Are you single??? or not??? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Are you single??? or not???

What do you mean?

I want to be in a relationship with an alien. Finding someone half way across the world you fall in love with is cool n' all. But finding something/someone from further out? That's just plain awesome + I seem to really suck with relationships. So this is my way of saying I will probably be single for a very long time. (But I still want an alien in my life)

I think I jump on the bandwagon of living in a house with many pets. But I might just be one of those old men with 1 dog they love to pieces.

Reactions: grt$5vb
Reactions: 894tt3h9
Nope. I have been in a relationship with insontis for 5 months, now. :)

Reactions: invisible
I am single, and I am really enjoying this time to myself. I'm not too concerned about meeting someone, its not very high on my priority list right now.

-Anna

I am now and have always been single. During my teenage years I turned down a few girls because I was hopelessly in love with someone else, and then didn't really have enough closure to ask out anyone until a couple years ago. Last year I was rejected by a girl I really liked, mostly because by the time I made my move she had already made plans to move halfway across the county the following month (and after a few months living with her parents wile studying for the LSAT go to Korea to teach English for a year). For a few months after that I was too busy making sure I would graduate on time, and since graduation I really have not gotten out much. Right now I am trying to focus on finding a job. Finding a partner should probably wait until I have employment, my own car, and maybe somewhere to live other than my parents' house.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;2AwaA85nEbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AwaA85nEbE[/video]

Reactions: Soulful
I'm single :pout:

[video=youtube;y9z63wXCgz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z63wXCgz8&feature=related[/video]

Reactions: grt$5vb
Lol this generally what I do, and prefer to do. I tend to target guys that I also think I'll be compatable with, or at least have high hopes.

I enjoy being in a loving relationship more than I do being single. But those are rare to come by. Dating guys I can't bring myself to be particularly emotionally invested in is emotionally equivalent to being single, for me. I'm an extrovert, so the rest of the aspects of dating don't really have much of an impact on me or my life's schedule.

LOL agreed... :)

Are you single or not???

Single since spring of this year. Enjoying the self time since I got a new job earlier this year. ^^

Do you plan on dating soon??

Nope. Was in a 5 year relationship. Taking the time to catch up on self time and improve myself.

Do any of you go through these issues with dating?

I'm not good with approaching people with my feelings. All of my past relationships involve the girl approaching me, or it was VERY obvious when I knew of the girl's feelings towards me. That only happens with the dating side of things. I'm pretty good with talking to my female friends otherwise.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz)

I find unusual/awkward situations to be a great ice breaker. There was one time where a girl was sitting behind a desk taking admission fees for a show. When very few people were around, she accidently let out a loud burp then looked around to see if anyone noticed. She then caught my eye while I grinned and she got a bit embarassed. I lightly teased her about it for the rest of that day. Keep in mind that the situation doesn't have to directly involve the person of your interest though. For example, both of you could be in the same bus when it suddenly breaks down and one of you can start off with a humourous remark.

The thing about relationships is that you can have one and still do other things. Like if you have a b/f you can still do things like go to school, study, read, ignore him, etc. If you just cant find someone who likes to talk about regular things, okay... but if you are pushing people away because you feel they are encroaching on your independence, that is problematic and is probably more your problem than something caused by the other person.

I agree on the most part but it truly depends on the type of person encroaching on your independence. If they're incredibly clingy and they cry if you don't talk to them for more than an hour or longer, then that's obviously a red flag. There are some men (and women) out there who get insanely needy or clingy if you don't give them constant attention 24/7. I have unfortunately dated a few men that needed constant attention and were just energy sucking of my time. If I asked to have some breathing room for a day or two because I was in a bad mood, some of them would just freak out.

So when I said that I was fiercely independent, I meant that I need a lot of space and breathing room. Some people in this world need a certain amount of space. I find that not talking to your partner for 1-2 days is perfectly normal. For some other people, they may need more or less space than that. I find that not alerting your partner about your 'space' needs is very irresponsible and can be detrimental to the relationship.

