am trying to figure out if I should leave mine b/c of the politics of working with women!

Wow. Ok. What are you looking for in a career?

Well I have a marketing degree, I loved studying it but I'm not sure if it's the right fit for me at the moment, also it's notoriously hard to break into but once you have a bit of experience you're in. I'm seriously questioning my choice of major, not much I can do about that now though.

Interesting that those of us who have fathers are close to them!

I'm not. I didn't respond to the thread cause I didn't know what to say but I'm not. I love him as he's my father and I know he doesn't have many more years in him but I'm kind of numb to it. Obviously I don't want him to die and I will be sad but yeah...

I'd rather talk about what you two are gonna do with work/study :D

Yay for you, stone! I don't really know any ISFP's (maybe met one-not sure. she avoids people, but has been in college for . . . 8 years?)

Lurker, sorry! I should have clarified, but I meant infj's!

Urg. Luckily for me, healthcare has several options. I am reducing my hours at the hospital to feel out a home health position.

My dad is way too secretive for any of us to be close to him. He scored ISFJ but I always thought he was a T. I find it kind of sad but I know it's not gonna change. We accept him as he is - and he was never bad to us, on the contrary, just completely absorbed in his world and his work all the time.
I'm closer to my mum and I know she'll listen to me if I need to talk, but we see the world in very different ways and so I know there are things that we can't discuss.

This said, they've been good parents and I am grateful for that.

As far as loosing them... I fell into a strange depressive period because of that that lasted for about a year, and I'm only getting out of it for now.

I'm right in the middle of that transition from teenage to adulthood. I have left home for my studies a couple of years ago, when I was 19 - had spent 6 months away the year before already. Leaving home made me realize a lot of things, and curiously some very early emotions that I had burried far away in a corner of my brain came back to the surface to make me evolve in a painful way. Psychoanalysis and all... Still a long way to go.

Yay for you, stone! I don't really know any ISFP's (maybe met one-not sure. she avoids people, but has been in college for . . . 8 years?)

She could be, I would love to stay at uni for 8 years, I was very comfortable there.

Shaz I hope all is well with you. Just remember that life is full of tests and right now your being tested. It's what you do when your being tested that makes you in the end. My best experiences in life were the ones that rocked me to the core. The bad experiences that have been dealt on me have taught me that no matter what happens good or bad either way it's gonna happen. So you can either fight it all the way or you can find a way to enjoy the ride. Either way it's gonna happen. When I look back on the things that messed me up I also realise that I also learned a great deal about myself along the way. So in the end I decided it was an even trade. Bad time=good lesson.:eek:hwell: