Are You Very Close to Your Parents? | INFJ Forum

Are You Very Close to Your Parents?

54192&#cmy

Outta Here.
Donor
Jul 18, 2008
MBTI
InFU
I work with mine everyday. Done so for the last 25 years. My dad and I own a buisness together. We don't always agree but over the years we have learned to listen to each other and we have gained a strong respect for each others ideas. I have always felt like being around my parents and my daughter get's to hang with her grandma and grandpa instead of going to day care. Wich is a big deal to me.

Most people ask me how I can stand to be around them all the time. At times it's not easy but I have learned so much about myself watching them that I see it as one of the best experiences of my life. I feel like I am where I belong and once they are gone I have no idea what I will do. I can't even bring myself to think about my parents passing..

Anyone else out there who talks to there parents weekly?

I talk to my parents daily, because I currently live with them. I wouldn't say I'm close to them in the same way that I'm close to a best friend though.

No. I didn't know my dad and my mom left when I was 13.

But I am very close with my grandparents.

No I am not...I live close to them but as far as knowing me no not at all... I am VERY different from everyone in my family I have always been called the black sheep of the family..extended family too...Im just weird i guess

I live with my parents and I am very close to them .... my mom drives me insane, but I do love her and we do a lot together. My dad is someone that I truly enjoy talking with.

However, my parents are of a very different mindset than myself, so we never really cross the parent/child line into friendship.

My parents are negative people and I have had to learn not to listen to them. It's mostly my mom. I have learned to tune it out. I would say that me and my dad are more like kindrid spirits now we work together and play together. But I still need my down time and he knows that and let's me have my space. My Dad really understands me I think.

My parents are negative people and I have had to learn not to listen to them. It's mostly my mom. I have learned to tune it out. I would say that me and my dad are more like kindrid spirits now we work together and play together. But I still need my down time and he knows that and let's me have my space. My Dad really understands me I think.

WOW this totally sounds like me too! My mom is horrible shes vindictive and always uses my giving nature and helpful side against me then plays the martyr and makes me feel so guilty (shes disabled)..I try to tune it out but most of the time I avoid her so I dont have to feel what she makes me feel! My dad and I have a very QUIET understanding of one another...Its all unsaid!

Sounds like you got it worse! And that sucks. My Mom just focuses on bad things and then keeps reliving them over and over. I think I have finally made her see how bad it is to do that. But I was only able to do that thru setting the example and not doing it myself. Like I said in another post my x really screwed me over!! My mom can't let it go and I have too, to be a good father to my 9 year old daughter. Long story lol

And on a side note this is my 36th post. Today I set a goal to post atleast my age. LOL And I did it now I can kick back and enjoy that I made my goal. lol

batman.jpg

Keep in mind that if you laugh at this image, a special place in hell just opened up for you...(I'm kidding)

Reactions: Lurker
Oh god, I've never felt such an odd mix of shame, and the need to laugh in all my years.

I concur with the batman macro. Mine aren't around anymore. But when they were, yeah, we were definitely close. My mom and I were friends and mother daughter, and my dad was more like an annoying older brother. There was little to hide from them any of the time (save for my dad, who was a mite bit too overprotective--to my advantage, however).

They were cool people. Only the awesome die really, really young, I suppose.

Reactions: Silently Honest
Sorry to hear that your parents have passed. Hearing that makes me appreciate mine more. I feel lucky to see them everyday now. When I was younger that was not the case. Having a kid definately changed my perspective on them. It actually healed me and them. I can now relate to the hard things I did to them.

My mom too focuses on the bad as well..All the bad choices i made and blah blah blah..I can relate to that one!
SH....I already knew i was going to hell so I chuckled!
I really should appreciate my mom more...:squigglemouth: but its really hard!

I roared with laughter!
I call my parents every day and pop in a couple of times a week. My dad is the rock of the family and I just adore him. He understands me and our relationship is silent as well. He is the finest example of an INFJ I have ever seen, just a fine man. I think about his passing sometimes and he jokes about it - he's looking forward to it! I know my heart is going to break when it happens, there's no doubt about it. I love my mother as well but I feel such sorrow for her because she never grew up.
My dad had a small painting business at one time and let me come on jobs with him to earn some money when the kids were little. On those days my mother babysat for free so it was wonderful for me. Spending time with him like that is something I'll always cherish.

Ditto....When my Dad passes away I already know I will sink into a deep depression. I really love my Dad..

It will definitely be a life altering experience which will happen in the blink of an eye.

My parents came over to my house with my sister. Me and my sis don't talk much. And tonight I remembered why. She is very crabby to put it nice!! LOL And it was strange to see my dad kiss her ass. I only see her once a year and for the first time I realised that she still hasn't grown up. She is 32 has a great job makes good money. But I really don't think that there is really anymore than that going for her. Sad for me to say but it seems to me to be true. We are so different in how we think I think she is a stranger now. And I bet she feels the same.. Sad but such is life sometimes..