Personally, If I accept a person into my life, I'm not going to just push them out because they encroach on my space. I'm going to explain the reasons why I need them and I'm going to reinforce that boundary. I find having reasonable boundaries are very important in my relationships because they build trust and they're also there so I won't resent my partner. If the partner agrees to a boundary and they go against the agreement, I find that it's enough of an incentive to end the partnership.

Reactions: Gaze
Are you single or not??? Pretty much single

Do you plan on dating soon?? Probably not

Do any of you go through these issues with dating? Sort of, I agree with the nerdy over hot dichotomy. (everyone knows nerdy girls are the hottest ones anyway.) my physical preferences are basically "in shape" but I have a lot of things I'd want in a partner, independence, intelligence and motivation being at the top of that list. I couldn't be with someone who wanted to try and run my life or share everything either.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz) I have social anxiety disorder...

I guess the younger generations now use the word hot as a descriptor meaning something other than sexually appealing. Its the only way I can make sense of some of these posts. So what exactly do you mean by hot, younger generation? Jersey Shore, Kelly Kapowski, playboy centerfold?

I guess the younger generations now use the word hot as a descriptor meaning something other than sexually appealing. Its the only way I can make sense of some of these posts. So what exactly do you mean by hot, younger generation? Jersey Shore, Kelly Kapowski, playboy centerfold?

I think of "hot" more as what appeals to society than what appeals to me.

Are you single or not???

Single.

Do you plan on dating soon??

No, or to be honest, not sure, but I know that my intellectual procedures and goals are far more important to me at the moment.

I've never dated, yet alone been on a date. So I'm not sure what those issues are.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?(Lolz)

Depends what I'm doing and what I'm inquiring about.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

original

Are you single or not?

I am single.
Although with my friend/ex we apparently have some weird "together, but not really" thing going on. It makes me hate him, and myself especially.

Do you plan on dating soon?

I do plan on dating as soon as I meet the person who meets my criteria. Unfortunately, the frequency of people meeting the criteria in the populations I encounter are slim. :/

I suppose I go through a rigorous pruning process in my mind which makes me seem unable/uninterested to talk to people or initiate any sort of communication. I guess this is the effect of introversion. I am also not around people I feel comfortable with or share common interests with.

Is it hard for you to approach someone other than in a book store?

It is not difficult for me to approach someone when I have set my mind to capture their heart. I just need to find a heart worth fighting for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edith
I'm kind of single. For now. It might change soon. Timing is funny like that.

At the moment I don't fully know.

I have been single for about 4 years now. Just recently I have fallen in love with my best friend, who is also an infj. I have had feelings for her for a while now but she was in a long-term, and now long-distance since she has come to college, relationship up until around Thanksgiving. Since they broke up, we have been spending more and more time with each other and our small group of friends (there are four of us). I have never been able to talk to anyone as openly and comfortably as when I talk to her. We understand each other on a deeper level than either of us have ever experienced before. We tend to stay up late most nights talking with each other via text, cell phone, facebook chat, etc. I have never felt so close to someone, even when I was in my last relationship, which lasted for 3 years. She, for as long as I have known her, has always tried to hide her emotions from others. Recently, I have noticed subtle nuances in her actions and words that have planted the thought in my mind that maybe she feels the same way about me. I have agonized over the thought of telling her how I feel for weeks now. If I tell her but she does not feel the same it might be catastrophic to our friendship. If I do not tell her but she does feel the same and is having the same internal struggle that I am, then we both miss out on quite possibly the most significant happiness that either of us have ever known. These are the thoughts that have kept me up at night and have lingered in my mind during the day. Last night while talking to her over facebook chat while studying for exams, she tells me that she has feelings for one of our friends. This has really hit me hard. I did not sleep at all last night. I know this might not seem significant to some, but I have been completely crushed by this.

Reactions: invisible